NVIDIA - new beta Pascal drivers

darthsian

45 posts in this topic

YES!!! Finally  :thumbsup_anim:

Open to Mac Community

Speaking of users, we’re also making the new TITAN Xp open to the Mac community with new beta Pascal drivers, coming this month. For the first time, this gives Mac users access to the immense horsepower delivered by our award-winning Pascal-powered GPUs.

• Like 9

I was going to pull the trigger on one of this but I hold my self to wait it the drivers are available like they said that will be soon. I will be buying one of this, 3840 Cuda cores, 12 TFLOPS on a single card, yes the down side its the price but who cares when you want performance and now that you will have support on OS X, well.... 

So excited for the Pascal drivers! I've had a 1070 founder's edition since it launched last summer, been waiting ever since.

As for the new card, it's not really worth it IMO... the 1080 is much better value and you can even get 2 in SLI for around the same price as the Xp.

After such a long time and patience we will have Pascal support on macOS!

"

Open to Mac Community

Speaking of users, we’re also making the new TITAN Xp open to the Mac community with new Pascal drivers, coming this month. For the first time, this gives Mac users access to the immense horsepower delivered by our award-winning Pascal-powered GPUs."

"NVIDIA recognizes the desire Mac users have for the greatest functionality and highest performance. Next week, we’ll be posting a new driver that enables Pascal-based graphics cards and allows these users to have a significant increase in both."

Source:

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/10series/titan-xp/

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1002724/geforce-apple-gpus/pascal-based-graphics-card-drivers-for-macos/

• Like 1

Who from real Mac users expected to use Pascal? Only Hackintoshers.

Open to Mac Community

Speaking of users, we’re also making the new TITAN Xp open to the Mac community with new beta Pascal drivers, coming this month. For the first time, this gives Mac users access to the immense horsepower delivered by our award-winning Pascal-powered GPUs.

The real unhidden message from Nvidia:

Open to InsanelyMac Community

Speaking of users, we’re also making the new Nvidia Web Driver open to the InsanelyMac community with the support for Pascal GPU's, coming this month. For the first time, this gives InsanelyMac users priority access to the support for our award-winning Pascal-powered GPUs. As usual, we'll pay fantomas1 for its hard work by maintaining the dedicated topics for our web drivers.

Unhidden on April 6, 2017 by Matt Wuebbling

You're welcome, Nvidia.   ;)

• Like 6

Who from real Mac users expected to use Pascal? Only Hackintoshers.

I'm planning on getting a GTX1070 for my MacPro 5,1 to upgrade from my GTX970, mostly for better gaming performance as I use BootCamp for Windows 7 gaming (BF4/BF1/CoD4/CoD5). Might even upgrade to a 4K screen ... although a 144Hz 1440 might be a better option.

The W3690 and 24GB of RAM still seem to be doing alright, the SATA2 connections seem to be the weak point but with EVO SSD's for both macOS Sierra and Windows 7 it'll do for a while.

• Like 1

It's too much happiness for poor performance!attachicon.gifblowup.gif

Maybe you're right.

But if this new makes hackint0sh users more than happy, it is mainly about the full QE_CI support for these graphics cards, not necessarily for performances (even if it is not to neglect).

• Like 2

15/20% worst than Windows drivers like actual gtx 9xx or titan X (maxwell) would be fantastic for now...

:-)

Nvidia webdrivers are literally the only game in town for timely graphics driver fixes/optimizations and we all know how lacking that is. OS X web drivers for GPUs aren't common simply because why would you develop a new branch when Apple is just going to ignore and deny merge requests (that is bundled in the next maintenance release) against your new optimized performance branch and force you to tweak your old code over and over again? Apple has set their laptop/desktop platform to be slow and unresponsive because they want stability and predictability at all costs. That and to align OS X with iOS to increasing frustrating degrees.  I miss the old days when it wasn't just IGP and Apple at least tried to focus on features and performance. :-(

I'm just like you
Expecting a disappointment  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
:P  :P  :P
Not expecting much from Nvidia
Good would be the native drivers ;)

Won't happen til Apple releases new modular Mac Pro by end of next yr