[Guide] El Capitan, Sierra / High Sierra / Mojave / Catalina on Intel 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Chipset Series / Nehalem, SandyBridge, IvyBridge, Haswell, Broadwell

MaLd0n
2,509 posts in this topic

This is about my 8th Hackintosh build. I have never made a DSDT for any of them. The HD5770 gfx card is old, but has always worked OOTB on all of them. Soon I plan to upgrade the gfx card so I can utilize Apple's Metal. All of the files you need should be in my upload. Thanks a million for all that you and the others have done for the Hackintosh community!!

files for MaLdOn DSDT.zip

• Like 1

This is about my 8th Hackintosh build. I have never made a DSDT for any of them. The HD5770 gfx card is old, but has always worked OOTB on all of them. Soon I plan to upgrade the gfx card so I can utilize Apple's Metal. All of the files you need should be in my upload. Thanks a million for all that you and the others have done for the Hackintosh community!!

CLOVER.zip

U dont have native PM

Check

Captura de Tela 2017-12-22 às 23.57.00.png

send me new ioreg after reboot

IORegistryExplorer.app.zip

• Like 1

Here you go!  I had used the 10.12 aicpm patch command to patch the pm. The patched kext is still in my S/E folder...

now is loadind, check, i apply via DSDT plugin type

Captura de Tela 2017-12-23 às 03.35.04.png

stay only in 1.2ghz?

• Like 1

It uses aicpupm, it does not use xcpm

Yes, I followed the Insanely mac tutorial. All the p-states worked in the ssdt I made with ssdtPRGen that I uploaded earlier. What you did corrected the power/watts usage and also the temperatures. But I lost all speedstep and turbo with your corrections.

Should I maybe try making a new ssdt with ssdtPRGen?

• Like 1

It uses aicpupm, it does not use xcpm

Yes, I followed the Insanely mac tutorial. All the p-states worked in the ssdt I made with ssdtPRGen that I uploaded earlier. What you did corrected the power/watts usage and also the temperatures. But I lost all speedstep and turbo with your corrections.

plugin type removed

DSDT.aml.zip

in ur old config, PM dont work, check ioreg screenshot above, U can try Generate P and C states in config.plist

• Like 1

Do you still do DSDT's? Could you help me out with mine? :)

Hardware in signature

ily’s iMac.zip

CLOVER.zip

Send me ily’s iMac.zip

EDIT: Fixed attachments and thought I should mention the following problems.

HDMI Sound still not working, weird for RX470 which should have native support. Also tried using HDMIAudio.kext. But this doesn't bother me as much as the following issue.

Only 2 of my USB ports work. My 2 front ones. Kind of a newbie to Hackintoshes. I'm using USBInjectAll and X200 kexts but still no luck. Thinking that a DSDT will fix it but making DSDT's is far beyond my level of expertise. ;) All help is appreciated.

• Like 2

Do you still do DSDT's? Could you help me out with mine? :)

Hardware in signature

attachicon.gifily’s iMac.zip

attachicon.gifCLOVER.zip

attachicon.gifSend me ily’s iMac.zip

EDIT: Fixed attachments and thought I should mention the following problems.

HDMI Sound still not working, weird for RX470 which should have native support. Also tried using HDMIAudio.kext. But this doesn't bother me as much as the following issue.

Only 2 of my USB ports work. My 2 front ones. Kind of a newbie to Hackintoshes. I'm using USBInjectAll and X200 kexts but still no luck. Thinking that a DSDT will fix it but making DSDT's is far beyond my level of expertise. ;) All help is appreciated.

U have a usb non intel, u need try a genericusb or other solution

CLOVER.zip

hdmi i thin whatever green enable for u

Check folder, use kexts only in Clover/kexts/other

• Like 2

U have a usb non intel, u need try a genericusb or other solution

attachicon.gifCLOVER.zip

hdmi i thin whatever green enable for u

Check folder, use kexts only in Clover/kexts/other

Well, thanks to you, the USB issue is half-fixed. The ASMedia 3.1 USB ports work. The Intel Z77 ones still don't tho. Any ideas?

EDIT: The ones that don't work are 2x 2.0, 2x 3.1 and 2x USB-C

• Like 2

Well, thanks to you, the USB issue is half-fixed. The ASMedia 3.1 USB ports work. The Intel Z77 ones still don't tho. Any ideas?

EDIT: The ones that don't work are 2x 2.0, 2x 3.1 and 2x USB-C

u can mod things in bios?

• Like 1

I misspoke when I said the p-states were originally working, sorry.  i meant the c-states were working. Generating the c and p states in config doesn't work either. The problem seems to be getting both the c and p states working at the same time with the X86PlatformPlugin loaded. This Xeon E5-2670 v1 cpu is a Sandybridge-E, and some say it has more in common with Ivybridge-E.  I have tried the other online guides for the x79/E5-2670 combination, no luck.  I tried Macmini and iMac system definitions in config too, they don't work either. I tried them because there is no MacPro6,1.plist in ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/Resources - the plists listed there only go up to iMac12,2 ,  Macmini5,3, and MacPro5,1. Those are all Sandybridge models, it looks like that is where the Macs changed to Ivybridge models? There are only a few board numbers in X86PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/Resources that match up with the ACPI_SMC plists, and they don't work. I have posted a screenshot of my boot screen that shows the X86 P-states errors. So I am so confused as to whether this cpu uses X86 or AICPUPM! I might do a fresh install of Sierra on a spare HDD, and start from scratch !!!

post-559655-0-34058500-1514065530_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I misspoke when I said the p-states were originally working, sorry.  i meant the c-states were working. Generating the c and p states in config doesn't work either. The problem seems to be getting both the c and p states working at the same time with the X86PlatformPlugin loaded. This Xeon E5-2670 v1 cpu is a Sandybridge-E, and some say it has more in common with Ivybridge-E.  I have tried the other online guides for the x79/E5-2670 combination, no luck.  I tried Macmini and iMac system definitions in config too, they don't work either. I tried them because there is no MacPro6,1.plist in ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/Resources - the plists listed there only go up to iMac12,2 ,  Macmini5,3, and MacPro5,1. Those are all Sandybridge models, it looks like that is where the Macs changed to Ivybridge models? There are only a few board numbers in X86PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/Resources that match up with the ACPI_SMC plists, and they don't work. I have posted a screenshot of my boot screen that shows the X86 P-states errors. So I am so confused as to whether this cpu uses X86 or AICPUPM! I might do a fresh install of Sierra on a spare HDD, and start from scratch !!!

generate ssdt with pike script and check

ssdtPRGen.command.zip

Yes but I think I've already flashed a custom bios for my MOBO. Forgot which tho... I can flash another firmware if you tell me which one...

use last oficial bios version and extract original DSDT with F4 key in Clover boot screen, files generated in Clover/Acpi/Origin

• Like 1

I will try it right now. The original files I uploaded to you yesterday , I got from Clover boot F4 method, and I got the ssdt with Piker/Alpha's  ssdtPRGen script. So I already did that and those were the files you used for the dsdt. This E5-2670 cpu requires the 10.12.6 AICPUPM patch, that i also did yesterday. Here is a link that says to use that patch, because the clover aicpupm patch and the clover msr patch supposedly don't work on the fly. And not to use both the patch and clover at the same time. I am going to try your clover files now!!! https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/issues/275

u can try patch?

i have one sandybridge and work very good with ssdt Pike, AICPUPM, but i need drop 2 tables, Check ur folder here

CLOVER.zip

This is it.

attachicon.gifCLOVER.zip

remove my old DSDT, reboot and extract new ioreg

• Like 2