Dual Monitors and Pascal

burkett375

22 posts in this topic

Any workarounds for multi - monitor setups?  I have an EVGA 1080 FTW and one monitor connected to DVI and one to DP.  If I boot with just the DP monitor connected, it works fine...I just have to connect the DVI one and get multi monitors working.  Otherwise, if I boot with both connected, it's blank screens for both and have to hard reset.

Got the web drivers installed? I hear Pascal support is only in the latest version. As it is still new there are bugs to sort out (perhaps dual monitor bugs?) and you may have to wait for a new patch for full support.

If not, your drivers and OS are not detecting your video ports properly, or there is a conflict. If you were a Radeon user you could patch the framebuffer but since you have nVidia I would just wait for proper support if the current Web Drivers do not work.

Today No secondary monitor works only display port :(

Strange think

I took the card and i puted in other hackintosh. Same hardware, very similar configuration (or the same)

And it works at first time!

Very strange.

1050TI with WebDriver-378.05.05.05f012, for now 2 HDMI and 1DVI-D (/SUB adapter). Chances to get all output working:

• 1 HDMI 100% OK
  • 1 DVI 100% OK
  • 1 HDMI + DVI 80% OK, no HDMI 20% (DVI 100% OK)
  • 2 HDMI 50%, blackscreen or 1HDMI 50%
  • 2 HDMI + DVI below 50%, black screen or 1HDMI 50% (DVI 100% OK)

I tried different cable combinations, same result. Reset or total power cut result in the same, I can't see any remarkable change (at least from my view) between the scenarios. Maybe karma:) ॐ

Let see what happens if a new web driver is released, for now I'm happy with this pascal support as it is:)

Hm, have you all tried enabling Nvidia Injection and defining ports in Clover? This fixes these issues for me on a GTX 1080 with 3 monitors (DP, DVI, HDMI).

I have not...can you give specifics?  My config.plist is in my other post...Thanks!

I have not...can you give specifics?  My config.plist is in my other post...Thanks!

Nevermind, I just looked it up and it did not work.

Nevermind, I just looked it up and it did not work.

I had to include the VideoPorts number in order for it to function correctly, as such:

<key>Graphics</key>
	<dict>
		<key>BootDisplay</key>
		<integer>2</integer>
		<key>Inject</key>
		<dict>
			<key>ATI</key>
			<false/>
			<key>Intel</key>
			<false/>
			<key>NVidia</key>
			<true/>
		</dict>
		<key>VRAM</key>
		<integer>8192</integer>
		<key>VideoPorts</key>
		<integer>5</integer>
	</dict>
  • Like 1

I had to include the VideoPorts number in order for it to function correctly, as such:

<key>Graphics</key>
	<dict>
		<key>BootDisplay</key>
		<integer>2</integer>
		<key>Inject</key>
		<dict>
			<key>ATI</key>
			<false/>
			<key>Intel</key>
			<false/>
			<key>NVidia</key>
			<true/>
		</dict>
		<key>VRAM</key>
		<integer>8192</integer>
		<key>VideoPorts</key>
		<integer>5</integer>
	</dict>

Hmmm.....I tried exactly what you had and no dice...

I'm having similar issues with multiple monitor setup, and with black screen after wake, so I'll follow this thread closely.

One curious thing, I had my HDMI 2.0 port working with Samsung TV 4K (KS7500) with no HDMI-DP adapter (Club3d CAC-1070), anyone can confirm HDMI 2.0 working in your rigs?

I believe I am having the same issue on an Asus X99 deluxe with EVGA 1080ti Founders Edition. Not using SSDT or DSDT, but have used RampageDev's nvidia SSDT with the same result. Sometimes I won't see POST or OSX loading screen until desktop, and at other times I won't see anything at all. A combination of resets and trying different DP outputs on the card and plugging in/unplugging my second HDMI display get me back... somewhat confusing at this point.

I believe I am having the same issue on an Asus X99 deluxe with EVGA 1080ti Founders Edition. Not using SSDT or DSDT, but have used RampageDev's nvidia SSDT with the same result. Sometimes I won't see POST or OSX loading screen until desktop, and at other times I won't see anything at all. A combination of resets and trying different DP outputs on the card and plugging in/unplugging my second HDMI display get me back... somewhat confusing at this point.

