ssdtGen - custom generated SSDTs (x99/z170/z97/h97 systems)

mfc88

203 posts in this topic

Remove any custom DSDT.aml/SSDTs.amls from the patched folder (Pike's SSDT.aml can remain in patched). Then, you'll need add nv_disable=1 to your config.plist boot arguments and add "Inject Nvidia" to the "Graphics" tab of your config.plist. Lastly, uncheck "NvidiaWeb" from "System Parameters". Save your config.plist. Reboot, then, run the script (reset these settings back to where they were after you've successfully built a SSDT-GFX1.aml).

Building the SSDT-XHC.aml (USB power options) will only work if your XHCI device is renamed XHC. I recommend you follow one of these guides and not use the X99_Injector_USB 3.kext since it requires the USB port limit config.plist patch (folllowing the guides below will allow you to build a SSDT-UIAC.aml to reduce the injected USB ports to those are in use):

So, in regards to the device-id you're using in the SSDT-480.aml, is it fake? Or is it the actual manufacturer's device-id from the graphics card?
Do we create the USB ssdt before or after running your script?

Remove all clover patches except rename xhc?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

In order for the script to work best... should I remove all my existing SSDTs?

I have 2 existing ones.... one for the NVME and one to take care of HDMI audio.

Furthermore.... If I get error messages... how to determine if they are critical?

I have tried the tool with buildall.... get a couple of errors.

Any things I should configure in CLOVER to get best results?

Regards ,Mike

Must be vanilla (no other SSDTs/DSDTs loaded) if you're attempting to build SSDTs. Otherwise, expect errors and/or invalid SSDT injection because the devices are either renamed or already have injected _DSMs.

See error reporting in first post.

Do we create the USB ssdt before or after running your script?

Remove all clover patches except rename xhc?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Either way. As long as the XHCI/XHC1 device is named XHC, then the SSDT-XHC.aml will be built. The main reason I recommend the USB SSDT (SSDT-UIAC.aml) is to eliminate the "15 to xx" port limit config.plist patch. 

Here is my debug output.

attachicon.gifdebug_output.txt

And ioreg (just incase)

attachicon.gifShane's iMac.zip

Vanilla DSDT + SSDT

attachicon.giforigin.zip

I see the problem.

1. You don't have an EVSS device, which seems to be common for z170 boards. This has now been removed.

2. Found a spelling error where z170's "LPCB" device was referenced in an if statement as "LCPB". That's why it always fails to compile. Now fixed.

Updated ssdtGen script to 0.1.5b!

Glad i could help find bugs :-)

Now do i need to use my DSDT? will it conflict with any of the SSDTs? Do i need to Rename _DSM to XDSM?

Should GFX1 have enabled hdmi audio? Because it isnt.

This is the DSDT i use from MaLdOn

attachicon.gifDSDT.aml.zip

Send me SSDT-GFX1.aml. Seems to be missing some properties.

Here you go.

Remove the custom DSDT.aml!!!!! Otherwise, SSDTs will not work!!!!

Do me a favor and temporarily remove any sensor kexts you may installed. And reboot. Then send me another IOREG.

As is, this is incorrect (PEGP should have been removed and replaced with GFX1 -- PEGP/HDAU missing important properties -- hda-gfx (both), and Pinconfigurations (HDAU)):

86Buira.png

And missing SBUS (SMBS) -- make sure to include SSDT-SBUS.aml.

So thanks again mfc for the amazing work you are doing here.

I started to work according to your guide.

I removed all SSDT except for the NVME one.

As far as I understand.... USB should be sorted out as well before starting the script?

That means following Rehabmans/your guide to sort out USB with USBInjectall.kext and a special SSDT to specify the USB ports needed.

I was not so sure about the SSDT regarding powermanagement.....that one can also stay for the script?

So basically 3 SSDT can remain for the script to work:

- USB in conjunction with USBInjectall.kext

- NVME when using the spoofed method of Pike

- Powermanagement SSDT

Right?

Thanks, Michael

So thanks again mfc for the amazing work you are doing here.

I started to work according to your guide.

I removed all SSDT except for the NVME one.

As far as I understand.... USB should be sorted out as well before starting the script?

That means following Rehabmans/your guide to sort out USB with USBInjectall.kext and a special SSDT to specify the USB ports needed.

I was not so sure about the SSDT regarding powermanagement.....that one can also stay for the script?

So basically 3 SSDT can remain for the script to work:

- USB in conjunction with USBInjectall.kext

- NVME when using the spoofed method of Pike

- Powermanagement SSDT

Right?

Thanks, Michael

Yes.

Yes i did both of those.

Updated ssdtGen script to remove a fix. Re-download script and compile SBUS (build SBUS) again.

Also, try this attached SSDT-GFX1.aml.

SSDT-GFX1.aml.zip

Yes it was but didnt update sorted order to reflect the 1 - 0 change but thats done now.

Still wrong. 

Do me a favor. Switch back to your custom DSDT.aml (remove all of the ssdtGen's SSDTs), reset config.plist to use DSDT, then send me an IOREG with the custom DSDT loaded. 

I'll take a look at it tomorrow and see if I can see what the heck is going on.