ssdtGen - custom generated SSDTs (x99/z170/z97/h97 systems)

mfc88

203 posts in this topic

I normally use IOReg 3 but used yours to save, here you go

Looks like my script may support AMD cards. But, you'll still need the AMD config.plist patches. Do me a favor. Remove the SSDT-480.aml and your DSDT.aml from your patched folder. Run the script with "build GFX1". Then try using the generated SSDT-GFX1.aml in your patched folder. 

Report back if it works or if it's unsupported.

Looks like my script may support AMD cards. But, you'll still need the AMD config.plist patches. Do me a favor. Remove the SSDT-480.aml and your DSDT.aml from your patched folder. Run the script with "build GFX1". Then try using the generated SSDT-GFX1.aml in your patched folder. 

Report back if it works or if it's unsupported.

Yeah looks like it works fine as long as I add the device-id like I do on the SSDT-480.aml

Yeah looks like it works fine as long as I add the device-id like I do on the SSDT-480.aml

So it absolutely needs device-id in order to work? If so, I can add it in the script.

So it absolutely needs device-id in order to work? If so, I can add it in the script.

The RX 480 does, it needs either a fakeid that matches from AMD9510Controller.kext, a device-id that matches from AMD9510Controller.kext or info.plist kext patch in Clover config. I use device-id 0xEF, 0x67, 0x00, 0x00 as you can from my SSDT-480

@mfc88

I would like to start from scratch using your script.

What is ideal situation to use it?

I have a working system using only a config.plist with few patches and some kext in clover/kext/10.12

In ACPI/patched folder I have a ssdt for cpu generated with Pike's script

I am asking because for me it is not so clear instructions given in OP

Thank you

Remove any custom DSDT.aml/SSDTs.amls from the patched folder (Pike's SSDT.aml can remain in patched). Then, you'll need add nv_disable=1 to your config.plist boot arguments and add "Inject Nvidia" to the "Graphics" tab of your config.plist. Lastly, uncheck "NvidiaWeb" from "System Parameters". Save your config.plist. Reboot, then, run the script (reset these settings back to where they were after you've successfully built a SSDT-GFX1.aml).

Building the SSDT-XHC.aml (USB power options) will only work if your XHCI device is renamed XHC. I recommend you follow one of these guides and not use the X99_Injector_USB 3.kext since it requires the USB port limit config.plist patch (folllowing the guides below will allow you to build a SSDT-UIAC.aml to reduce the injected USB ports to those are in use):

The RX 480 does, it needs either a fakeid that matches from AMD9510Controller.kext, a device-id that matches from AMD9510Controller.kext or info.plist kext patch in Clover config. I use device-id 0xEF, 0x67, 0x00, 0x00 as you can from my SSDT-480

So, in regards to the device-id you're using in the SSDT-480.aml, is it fake? Or is it the actual manufacturer's device-id from the graphics card?

• Like 1

No. Need to see debug_output.txt. While at script start screen, type "debug" and hit enter. Then type "build HECI". On your Desktop will be a debug_output.txt file. Zip it, then attach it here.

Not only will it show me what was executed, but it attaches an IOREG dump as well.

Here it is

debug_output.zip

So, in regards to the device-id you're using in the SSDT-480.aml, is it fake? Or is it the actual manufacturer's device-id from the graphics card?

its fake

Looks like HECI compiled correctly.

That's a bummer. Umm, do me a favor. Send me an IORegistryDump without any DSDT.aml nor SSDTs.amls loaded (pike's SSDT.aml can remain). 

I need to see if I can do a built in check to distinguish between a Nvidia card and an AMD. If I can, then I can inject the fake ID.

Thanks for your patience!

attached ssdt and debug output after executing these advice

USB related part it is more difficult for me to understand..

usb in my case seems to work well only with rehabman kext

Looks like you're still using a custom DSDT.aml and/or Clover DSDT patch as ALZA is already named HDEF and XHC is still XHCI.

Follow My Guide for using UsbInjectAll.kext with a Custom SSDT-UIAC.aml. I've made it pretty simple to follow along. If you need help or get stuck, send me a PM or we can talk over Skype.

No I have a rename in config.plist..Have I to remove it also?

I will try again

In your case, you'll use this config.plist patch in "ACPI"->DSDT->Patches:

Comment: Change XHCI to XHC
Find: 58484349
Replace: 5848435F
And in your "Kernel and Kexts Patches":

Name: AppleUSBXHCIPCI
Find: 83BD74FFFFFF10
Replace: 83BD74FFFFFF16
Comment: Change 15 Port Limit To 22 in XHCI 10.12 

In my actual config.plisst I have Rename ALZA to HDEF

f 414c5a41 

r 48444546 

should I remove it before running your script from scratch?

Yes. DSDT must be vanilla (not modified) with the exception of XHCI be renamed XHC.

attached ssdt and outpup debug create in above condition..

Everything appears to be fine. Just make sure you add this to your kexts:

Also, you'll need to decide on what to use for Audio:

Sorry it's SMBS with output errors...i paste debug

Looks like you're still using a custom a DSDT.aml/SSDT-XXXX.aml as SMBS is already named SBUS and has injected properties...

