HELP TOPIC - [RYZEN] macOS 10.12.x (Sierra)

spakk

410 posts in this topic

Thanks for replying ...

Well I'm not afraid of a challenge especially since Ryzen gives so much more for a same price. I see that your system uses Ryzen... What is your configuration? What issues do you have? I see you have a different GPU but I can probably copy the rest... Are there any issues you know of with 1080ti? I never used a mack so I will not even pretend to know what iMasage is but I know it was not working on older AMDs... What about Ryzen? Any other issue like that.

Currently no imessage no app store 1050ti OC gpu no dual monitor screen is choppy no video playback Adobe CC doesn't run full due to gpu limitations no audio and no USB 3.0. I haven't looked deep into how to fix it but the basic Kexts and configurations haven't fixed it.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I have a pascal gpu and it barely works

But it is worth getting those parts for Windows and the Mac is partially functional in my case

Well it will be for videoediting and Windows part was just me asking for myself. I might look into making me one to see how it works. It is a problem since I work in IT support and have no clue what to do when someone ask me to help him with his Mac

I know it works with Intel. But I'm too green to know if that translates to AMD as well...

Thanks for replying ...

Well I'm not afraid of a challenge especially since Ryzen gives so much more for a same price. I see that your system uses Ryzen... What is your configuration? What issues do you have? I see you have a different GPU but I can probably copy the rest... Are there any issues you know of with 1080ti? I never used a mack so I will not even pretend to know what iMasage is but I know it was not working on older AMDs... What about Ryzen? Any other issue like that.

The performance is good, the problem iMessage also touches Intel and works properly than with clover, I do not use iMessage :) but why not :), the more complicated with AMD are the updates, new update I'm using the Darwin version 16.5 of Bronya for a version OS X 10.12.6 beta 2 which works normally with a version Darwin 16.7 !! So everything is possible :)

Well it will be for videoediting and Windows part was just me asking for myself. I might look into making me one to see how it works. It is a problem since I work in IT support and have no clue what to do when someone ask me to help him with his Mac

I know it works with Intel. But I'm too green to know if that translates to AMD as well...

I have much better performance with my old HD 7950 on Ryzen than on my old i7 3930k !!  :lol:

The performance is good, the problem iMessage also touches Intel and works properly than with clover, I do not use iMessage :) but why not :), the more complicated with AMD are the updates, new update I'm using the Darwin version 16.5 of Bronya for a version OS X 10.12.6 beta 2 which works normally with a version Darwin 16.7 !! So everything is possible :)

I have much better performance with my old HD 7950 on Ryzen than on my old i7 3930k !!  :lol:

Well I know he is using old macOS on current Mac so I'm sure that updates will not be a problem... If he doesn't need a new futures he doesn't update...

I kind of think it is worth going AMD way with this build. But is iMessage the only problem or are there any other pars of OS that are not working with AMD. I need to give him some options...

Well I know he is using old macOS on current Mac so I'm sure that updates will not be a problem... If he doesn't need a new futures he doesn't update...

I kind of think it is worth going AMD way with this build. But is iMessage the only problem or are there any other pars of OS that are not working with AMD. I need to give him some options...

I do not know what gives the Adobe suite? The UHD 4 k read 60 fps mp4 x264 / 265 works well, I have a good fluidity video, what to say? The temperature / energy management remain a mystery, I do not know if it actually works, USB 3 / 3,1 (5gbit / s) works well, I have not tested the port Msata yet.

I do not know what gives the Adobe suite? The UHD 4 k read 60 fps mp4 x264 / 265 works well, I have a good fluidity video, what to say? The temperature / energy management remain a mystery, I do not know if it actually works, USB 3 / 3,1 (5gbit / s) works well, I have not tested the port Msata yet.

Could you post your Kexts as you seem to have a lot more working than me?

The realtek audio kept isn't working on my system, I probably put it in the wrong place (first Hackintosh) which directory is it in for you

:)

native

Bus USB 3.0 :

Gestionnaire du contrôleur de l’hôte :    AppleUSBXHCIPCI
  Identifiant du périphérique PCI :    0x145c
  Identifiant de révision du PCI :    0x0000
  Identifiant du fournisseur du PCI :    0x1022

BC USB DAC :

Identifiant du produit :    0x0319
  Identifiant du fournisseur :    0x0d8c  (C-MEDIA ELECTRONICS INC.)
  Version :    1.03
  Vitesse :    Jusqu’à 480 Mb/s
  Fabricant :    CMEDIA
  Identifiant de l’emplacement :    0x60400000 / 2
  Courant disponible (mA) :    500
  Courant requis (mA) :    100
  Exploitation supplémentaire actuelle (mA) :    0

