[Guide] El Capitan, Sierra / High Sierra / Mojave / Catalina on Intel 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Chipset Series / Nehalem, SandyBridge, IvyBridge, Haswell, Broadwell

MaLd0n
2,509 posts in this topic

Thanks!  

I'll install and test later tonight, and get back to you tomorrow  :yes:

~Asteroids~

take a test for me, test all usb ports with one usb3 device, usb stick or external hdd

let me know

• Like 2

Okay, installed the Clover folder that you sent back:

Boots fine, shutdown is fine, appears to Sleep (with fans stopping), but Kernel Panic on wake with power button (attempting to use USB-keyboard to wake does nothing).  Attached the panic log.

take a test for me, test all usb ports with one usb3 device, usb stick or external hdd

let me know

All ports work with a USB 2 Flash Drive, but do not work with a USB 3 Flash Drive.  All ports (back panel or internally-connected USB2) give error message "USB Accessory Needs Power..." when trying to use a USB 3 Flash Drive.

Thoughts?

Kernel_panic_report_from_Logs---DiagnosticReports.zip

• Like 1

Hello sir,

Sorry i didn't reply to you earlier, but when you said that my problem was my HD5770 i was confused cause on my old rig i have the same GFX card.

However, i managed to get it up and running, i'm on El Captain though as my music applications work best under this OS.

Current setup is:

Asus Sabertooth p67, i7 2600K, 16GB ram, HD5770 1GB, Crucial 275GB ssd with El Captain, and an extra Seagate HDD for data.

I managed to instal using a bunch of guides on here (not this one) but all with your contribution, not surprised  :yes:, i snatched a dsdt you made to a random post on here about sleep, and it worked after i changed a bunch of things, sleep works fine, although it drops network and i have to go to system preferences, usb3 is not working though.

here is the files you requested, keep in mind i'm on El Captain.

Thanks

Send me Gasers-iMac.zip

• Like 1

Hi MaLd0n.

I'm trying to get sleep working on my MSI ZH77A-G43, without success.

It sleeps but at wake up I lose WiFi and it is very slow then freezes.

Would you be kind to give it a look and give me some advice ?

CLOVER.zip

Hi mald0n, good news! sound is working now  :thumbsup_anim: AudioID is 29!! finally after hours testing every#, Big Thanks ^_^

but internal mic still not working, it can be fixed??

attachicon.gifss.jpeg

green : work

red : no (no idea with digital out)

check topic AppleAlc

Bom Dias MaLdOn,

Tudo funciona perfeitamente

Obrigado

Welcome!

Hi, what do you actually mean ?  is there any guide around for downgrading drivers ?

try script

Okay, installed the Clover folder that you sent back:

Boots fine, shutdown is fine, appears to Sleep (with fans stopping), but Kernel Panic on wake with power button (attempting to use USB-keyboard to wake does nothing).  Attached the panic log.

All ports work with a USB 2 Flash Drive, but do not work with a USB 3 Flash Drive.  All ports (back panel or internally-connected USB2) give error message "USB Accessory Needs Power..." when trying to use a USB 3 Flash Drive.

Thoughts?

attachicon.gifKernel_panic_report_from_Logs---DiagnosticReports.zip

here we go

CLOVER.zip

send me one ioreg after reboot, check if USB work now

Hello sir,

Sorry i didn't reply to you earlier, but when you said that my problem was my HD5770 i was confused cause on my old rig i have the same GFX card.

However, i managed to get it up and running, i'm on El Captain though as my music applications work best under this OS.

Current setup is:

Asus Sabertooth p67, i7 2600K, 16GB ram, HD5770 1GB, Crucial 275GB ssd with El Captain, and an extra Seagate HDD for data.

I managed to instal using a bunch of guides on here (not this one) but all with your contribution, not surprised  :yes:, i snatched a dsdt you made to a random post on here about sleep, and it worked after i changed a bunch of things, sleep works fine, although it drops network and i have to go to system preferences, usb3 is not working though.

here is the files you requested, keep in mind i'm on El Captain.

