[Howto] Get a system with working 10.4.8 kernel on any CPU

semthex

67 posts in this topic

hey semthex, i followed ur guide exactly the way u wrote it, but i get a kernel panic.

IOPCIFamily 0x35a01000

IOGraphicFamily 0x3bedb000

IONDRVSupport 0x3bf8a000

NVDAResman 0x3bf99000

I'll post a screen shot soon.

Do you have an nVidia motherboard by any chance? In that case, the nVidia display driver may be trying to match on your motherboard... Do you also have an nVidia video card? If not, you can just delete any NVD* kexts and any Ge* kexts from your /System/Library/Extensions directory, and you should be ok.

No dice for me. Followed instructions exactly twice. System booted first and gave me the geforce error, removed geforce.kext (later removed all geforce and nvidia kexts), now it boots to a blue screen with the mouse pointer and never loads the desktop. Not sure where to go from here, i recopied SMBIOS, IOATA etc.. repaired permissions still no dice :P Everything worked as it should during the install so im not sure what the issue could be. Here is my system information

ASUS A8N (nForce)

Geforce 6100 onboard

Hard drive partitioned in two (1st partition = test 10.4.8 installl, 2nd = 10.4.7 JaS install used for setup)

I used the Jas 10.4.7 DVD to install, then followed the instructions on this page. Is that correct?

I got this working on my system

specs: AMD Athlon 64 3200+

Asus A8N-E

Had to delete the Geforce.kext to get it to work! :)

Later, installed the titan driver, but no qe/ci :(

also, another tutorial explains how to get qe/ci by editing the geforce.kext, but i deleted that, so what can i do bout it? :(

Also, my onboard LAN status shows 'Network cable not connected'

Can anyone please help me out? :/

edit: forcedeth driver worked this time!

edit: Installed Geforce.kext, and it worked!

First of all - thanks very much for this guide.

The Topic is ...on any cpu... - so whats about an amd sempron (3000+(sse3 is available) in my case) I followed your guide exactly (not only once) and each time I'm trying to get to the single-user-prompt my machine restarts (after loading the extensions).

tanks in advance

My little edit to the guide:

If you install using the OSInstall package from within my working install, you won't get a boot loader on the "test" partition.

I prefer to install OSX directly to the test partition (uncheck all of the OSX Hacks Group packages), by booting of the install DVD. Then boot into your "working" partition and follow the guide.

Once you've tested your "test" partition to ensure you haven't hosed anything, you can set it as primary and make it your new working partition :(

When I boot to test drive with -s -v -legacy flags it start to load kext very fastly but after that it reboot...

I have the same problem :construction:

this is my second try with this guide an still the same thing

now worked for me too...

how did you get it to work?

i have: AMD 64 x2 4200 and MSI k9n neo motherboard

thanx for any help!

Please note that many questiosn in theis thread are already answered in my FAQ, which is available from the link in my signature. Also try to catch the latest build if possible.

A BIG recommendation on boot issues: check your bios settings!

• 1 month later...