Strange, I've never lost POST screen, neither DP signal with only one monitor...until sleep/wake. After that, I have a lot of chances of video signal lost. It seems a wide behaviour...

One more question, if you let me, does sleep/wake work in your X99 system? 

Thanks.

hi guys. strange problem here. I had this issue even with my old build, z170 + 6700k + 980 ti (with Sierra Mac OS)

now I am on z270, 7700k, gtx 1080 and obviously Sierra.

I have a 4k monitor connected to display port and a epson projector connected to hdmi port. as soon as I turn on the projector, I have a black screen in both "monitors" and I have to reset my hack.

the only way to have both monitor and projector working is this:

-first turn on projector

-then turn on hackintosh

when I have black screen I tried to unplug and re plug display port and hdmi cable, but this is not working.

in other threads I remember that a possible fix was to enable csm in bios. I tried it but it didn't help.

is someone here who can help me?

thank you

I'm using iMac 17,1 smbios with lilu + Nvidiagraphicsfixup.

same situation using iMac 14,2

fixed

solution, in my case, found.

i have to turn on my projector with cable pulled off from my hack. when the projector is on, I can plug it into my hdmi port and everything is working.

if I turn on projector with cable connected, I have black screen to both my monitor and my projector.

hope it helps.

Strange, I've never lost POST screen, neither DP signal with only one monitor...until sleep/wake. After that, I have a lot of chances of video signal lost. It seems a wide behaviour...

One more question, if you let me, does sleep/wake work in your X99 system? 

Thanks.

Don't use sleep on my system so I'm not sure.

hi guys. strange problem here. I had this issue even with my old build, z170 + 6700k + 980 ti (with Sierra Mac OS)

now I am on z270, 7700k, gtx 1080 and obviously Sierra.

I have a 4k monitor connected to display port and a epson projector connected to hdmi port. as soon as I turn on the projector, I have a black screen in both "monitors" and I have to reset my hack.

the only way to have both monitor and projector working is this:

-first turn on projector

-then turn on hackintosh

when I have black screen I tried to unplug and re plug display port and hdmi cable, but this is not working.

in other threads I remember that a possible fix was to enable csm in bios. I tried it but it didn't help.

is someone here who can help me?

thank you

I'm using iMac 17,1 smbios with lilu + Nvidiagraphicsfixup.

same situation using iMac 14,2

fixed

i have to turn on my projector with cable pulled off from my hack. when the projector is on, I can plug it into my hdmi port and everything is working.

if I turn on projector with cable connected, I have black screen to both my monitor and my projector.

hope it helps.

I'll give this a shot but I have a feeling this will be it. I lose signal to both displays when I plug in the second display (TV), and sometimes I don't, so I bet this is the deciding factor.

Certainly an odd issue.

Don't use sleep on my system so I'm not sure.

I'll give this a shot but I have a feeling this will be it. I lose signal to both displays when I plug in the second display (TV), and sometimes I don't, so I bet this is the deciding factor.

Certainly an odd issue.

As I noticed, there is no need to reset/power off the whole machine. It has nothing to do with the sleep as power saving functionality itself. It is sufficient to unplug/plug the displays and with some probability they may work or not. I would say there is something with the response time of the displays on the receiving signal event. If the signal is caught in the right moment and thus the response is arrived to the driver and processed in the right time then all good. Otherwise... well next try.

This is the first time I encounter HDMI/DVI handshake issues between NVIDIA adapters and displays on mac, but at least it's a starting point for further investigations.

fixed

hope it helps.

In my case I played with all the combinations to find a stable working setup. I have all the displays powered up by the time macOS boots and I distributed the displays between two adapters. 1DVI and 2HDMI for 1050TI and 1DVI and 1 HDMI for 650TI. I also considered the handshake time for the displays (time is needed to see any processed signal on the display, ie picture:) ). I connected my fastest response time HDMI devices to the DVI ports via DVI-HDMI adapters and then I went from the fastest to the slowest distributing the rest from port 1 to 3. So far this works with 100% probability for me but this SHOULD not be the solution :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If anyone is still dealing with this issue as I am, my solution was to boot with just one monitor powered up. I'm running a GTX 1080 Turbo with three monitors, one DVI, one HDMI, and one DP. If I boot with JUST the DVI monitor powered up, I get a good boot every time. Hope this helps someone.