Thanks

CLOVER.zip

• Like 4

the files you just sent resulted in a very slow boot with a black screen at the end, my files were ok.

I'll try to change SMBIOS back to 13.1

Edit 1: SMBIOS 13,1 also is slow and results in black screen after boot.

• Like 1

here we go

attachicon.gifCLOVER.zip

send me one ioreg after reboot, check if USB work now

Hi MaLd0n,

After installing the updated Clover folder, the USB ports are much better. The USB2 and the USB3 ports now work (the only one I can't test is the USB3 jack on the Motherboard).  The USB3 ones also are running at USB3 speeds.

Sleep still panics when I try to 'wake up' the machine.  USB Keyboard will not wake it at all, so I have to use the power button.  I don't know what to do to get Sleep working.

Definite progress... Thanks!   :yes:

Attached is the IOReg you requested.

oscar’s iMac_Z97_PCMate_after_2nd_CLOVER.zip

• Like 1

the files you just sent resulted in a very slow boot with a black screen at the end, my files were ok.

I'll try to change SMBIOS back to 13.1

Edit 1: SMBIOS 13,1 also is slow and results in black screen after boot.

Use fresh install, check first post, it's not normal

Hi MaLd0n,

After installing the updated Clover folder, the USB ports are much better. The USB2 and the USB3 ports now work (the only one I can't test is the USB3 jack on the Motherboard).  The USB3 ones also are running at USB3 speeds.

Sleep still panics when I try to 'wake up' the machine.  USB Keyboard will not wake it at all, so I have to use the power button.  I don't know what to do to get Sleep working.

Definite progress... Thanks!   :yes:

Attached is the IOReg you requested.

attachicon.gifoscar’s iMac_Z97_PCMate_after_2nd_CLOVER.zip

ioreg is good

the k.p is very strange, is nothing about kexts, looks Power Management problem

try generate SSDT for PM and check if solve

SSDT_Automator.zip

about wake from mouse we check it

• Like 1

Unfortunately my "hackenstein" has still same behavior.

Still slow at sleep and wake up, then it is unusable.

Wifi cannot reconnect.

Logs are unusable (at least for me, was used to syslog).

Any idea ?

try a KernelXCPM

• Like 1

@MaLd0n

I did some progress regarding DSDT patching and I patched the DSDT myself so now sleep it's working with both graphics cards (GTX 750 Ti and Intel HD Graphics). The thing is that with your DSDT I had the powernap option in the Energy saver now with my patched DSDT I don't have it. Do you have a patch for that ?

Thanks !

I have attached the patched DSDT by me below so you can take a look 

DSDT.zip

• Like 1

@MaLd0n

I did some progress regarding DSDT patching and I patched the DSDT myself so now sleep it's working with both graphics cards (GTX 750 Ti and Intel HD Graphics). The thing is that with your DSDT I had the powernap option in the Energy saver now with my patched DSDT I don't have it. Do you have a patch for that ?

Thanks !

I have attached the patched DSDT by me below so you can take a look 

attachicon.gifDSDT.zip

sleep work with both, but u dont have a correct usb, etc

The challenge is, put all for work correct and all staty work

• Like 1

I tried, it goes to sleep but immediately after it turns on again

Firewire appears correct now  :yes:

try

DSDT.sleep.zip

couldnt find how to fix microphone there :( also now I got error booting and stuck in here

IMG_0868.jpg

the problem is inject kexts, try use all kexts in Library/Extensions

Hi, I'm on GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3, i5-2500K HD3000 OSX 10.11.6 El Capitan UEFI Clover v.4289 with modified DSDT / SSDT files.

Could you check my files and tell me if they are optimized for my configuration.

I would like to know if I can install Sierra or High Sierra on my configuration. thank you in advance

DSDT.aml.zip

• Like 2