[Guide] El Capitan, Sierra / High Sierra / Mojave / Catalina on Intel 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Chipset Series / Nehalem, SandyBridge, IvyBridge, Haswell, Broadwell

MaLd0n
2,509 posts in this topic

Everything seems to work, but I have this ACPI error during the boot, is it a DSDT problem?

is a CLover log with all tables

the only error i think is a cpupm ssdt

try drop

MaLd0n 2018-02-16 às 12.35.47.jpg

• Like 2

check in forum search, i think have a solution

Hmm maybe I have unsupported device.. :(well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

can you change script in my dsdt, internal microphone is working :w00t: BUT:

-id 28 = internal speaker work, mic work, headphone not work (no autodetect when I plug it)

-id 29 = internal speaker work, mic not work, headphone work

like to mix the script (mic) from id 28 to 29 or (headphone) 29 to 28.. is it possible? >_<

• Like 1

Hmm maybe I have unsupported device.. :(well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

can you change script in my dsdt, internal microphone is working :w00t: BUT:

-id 28 = internal speaker work, mic work, headphone not work (no autodetect when I plug it)

-id 29 = internal speaker work, mic not work, headphone work

like to mix the script (mic) from id 28 to 29 or (headphone) 29 to 28.. is it possible? >_

u have a good adventure in ur front xD

• Like 2

it might be useful to try to load older versions of AppleACPIPlatform.kext?

i think u need rollback kext acpiplatform, i see it in one HP tutorial, only work with correct version, check it

i'll check too if have patch for it

k

let me know

Hi. 

Have played too much with my bios so got it corrupted...

I had to unsolder the 25Q64, flash it and solder it back.

My mobo is saved, and now I know how to add a backup bios for MSI boards, will test as soon as I get spare flash chips.

I have noticed that in PM logs I get messages about slow drivers:

Sleep                 Entering Sleep state due to 'Software Sleep pid=87': Using AC (Charge:0%) 21 secs   

PM Client Acks        Delays to Sleep notifications: [mDNSResponder is slow(1339 ms)] [com.apple.apsd is slow(1807 ms)]           

Kernel Client Acks    Delays to Sleep notifications: [touristd timed out(30000 ms)] [AppleHDADriver driver is slow(msg: SetState to 0)(1313 ms)] [iONVMeController driver is slow(msg: SetState to 0)(585 ms)] [AppleSMC driver is slow(msg: SetState to 1)(-14046432 ms)] [AppleLMUController driver is slow(msg: WillChangeState to 1)(1716 ms)] [AppleIntelPchSeriesAHCI driver is slow(msg: SetState to 2)(-14046432 ms)] 

Delays to Wake notifications:

[PR21 driver is slow(msg: SetState to 3)(1749 ms)]

[en0 driver is slow(msg: DidChangeState to 1)(-14046423 ms)]

[AppleHDAController driver is slow(msg: SetState to 2)(-14046422 ms)]

[iOUSBHostDevice driver is slow(msg: SetState to 1)(1717 ms)]

[AppleHDAHDMI_DPDriver driver is slow(msg: SetState to 1)(403 ms)]

[ATY_Vervet driver is slow(msg: SetState to 2)(2258 ms)]

[sPT0 driver is slow(msg: SetState to 2)(1874 ms)]

[AppleHDADriver driver is slow(msg: SetState to 1)(5211 ms)

Any idea ?

• Like 1

Hi. 

Have played too much with my bios so got it corrupted...

I had to unsolder the 25Q64, flash it and solder it back.

My mobo is saved, and now I know how to add a backup bios for MSI boards, will test as soon as I get spare flash chips.

I have noticed that in PM logs I get messages about slow drivers:

Sleep                 Entering Sleep state due to 'Software Sleep pid=87': Using AC (Charge:0%) 21 secs   

PM Client Acks        Delays to Sleep notifications: [mDNSResponder is slow(1339 ms)] [com.apple.apsd is slow(1807 ms)]           

Kernel Client Acks    Delays to Sleep notifications: [touristd timed out(30000 ms)] [AppleHDADriver driver is slow(msg: SetState to 0)(1313 ms)] [iONVMeController driver is slow(msg: SetState to 0)(585 ms)] [AppleSMC driver is slow(msg: SetState to 1)(-14046432 ms)] [AppleLMUController driver is slow(msg: WillChangeState to 1)(1716 ms)] [AppleIntelPchSeriesAHCI driver is slow(msg: SetState to 2)(-14046432 ms)] 

Delays to Wake notifications:

[PR21 driver is slow(msg: SetState to 3)(1749 ms)]

[en0 driver is slow(msg: DidChangeState to 1)(-14046423 ms)]

[AppleHDAController driver is slow(msg: SetState to 2)(-14046422 ms)]

[AppleHDAHDMI_DPDriver driver is slow(msg: SetState to 1)(403 ms)]

[ATY_Vervet driver is slow(msg: SetState to 2)(2258 ms)]

[sPT0 driver is slow(msg: SetState to 2)(1874 ms)]

[AppleHDADriver driver is slow(msg: SetState to 1)(5211 ms)

Any idea ?

no idea

with DSDT u don't need a bios mod, Clover override table, ;)

• Like 1

no idea

with DSDT u don't need a bios mod, Clover override table, ;)

I modded my bios to add NVMe and PM support (MSR 0xE2 unlock), and a few upgrades.

