ASUS ROG GL702 High Sierra 10.13.1 Hackintosh Setup

onejay09

31 posts in this topic

Hi, I am having trouble while installing the system. Unfortunately, when I copy the content of the USB-EFI folder to the EFI partition clover won't show an option to boot the osx intaller.

Steps I tried:

• Creating an installer with this guide and copying the content of USB-EFI folder to EFI -> No installer option in Clover
  • Creating an installer with and Un1beast and copying the content of USB-EFI folder to EFI -> No installer option in Clover 
  • Creating an installer with Un1beast but not modifying default EFI -> Finally intaller option shows up in clover but hangs on the first screen with blurred text and a stop sign.

My downloaded OSX is 10.13.5. What am I doing wrong?

Edited by pppttl

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! First of all I would like to enourmously thank all the contributions made to the hackintosh community!

I'm quite a noob with hackintoshing and this is the first laptop (Asus Rog Strix GL702VS, i7 7700HQ, GTX 1070) I'm trying to hack rocking Sierra 10.12.6.

I have managed to install Sierra 10.12.6 in ssd disk (I couldnt get nvme disk recognized and Im still booting from usb dongle though) and got few things working.

There are many things I am still missing so probably I will first mention the most important ones:

- NVME M2 disk not recognized (ideally in installation process to install OS there). I have applied Pike's patches but they are somehow not working..

- GTX 1070: I have installed NVIDIA drivers.... set web drivers true in config.plist.. and set nvda_drv=1 but still not getting it to work (not even recognized)..

- Battery status.. I get battery recognized but it's always showing 0% ..

If someone can help me out with any of these ones it will mean a lot!

Thanks!!

UPDATE 1 29th August 2018: managed to make GTX 1070 work... apparently I didn't do anything new here.. but it seems that I get confused with the EFI and kexts folders.. the one in System.. the one in S/L/E.. the one in the booting pendrive (I still boot with usb dongle)

UPDATE 2 31th August 2018: so I really don't know how but I managed to get NVME disk recognized, battery status working (showing same % as BIOS and Windows). I also got cpu temperature sensors, etc working.

I'm still missing: FAN detection (this is the most important thing missing), proper trackpad control (I don't mind so much as I hate trackpads and normally use mouse), HDD boot (still booting from USB), and WiFi card to arrive from China in few weeks..

I will write a guide in a new post when I solve at least the FAN issue..

Edited by ToshTheHacker

Hi All,

Just wanted to see if anyone can help out. I have the GL702VS model of the Asus Rog srtix and I was able to get all the way to disk utilities but it is not detecting my internal hard drive (trying to install 10.13.4). This is my very first attempt at a hackintosh and think I totally missed something. Can anyone give me a guide on how to make this machine boot on high Sierra? 

I've followed guides on tonymac but it seems like I'm not understanding. Much appreciated for any help. 

Edited by Ballsdeepinmac

• 1 month later...
On 7/23/2018 at 3:45 AM, Ballsdeepinmac said:

Hi All,

Just wanted to see if anyone can help out. I have the GL702VS model of the Asus Rog srtix and I was able to get all the way to disk utilities but it is not detecting my internal hard drive (trying to install 10.13.4). This is my very first attempt at a hackintosh and think I totally missed something. Can anyone give me a guide on how to make this machine boot on high Sierra? 

I've followed guides on tonymac but it seems like I'm not understanding. Much appreciated for any help. 

Hi! I have the same model but I aiming to get everything nicely working on Sierra 10.12.6... However at some point I tried to install High Sierra and my SSD was neither recognized in the installer.. BUT my NVME M2 drive was..! I purchased this one extra, it did not come with the Asus. I started installing but at the point where it needed to restart I got some kernel panic that wouldn't let me finish te installation process..

• 3 months later...

thank you so much for the great help . . .
i managed to install it on the gl702vm i7 version .
everything looks great and working fine
i am way under novice to be honest

i want to ask about few things . . .

1- i managed to enable everything except the trackpad ( should i use the DSDT or there is a kext for it)
2- i downloaded your the .zip file and i used the USB-efi for the installation . in the EFI folder can i just copy/paste the driver64uefi and the kext folder and i am good to go ?
3- use the kextWizard to install the kexts after i am done or leave them in the EFI which is installed in the boot folder.
4- this app ssdtPRGen use it to generate my DSDT ?
5- how can i make the power manager the percentage of the battery .  its always on 0% even if the laptop is fully charged . .

i have the NVME M.2 960EVO 250GB . i made a partition for the mac.  can i make another partiton for the windows on the same drive or i need another drive for the windows ( i have the 1TB HDD but i want to keep it mostly for data)

the NVME is way faster than the HDD so i want to put the 2 OSes on it .

i read online that it can be done when i install the mac first then install the windows later 

• 3 months later...

onejay09

I discovered accidentally this topic.

I'm waiting for a ASUS Gaming ROG Strix SCAR II GL704GM-EV001T to be delivered in the next days.

My main concern was the GTX1060 that everybody told me was not going to work in any way.

But you seem to have it succesfully working, thats great!!

my setup is:

Core i7 8750H / 2.2 GHz (Chipset: Intel HM370)
16 GB RAM

256 GB Western Digital PC SN520 SDAPNUW-256G M.2 NVMe SSD + 1 TB Hybrid SATA 5400 rpm SSH 8G

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 - 6 GB GDDR5
Graphic coprocessor Intel HD Graphics 630

since I'm really super-noob at hackintosh things what should I modify from your own config?

second (but actually first) I'm not aware of what to tweak in the BIOS.