Can't get P-states working

Enigm4

15 posts in this topic

Hi,

I've finally decided to play around with DSDT and SSDT.

I've managed to create working DSDT and I have generated a SSDT with "ssdtPRGen.sh".

Now my system goes to sleep without any problem, but it seems, that P-states (and maybe C-states) don't work.

Because when I launch "Intel Power Gadget", my frequency always stays at 3.4 GHz (sometimes it drops to 3.14 Ghz, but I don't think it matters).

When I launch Windows, I can see in Task Manager that my frequency goes up and down (down to 0.75-0.8 Ghz).

In Clover, I have dropped OEM SSDT.

Also kextstat doesn't show AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext running, but I don't have NullCPUPowerManagement.kext installed anywhere.

In my DSDT I have done some patching, but I didn't do anything particular about Power Management.

Since most of the guides online are really old, I'd like to ask you, what should I do?

In the attachment I've included the DSDT, SSDT that I'm using, my IOReg and original ACPI table.

AllStuff.zip

• Like 1

@Enigm4, please note that, with haswell platforms, Apple moved CPU power management from AIPCPUPM to the kernel. That's why you're not seeing AICPUPM loaded; you won't...

I'm not sure about desktop computers but Haswell laptops usually require top select the KernelPm option in Clover's Kext & Kernel patches section.

It is already selected in the plist that MaLd0n gave me.

• Like 1

ofc

the last aicpupm is sandy, ivy or above is x86plat ;)

strange issue, for my i7 4790k, same generation...kernel pm solve, check

post-557433-0-93620900-1491185250.png

try remove Asus AICPUPM in Kernel and Kext Patches

btw, why u dont try use native audio? remove voodoohda and put it in clover/kexts/10.12

AppleALC.old.zip

i apply all in ur DSDT

Well, I think that I'll leave sound as it is. It's not like it will change a lot.

The most important thing is, that I have sleep working.

Also, could you tell me, what changes have you made to my DSDT? What pieces of code have you added or how did you patch it?

Big thanks to you.

• Like 1

-FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS
-HPET
-SATA
-SLPB
-EHCx
-DARWIN
-LPC
-XHCI
-HDEF
-RTC
-IRQs
-SBUS
-BUS1
-MCHC
-ALS0
-SHUTDOWN
-PNLF

AppleHdaDisable is good with voodoohda, only disable applehda kext, u dont use applehda with voodoohda

but in many cases applehda load and cause problems with voodoohda ;)

• Like 1