I have also re activate rename ALZA to HDEF? in dsdt config.plist

I have rebooted without and now I have only cdmi monitor device under audio settings..

1. No. SSDT is renaming it for you.

2. Need to use an audio kext.

I am using what you have advised me in option 1 some message ago.

in which ssdt is it renamed?

I can't see ssdt alza created by script

Send me Clover folder, plus any generated SSDTs from the script, plus an IORegistryDump.

According to your debug_output.txt, ALZA should have been created (but it's missing from your "Archive" folder):

+ chown fabio /Users/fabio/Desktop/SSDT-ALZA.dsl
+ printf 'Compiling: SSDT-ALZA.dsl\n'
Compiling: SSDT-ALZA.dsl
+ iasl -G /Users/fabio/Desktop/SSDT-ALZA.dsl

Intel ACPI Component Architecture
ASL+ Optimizing Compiler version 20161222-64(RM)
Copyright (c) 2000 - 2017 Intel Corporation

ASL Input:     /Users/fabio/Desktop/SSDT-ALZA.dsl - 27 lines, 888 bytes, 8 keywords
AML Output:    /Users/fabio/Desktop/SSDT-ALZA.aml - 314 bytes, 4 named objects, 4 executable opcodes

Compilation complete. 0 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 3 Optimizations

Asus Z170m-Plus.

Compilation complete. 1 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 0 Optimizations
+ printf 'Removing: SSDT-EVSS.dsl\n'
Removing: SSDT-EVSS.dsl 
Excuse me. But this table is necessary for my chipset?

attachicon.gifdebug_output.txt.zip

Doesn't appear like you have an EVSS device, so no. This may only be an x99 device, but not 100% sure, so I've kept it in there for z170 chipsets as a precautionary. If it turns out it's not needed, then I'll remove it in future builds.

Ok mfc88

it was my fault (I have ssdt Alfa in other part of my monitor and I have not seen it (audio is working now)

What do you suggest to see if all is working well now?

Then I would like to ask.. (Offtopic)

Have you in your rig a working nvram?

In my case I have not and I think that this should be why I have an annoying popup error for Nvidia driver panel

Run any normal activities. If you run into any problems, then you'll know.  :P

Yes. NVRAM works for me. 

Use this guide (skip step 1):

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/313296-guide-mac-osx-1012-with-x99-broadwell-e-family-and-haswell-e-family/page-49?do=findComment&comment=2346494

and this is my PCI tab now

PCI SLOT numbering is bad I think

graphic card is in slot 1 and name pic card is in slot 4

Thunderbolt card in slot 3 is not relegated..I have no peripherals attached on it

Build a SSDT-NVME.aml if you haven't already. It'll mark it as "Built In" for now.

My script doesn't support Thunderbolt cards at the moment. However, was the Thunderbolt card showing up in PCI devices before? If so, I may be able to build a custom SSDT for you.

no thunderbolt was not there before so I think is right so

Your step by step guide for nvram is not working for me

I have a nvram.plist file in efi but if I try to insert there a test variable, when rebooting it vanishes..

and I have always this popup attached.

but too much off topic here

thank you again for your work

If you're using the GTX 1080, then it's possibly a Pascal driver issue.

other question numbering appearing in PCI system infosPCI slot is ssdt related?

It can be if the SSDT has:

Name (_SUN, 0xXX) // _SUN: Slot User Number

however, from my testing, it's mainly for aesthetics. Shouldn't affect functionality.

no I have it also with GTX Titan X (Maxwell and with two different motherboard (Rampage V and deluxe II) only dual Asus z10 PE D16 was working well with Nvidia driver panel

If sudo nvram nvda_drv=1 doesn't persist across boots (you can check by running "nvram -p" -- you should see this: nvda_drv 1) then it's definitely a NVRAM issue. You'll need to do more research for your motherboard.

nvda_drv 1%00

but strange think is that graphic card is working perfectly..only panel does not start at boot..it starts only at first boot after web driver installation..bah

Fergarth mentioned something similar in another thread. Perhaps it's a 10.12.4+ driver issue (I'm still running 10.12.3 and no nvidia panel problems). 

nvda_drv1%00

but strange think is that graphic card is working perfectly..only panel does not start at boot..it starts only at first boot after web driver installation..bah

Check if it's checked to boot with system, under user settings

Yes it is checked

@mfc88 it is not related to sierra OSX version, it appares randomly and different users suffers of this problem. Any help would be appreciated and sorry for big off-topic.

Thank you

If this is a recent issue. Eliminate the variables:

1. If you didn't experience it while using a particular Clover version, then downgrade to that older version.

2. If you didn't experience it in 10.12.3 or below, then downgrade.

3. If you didn't experience it before updating the patched BIOS, then downgrade to 1404.

If it was working perfectly fine before, then get it back to that state by removing what could have potentially broke it.

In order for the script to work best... should I remove all my existing SSDTs?

I have 2 existing ones.... one for the NVME and one to take care of HDMI audio.

Furthermore.... If I get error messages... how to determine if they are critical?

I have tried the tool with buildall.... get a couple of errors.

Any things I should configure in CLOVER to get best results?

Regards ,Mike