HELP TOPIC - [RYZEN] macOS 10.12.x (Sierra)

spakk

410 posts in this topic

Hey guys, updated to 10.12.5 and now i can't boot to desktop, computer restarts.

I tryed to reapply Kernel and kext, fix permissions, and fsck -fy

anything i missed ?

Thanks !

Try using: busratio=30 PCIRootUID=1 ncpi=0x3000 nv_disable=1 -v -x

Busratio=30 ncpi=0x3000 PCIRootUID=1 nv_disable=1 -v -s

Type exit at stopping point.

Another thing to try is the placement of your graphics card and other pci slot devices. Try other slot configuration for wifi and graphics card if applicable. I noticed my wifi card placed in different slots makes the pci lanes change for the graphics card.

I tried this and got the same result as before.

I think I will try to get El Captian to work.

Do I have to set it up the same way as I did with Sierra? 

Installing via MacBook on SSD, updating, installing Bootloader (which one do I have to use here?) and then put the SSD into my PC? 

Do I need the RyzenPatcher on El Capitan too?

Is there an installing guide available here anywhere?

I tried this and got the same result as before.

I think I will try to get El Captian to work.

Do I have to set it up the same way as I did with Sierra? 

Installing via MacBook on SSD, updating, installing Bootloader (which one do I have to use here?) and then put the SSD into my PC? 

Do I need the RyzenPatcher on El Capitan too?

Is there an installing guide available here anywhere?

El Capitan doesn't have patcher and you need different kernels.    El Capitan will be a manual process.     Try again with Sierra with a fresh instal don't worry about updatesl, and follow the RyzenPatcher guide.    You may need to add the Kernel manually to System/Library/Kernels folder.       

k1VdNEY.jpg

Okay so I decided to start again and follow Gigamaxx steps but now I get stuck on this point in the setup?

If using USB installer for boot that could be problem. Do you have chameleon on same drive as Sierra, no USB? Your close!

Try adding -s and follow prompts at stopping point.

If using USB installer for boot that could be problem. Do you have chameleon on same drive as Sierra, no USB? Your close!

I have sierra and chameleon on external SSD and then will install on go internal SSD

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Found out it is my Wifi card but now i get stuck at waiting for boot-uuid-media

HID: Legacy shim 2

back in the yosemite days the still waiting for root device could be fixed by putting IOUSBFamily.kext into Extra/Extension for chameleon or efi/efi/kexts/other. not sure if any of you have tested this yet.

• Like 1

back in the yosemite days the still waiting for root device could be fixed by putting IOUSBFamily.kext into Extra/Extension for chameleon or efi/efi/kexts/other. not sure if any of you have tested this yet.

Yeah i'll defo test that Kext tonight ;)

I installed Sierra + Chameleon + bronya boot-file again on SSD, used RyzenPatcher and I am finally able to boot.

But I had to remove my R9 280X and put in a Gainward 7100GS.

Showing VESA Display 3MB when looking into System Information.

Bootflags: -v busratio=32 npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=1

Two problems: System clock is running too fast. A "Mac-minute" is maybe 5 seconds in realtime. How can I fix this?

When booting with -x the clock seems to run correctly.

Second problem: How can I get my R9 280X to work now?

Drivers

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

He doesn't need drivers, what kind of advice is that?? 

Second problem: How can I get my R9 280X to work now?

GraphicsEnabler=YES

• Like 1

I installed Clover now. In the Bootloader I can see that my graphics card was recognized correctly.

I chose "-v -x" as boot args but ended up in an error

You should remove the clover you added and go back to chameleon 2667 and add GraphicsEnabler=Yes to your boot/kernel flags. Clover uses config.plist and chameleon uses org.chameleon plist and Symbios plist and kernel.plist.

Does your boot screen still look like the chameleon boot screen? If so that clover is probably not doing any good. I think you may have a kernel version issue. You may need to change kernels and make sure to replace all of them. The Extra folder kernel, the S/L/Kernels kernel. Then run kext wizzard again. Check to see if your current kernels are matching, by right clicking and use " get info" check the dates.

Another thing to check is the bios CPU frequency, is it on auto or set @ 32? Try these options and see if your timing issue remains.

I installed Clover now. In the Bootloader I can see that my graphics card was recognized correctly.

I chose "-v -x" as boot args but ended up in an error

Remove -x and try with just -v

Success at boot however my screen is currently scaled too big and I cannot get an ethernet connection?

Edit: Fixed ethernet still need to fix my screen tho :/

P.S my boot time takes an age due to the stuttering screen something to do with chameleon? 

Edit: ^ Possibly a graphics issue as when a file downloads the mouse stutterers and some of my other things stutter