thanks again 

what ur hardware, bro? mobo, gpu...

Gigabyte G41M-Combo FB

Gerforce GT 420 1GB

I attached everything ioreg dsdt etc on my first post 

thanks again 

• Like 1

Hello! I have the same problem:  

Installed Sierra, everything works, but when shutting down, the system restarts by itself showing a message after Clover screen that says "your computer restarted because of a problem", then Sierra starts and shows two pop messages saying there was a problem on the restart. Apart form that everything seems to be working fine, but need help to solve the shutdown/restart problem!

• Mobo: GA Z77-DS3H.  LGA1155.  Rev1.0

• CPU: Intel i5-3570.  3.4GHz

• Graphics:  NVIDIA  GTX 660ti

I read many forums and tried lots of stuff, but no luck:

• Tried using Clover Configurator to fix Shutdown, Halt Enabler, dakewake.

• Tried updating my BIOS to disable Wake On LAN, but I still I don't see this option in my updated BIOS F11a.

• Tried changing the SMBIOS form iMac14.2 to, MacPro5.1 (this crashed my system) and to iMac13.2 as someone suggested in previous posts.

• I even tried modifying the DSDT of the chosen SMBIOS, screen shutdowns, but never the CPU who needed a manual shutdown.

• Tried deleting the emuvariableuefi-64 to see if that was the issue, but realized I don't even have that file in my Clover drivers.

• Tried patching my DSDT with PJALM patches.

Nos... at this point I am brain burned, and gone completely out of ideas. Had to go back to El Capitan until I get new ideas.

Please, need some help!

• Mobo: GA Z77-DS3H.  LGA1155.  Rev1.0

• CPU: Intel i5-3570.  3.4GHz

• Graphics:  NVIDIA  GTX 660ti

-Post ur full Clover folder with original tables, press F4 in Clover Boot Screen, files generate in Clover/Acpi/origin
-Post Ioreg, extract with Ioreg Explorer
-Run it, post files generate in ur desktop

-Post ur full Clover folder with original tables, press F4 in Clover Boot Screen, files generate in Clover/Acpi/origin
-Post Ioreg, extract with Ioreg Explorer
-Run it, post files generate in ur desktop

Thanks MaLd0n.

Unfortunately, I went back to El Capitan because I needed, so I wont be able to give you all the files you asked for.

I kept a copy of the entire CLOVER folder. Please find it attached. Hope this helps to determine where is the problem. I still want to upgrade to Sierra.

Thanks again!

CLOVER.zip

• Like 1

@Nanukbcn

El Capitan and Sierra

1- Install Clover with these options

attachicon.gifMaLd0n 2017-04-18 às 14.02.47.png

2- Replace folder

attachicon.gifCLOVER.zip

3- Activate ur GPU

4- Run it

attachicon.gifOlarila.command.zip

Reboot

I appreciate your help MaLd0n.

Unfortunately, that didn't work. Instead the computer started a reboot infinite cycle showing a black screen with thousands of commands, giving me no other option but to reinstall from zero. I attached a picture of the black screen.

Now... I've tried new stuff of things a read on forums:

• Update MySQL. I read there is a version that interacts with Sierra. But, I found out I don't even have that software in my computer.
  • Read also that the kext ALXEthernet could cause the restart. So I changed for AtherosE2200Ethernet, but this makes my internet useless.
  • Tried changing BIOS ErP to Enabled. Read this worked for someone, but not for me.
  • I tried again changing options in config.plist to select FixShutdown, FixUSB and Boot timeout=0. Did it one by one and restarted, but not of them made any difference.
  • I also tried shutting down my computer making sure there was not even one singe USB connected (not even mouse or keyboard). Still shutdown turned into a restart and showed the panic screen.

I am uploading here my latest IOReg, Clover's folder, and the Report of the restart I get when Sierra loads. Maybe someone can help me find the solution.

Thanks guys!

post-1108234-0-35688200-1492619990_thumb.jpg

IOReg Ayk.zip

CLOVER.zip

Shutdown Report.zip

Hey guys!!  I FOUND THE SOLUTION!!!

This is what I found out:

The Shutdown report clearely points out there is an issue with the ALXEthernet kext, so I tried to search for an alternative kext. Tried AtherosE2200 but that didn't work, then I tried Atheros L1c... and that one worked.

Now the process to uninstall the problematic kext and to install the good one has to be very precise, as the kernel cache has to be completely deleted to avoid having any remains in the system that can bring panic back again. I followed someone else's guide, and I would like to give credit to this user, thought it is form another site and I am not sure if rules allow me to post the link. 

So, if you want to try the guide to solve your proble, this is what you need to do:

1. Delete the kext ALXEhternet from /S/L/E
  2. Then recreate the kernel cache. If you have no idea how to do this, as happened to me... simply type on terminal: sudo touch /system/library/extensions
  3. Go to System Preferences and delete the Ethernet configuration you had from the old kext
  4. Now need to Reboot (this will actually apply the kernel cache recreation)
  5. Nos install the new kext. In my case it was AtherosL1c, but if you are having trouble with this, try also AtherosE2200. To install it use Termina, or softwares like Kext Utility or Kextdrop (I find this last one very simple as you only need to drag it into the window and click install).
  6. Recreate kernel cache again. Rremember, just type in terminal: sudo touch /system/library/extensions
  7. Reboot again.
  8. Now everything should be working. Just make sure you have the new Ethernet configuration in you system preferences.

By now you should have internet working and, most important... NO PANIC MESSAGE, AND NO RESTART INSTEAD OF SHUTDOWN.

Hope this guide help someone else, as I went crazy a couple of days trying to figure it out.

Thanks to everyone that helped with posts!!