How to download old safari?

3 posts in this topic

• 4 weeks later...

I want to download old version of safari (specifically safari that is shipped with mac os 10.11.3 and 10.11.4).

You can use an application Called "Pacifist" to extract it from the original El Capitan installer.

Find your "Install OS X Installer.app" if you don't find it inside "Applications" folder you can download it from "App Store"

https://itunes.apple.com/app/os-x-el-capitan/id1147835434?mt=12

Right click and select "Show Package Contents", open "Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg" image file, Mount the image and open the "Packages" Folder and then open the "Essentials'pkg" with pacifist. Under "Applications" folder you can find "Safari.app" right click on it and select "Extract to Custom Location" select desktop and extract the application. After extraction is done close any other versions of safari if it's running then open the one on the desktop. if it's working ok you can replace the on you have inside "Applications" folder.

Cheers!

It's in BaseSystem.dmg, open it, its in the Applications Folder

There are two safari.app one inside BaseSystem.dmg and another one is inside the path I posted earlier, since BaseSystem.dmg is hidden mounting it needs running the Show/Hide folders app or script which might complicate things for some users so I gave the other path which doesn't need any extra apps to be launched.

They both work and they are the same.