Even with PCIe 2.0 x4 bus it is three times faster than SATA SSD.

I continue my investigations’ but maybe it is also TSC problem.

Thanks.

• Like 1

I modded my bios to add NVMe and PM support (MSR 0xE2 unlock), and a few upgrades.

Even with PCIe 2.0 x4 bus it is three times faster than SATA SSD.

I continue my investigations’ but maybe it is also TSC problem.

Thanks.

oh yes, some things only bios mod solve

k

• Like 1

Hi.

Just tried to boot with "cpus=1" parameter, sleeps and wake, no freeze...

I'm gonna check for TSC sync problems, seems to be usual on MSI boards.  

ye, some user report it with MSI

• Like 1

Hey MaLd0n,

seems like I could use your helping hand!

So basically my hack runs fine with my new 10.13.3 installation, but there is one thing that does not work, and I have tried so many things already, I am getting really desperate ...

The problem is that my machine goes into sleep (aparently) without problems, but is unable to wake. When trying to wake the system is locked up so badly that even the reset button does not work anymore! The only way out is to force a shutdown by pressing the power button for some seconds. Furthermore - and I have never seen this before - the LED display on my mobo (the one usually showing POST state) is groing "crazy", i.e. looping through all codes endlessly. Plus, the HDD LED on my case starts blinking, but not like with usual I/O taking place, more like a regular blinking if you know what I mean.

I also find nothing in my logs indicating that the OS is even aware of the system waking up, so it looks like the problem is "deep down" - maybe something with my SSDTs?

However, with the same config sleep / wake just worked fine in El Capitan. Only display sleep seems to work as well.

I have no idea what the problem is, so I would greatly appreciate if you could take a look at my config. I have attached my whole Clover folder, and a fresh ioReg as well (had to pack with 7z to bring filesize under the limit)

Note that my setup is a bit unusual since I only use SSDTs and no patched DSDT at all (based on Shilohhs great guide at the site I cannot mention ;))

Thanks a lot!

Frankiee

CLOVER.zip

silverstar.ioreg.7z

• Like 1

Hey MaLd0n,

seems like I could use your helping hand!

So basically my hack runs fine with my new 10.13.3 installation, but there is one thing that does not work, and I have tried so many things already, I am getting really desperate ...

The problem is that my machine goes into sleep (aparently) without problems, but is unable to wake. When trying to wake the system is locked up so badly that even the reset button does not work anymore! The only way out is to force a shutdown by pressing the power button for some seconds. Furthermore - and I have never seen this before - the LED display on my mobo (the one usually showing POST state) is groing "crazy", i.e. looping through all codes endlessly. Plus, the HDD LED on my case starts blinking, but not like with usual I/O taking place, more like a regular blinking if you know what I mean.

I also find nothing in my logs indicating that the OS is even aware of the system waking up, so it looks like the problem is "deep down" - maybe something with my SSDTs?

However, with the same config sleep / wake just worked fine in El Capitan. Only display sleep seems to work as well.

I have no idea what the problem is, so I would greatly appreciate if you could take a look at my config. I have attached my whole Clover folder, and a fresh ioReg as well (had to pack with 7z to bring filesize under the limit)

Note that my setup is a bit unusual since I only use SSDTs and no patched DSDT at all (based on Shilohhs great guide at the site I cannot mention ;))

Thanks a lot!

Frankiee

check, we need change some things, stay with usb stick for tests

CLOVER.zip

Ur processor work with AICPUPM or X86 Platform? U use X86Platform

Generate new ssdt, use it

ssdtPRGen.command.zip

Send me new ioreg with new clover folder, test USB , etc

let me know

• Like 2

Thanks a lot for your files. So I did a test, and unfortunately then, there is no onboard USB at all, i.e. all USB2 ports - basically the ones running via the X79 chipset - are completely dead. The USB3 ports provided by my FL1100 based PCI card (I also disabled the onboard ASM1042 controller) still work, so I could at least login and make a fresh ioReg based on your config. The wake problem unfortunately also persists, showing exactly the same symptoms as with my config. What I also noticed that in iStat Menus I have (almost) no sensor readings anymore now, but I guess this is simply due to missing FakeSMC sensor plugins and maybe not really relevant for my wake problem.

I attached the new ioReg and the updated clover folder as well (which is basically what you posted, plus a fresh CPU-PM SSDT)

Yes, I am using X86 Platform, thats what I always did. Think this should be the right way with my 4930K, correct?

silverstar_malD0n.ioreg.7z

CLOVER.7z

• Like 1