Titan / Natit video drivers exploit and GMA 850?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

guiyoforward

guiyoforward

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
Hi there,

Before the move to Core Duo, the built in intel graphs shipped with Pentium M processors were of the 850 (845/855/865...) chipset family. I didn't quite get the technical details about the Titan driver loading trick, but Omni says it can be adapted to ATI cards as well.

Any chance it could be adapted for the old 8X5 intel graphs? That, and the porting of 10.4.8 kernel to SSE2 only machines would breath a new life to a whole line of older but capable laptops...

Thanks!

guiyoforward

guiyoforward

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
shameless bump :(

fireshark

fireshark

Your Mom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts
not as such since there are no intelmacs that use this chip, so it would be very hard to find the correct values to stick into the ioplane. besides, appleintelintegrated doesnt work that way (with applendrv or nvdaresman or things like that)

DS

DS

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
Don't think of Natit/Titan as "drivers", think of them more as enablers that let the actual drivers (Apple supplied) work with non-EFI equipped hardware.

Having said that, I don't think that there are any actual drivers that Apple ever supplied that were designed to work with older GMA chipsets.

Korrupted

Korrupted

Wandering Samurai

• Retired
  • 1,623 posts
  • Interests:Mac<br />Laptops
They worked perfectly in 10.4.1 if I recall..

guiyoforward

guiyoforward

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
yep, that was my point: we have VERY OLD drivers that worked only in the original development kit, under 10.4.1, but stopped working on anything 10.4.3+...

thanks for the explanation anyway.

Korrupted

Korrupted

Wandering Samurai

• Retired
  • 1,623 posts
  • Interests:Mac<br />Laptops
If there were any sources available for them, I'm sure someone could port them over.

esmith1977

esmith1977

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
I think what you are wondering is if the 10.4.8 GMA 950 drivers can be adapted so that the Intel 945 chipset boards that have on-board video can be used...

This would get you rotation support in the GMA 950 boards...

joe75

joe75

Renegade

• Retired
  • 2,077 posts

Don't think of Natit/Titan as "drivers", think of them more as enablers

Excellent point that is constantly overlooked :)

guiyoforward

guiyoforward

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
good point about the enablers, really. we don't have source, only binary kexts from 10.4.1 which work with the 845/855/865 family of built in video.

any clues?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy