nVidia Geforce GT 210 Sierra resolution issue

roon83

5 posts in this topic

I installed Sierra on a Dell Optiplex 755 with a Core2Duo E8400 and Geforce GT 210. The installation is working fine and I am getting the display and acceleration with nv injection in clover but the monitor is not detected properly and I am getting "Vga Monitor" with a resolution of 800X600 in the display tab of about this mac which I can scale up to different resolutions but I am not getting the supported resolutions of my monitor. I have a 20" AOC 2043fsk LED monitor with a VGA port that has the native resolution of 1600x900. The monitor is attached to the dvi port of the gpu with a dvi to vga connector. What can I do to make it work? Will adding nvcap help?

I installed Sierra on a Dell Optiplex 755 with a Core2Duo E8400 and Geforce GT 210. The installation is working fine and I am getting the display and acceleration with nv injection in clover but the monitor is not detected properly and I am getting "Vga Monitor" with a resolution of 800X600 in the display tab of about this mac which I can scale up to different resolutions but I am not getting the supported resolutions of my monitor. I have a 20" AOC 2043fsk LED monitor with a VGA port that has the native resolution of 1600x900. The monitor is attached to the dvi port of the gpu with a dvi to vga connector. What can I do to make it work? Will adding nvcap help?

Use native DVI, Sierra has buggy support for VGA port

The same monitor works perfectly on my other rig. details in the signature. Maybe the issue is with the card.

Same problem with Gigabyte GT 740, VGA monitors only show 800x600 while using HDMI/DVI gives full resolution. Try downgrading to El Capitan and see for yourself

• Like 1

Same problem with Gigabyte GT 740, VGA monitors only show 800x600 while using HDMI/DVI gives full resolution. Try downgrading to El Capitan and see for yourself

Yup the display is giving all the vga resolutions. I'll just replace the display with a dvi one.