Confused about How to Start

crwright

2 posts in this topic

Ok, so I've been doing quite a bit of reading with regards to how to set up a "hackintosh," I've found a patched kernel for Sierra that will work with my hardware setup, and I've gotten BDU and run it on my flash drive to put Clover on the usb stick.

But here's where my confusion comes from:

Most of the guides talk about running a script in terminal.  I'm under the understanding that this is something that is done within OS X, and not something that is done in a Windows environment because it is (I assume) creating a bootable installer from the .app file.  I have a .dmg of Sierra (10.12.4).  Is this what I would use instead of using the .app file?

Second point of confusion is with regards to the patched Kernel itself.   I downloaded the Patched Kernel from this site, but it only gives me a kernel file.  Where do I put the file, or what do I do with it, to get Sierra patched to work with my hardware?

I've read several guides for completing this process, but I'm at a total loss right now and have no idea where to go to get the ball rolling on setting things up.

Not sure if it is entirely relevant to what I'm asking, but just for the sake of covering all of my bases in case it is needed, my current hardware setup is:

CPU:  AMD FX-6300 (Piledriver, 6-core 3.5 GHz processor)

GPU:  XFX Radeon R7 260X 2GB

Motherboard:  Asus M5A97 LE R2.0

RAM:  Crucial DDR3-1600 12GB

Thanks in advance for any assistance you might be able to provide!