HP Basic USB Keyboard :

Identifiant du produit :    0x0024
  Identifiant du fournisseur :    0x03f0  (Hewlett Packard)
  Version :    3.00
  Vitesse :    Jusqu’à 1,5 Mb/s
  Fabricant :    CHICONY
  Identifiant de l’emplacement :    0x60200000 / 3

USB OPTICAL MOUSE :

Identifiant du produit :    0x2510
  Identifiant du fournisseur :    0x093a  (Pixart Imaging, Inc.)
  Version :    1.00
  Vitesse :    Jusqu’à 1,5 Mb/s
  Fabricant :    PIXART
  Identifiant de l’emplacement :    0x60100000 / 1

Hackintosh at work with a video UHD 60 fps 4k, there is some video blocking at times, I think my HDD is not fast enough :)
Everything works well for now, the camcorder is an old machin of poor quality :)

http://www.partage-fichiers.com/upload/n55gbjlr

Edited by papiercul

I make HDD 500G WD Black as Installer and the destination is HDD 1T WD Blue with only one partition, installation work well, then i installed chameleon r2667 on HDD, reboot but get this error

Boot0: error

I tried to fix which this method

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/288671-solved-boot0-error-after-install/

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/278198-boot0error-easiest-way-to-fix-it/

but not work, any suggestion for me, thank you so much!

I Managed to get my setup working Yesterday (R7 1700, Asrock X370 Gaming K4) thanks to Gigamaxx' instructions in the patcher thread, had to reconstruct my old Intel setup first, most of the marathon effort was after I got it up and running. Somewhere early on the "a" key on my Apple aluminium keyboard failed and I had to copy and paste it, only just managed to get an old PS/2 keyboard working. I haven't tried much USB stuff, no info at all in system report for USB, for large USB 3.1 port only USB 2 devices re detected. I can't find drivers for the ALC 1220 audio and can't seem to get HDMI (Nvidia) audio working as a stopgap.

Also need to find a link for the latest kernel, one that doesn't play with the CPU clock speeds so I don't lose my overclock under macOS

*edit* upon reboot the PS/2 keyboard was no longer working, fortunately was able to dig up a USB keyboard hidden away somewhere.

Does anyone use Clover on a Gigabyte GA-AB350 and could help me to configure Clover?

Sadly not me, I have an Asrock X370 Gaming K4, I had Sierra installed booting via Clover with everything except some of the USB ports working fine.

I wanted to install a newer kernel from the dev thread, not sure what was newer, and ultimately hosed things since by that time I hadn't seen the one tiny mention almost hidden away that you need to merge the framework files rather than simply replace them. Subsequently starting again from a clean slate NOTHING works not even trying to redo my previous steps copying what Gigamaxx listed in the patcher thread. Why oh why can't we have all the important information (such as the need to merge rather than replace the frameworks) CLEARLY displayed somewhere prominent along with the latest files (for both Chameleon and Clover) also displayed prominently. I cannot get it past the line of "+++++++++", it just loses monitor sync and reboots every ****ing time. I have searched and gone through the various threads page by page looking for anything obvious but there is nothing, I vaguely remember someone else being stuck at this point and receiving help but I'll be buggered if I can find it.

• Like 1

Why oh why can't we have all the important information (such as the need to merge rather than replace the frameworks) CLEARLY displayed somewhere prominent along with the latest files (for both Chameleon and Clover) also displayed prominently.

Indeed this would be really really helpful if we had guides for installation Sierra with Chameleon/Enoch or with Clover together with all the files we need.

To speak for myself, I am not an expert with Hackintoshes but I really want to learn and try to get my Sierra Hackintosh running.

Yesterday I installed Sierra on a SSD, used the RyzenPatcher, copied the kernel and then installed Clover (could anyone please help me to configure that?)

On booting it stops with a Kernel Panic on "Driver not found for ACPI........IOPlatformExpert.cpp"

Don't know how to fix that :(

Indeed this would be really really helpful if we had guides for installation Sierra with Chameleon/Enoch or with Clover together with all the files we need.

To speak for myself, I am not an expert with Hackintoshes but I really want to learn and try to get my Sierra Hackintosh running.

Yesterday I installed Sierra on a SSD, used the RyzenPatcher, copied the kernel and then installed Clover (could anyone please help me to configure that?)

On booting it stops with a Kernel Panic on "Driver not found for ACPI........IOPlatformExpert.cpp"

Don't know how to fix that :(

What are your clover boot arguments? Try boot arg. a ncpi=0x3000 busratio=30 -v.