Sierra Nvidia driver reinstall after App installation(repeat offender)

crazyeye

17 posts in this topic

Hello Friendly people here at Insanely Mac, I have successfully managed to install Sierra 10.12.4 on my system (yay!).

Everything is working well and this would be the best install I have ever done on any one of my machines, going all the way back to Snow Leopard.

HOWEVER, I cannot get Kaspersky to install, no worries, I installed Norton (after paying for a different subscription x.x); after the program installed I proceeded to install my other software but not until I reboot my system of course, heres the issue that I can't wrap my mind around, mostly every time I install new software and reboot my machine, my monitors never display an image and I have to boot into a bootloader and start up without any nvidia driver then reinstall my drivers again for me to have a successful boot up. I've searched google for any one having this issue and came up empty handed, can anyone help me out with this?

I've also noticed that when I try to boot without reinstalling the drivers, it takes a considerably longer time to progress though the bar (maybe this has an effect as well?)

My specs are: Intel i7 2600k (unlocked), 16gb DDR3 Mem, EVGA Nvidia GTX 980ti, with an Asrock z68 extreme7 Gen3 mainboard. 

This isn't a life threatening bug but it is getting a little annoying having the reinstall my nvidia drivers over and over after every install of something new.

Thanks everyone for your anticipated support and help along the way :)

-Post ur full Clover folder with original tables, press F4 in Clover Boot Screen, files generate in Clover/Acpi/origin

-Post Ioreg, extract with Ioreg Explorer

-Run it, post files generate in ur desktop

• Like 1

-Post ur full Clover folder with original tables, press F4 in Clover Boot Screen, files generate in Clover/Acpi/origin
-Post Ioreg, extract with Ioreg Explorer
-Run it, post files generate in ur desktop

When I was in clover bootloader, I pressed F4 but nothing shows in the designated folder.

I'm also a bit confused on the wording of your post, would you like for me to post in this thread my Ioreg ( file > save as > desktop> CrazyEye's iMac) ?

Sorry for the confusion :blush: :blush:

Thank you for the response MaLd0n

• Like 1

Okay, I'm running it. Its not doing a particular task, should I have it "update now"

I attached a file that I saved from the program, just in case you wanted me to upload it.

CrazyEye’s iMac.zip

• Like 1

Check, replace folder

attachicon.gifCLOVER.zip

Run it

attachicon.gifOlarila.command.zip

Reboot

use ur kexts in Clover/Kexts/Other, dont use S/L/E

Send me new ioreg after reboot

CrazyEyes-iMac:~ crazyeye$ /Users/crazyeye/Desktop/Olarila.command
Password:
Untrusted kexts are not allowed
realtekALC.kext has invalid signature; omitting.
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext has invalid signature; omitting.
GenericUSBXHCI.kext has invalid signature; omitting.
FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext has invalid signature; omitting.
FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext has invalid signature; omitting.
FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext has invalid signature; omitting.
FakeSMC.kext has invalid signature; omitting.
AppleBCM5701Ethernet.kext has invalid signature; omitting.
IONetworkingFamily.kext has invalid signature; omitting.
AppleMobileDevice.kext has invalid signature; omitting.
AppleHDA.kext has invalid signature; omitting.
KernelCache ID: 6F6FC2498F695D895538CCA4BF86F634
CrazyEyes-iMac:~ crazyeye$

I'm going to reboot now, I thought I'd add what Terminal said in case I gotta do a carbon copy restore lol, I'll update the post with new ioreg asap.

remove these kets in System/Library/Extensions

realtekALC

NullCPUPowerManagement

FakeSMC_LPCSensors

FakeSMC_GPUSensors

FakeSMC_CPUSensors

FakeSMC

Use my folder, kexts i Clover/Kexts/Other

remove these kets in System/Library/Extensions

realtekALC

NullCPUPowerManagement

FakeSMC_LPCSensors

FakeSMC_GPUSensors

FakeSMC_CPUSensors

FakeSMC

Use my folder, kexts i Clover/Kexts/Other

Alright, I copied the kexts over and the ones you told me to remove were already gone (weird?)

I rebooted and the same result happened where the computer hangs during boot then doesn't display through either monitor. I booted into the USB installer bootloader and managed to boot into Mac where I could make a copy of the Ioreg for you to see. I didn't install the graphic driver and is "as is" from the kexts you told me to install.

https://files.fm/down.php?i=ua55sffr

EDIT: I am retrying to install using a kext editor then running the .command again. I think I made a human error. I'll keep this updated. Thanks for helping me bro

UPDATE: Yeah, I made a major mistake when installing the kext and reinstalled them and ran the .command file, rebooted and it went into the OS no problems. Should I uninstall and reinstall a program and see if it gives me trouble?

here is the requested file for your evaluation.

https://files.fm/down.php?i=ak92h6xs

Install web driver nvidia

In Clover/Kexts/Other dont need install, just put kexts in folder ;)

I copied them the first time and ran the tool for it to say improperly installed kexts so I used kext utility  and it worked lol

installing web driver right now, thanks bro, I hope this works for now on.

Update: Still isn't booting properly. Could there be any other underlying problems?