Clover Info.plist Patch AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy

hitman478

6 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have changed the SMBIOS in Clover to MacBook Pro 13.3 because it is displayed for i7 Skylake. If I change the SMBIOS to 13.3 then my HDMI output no longer works. But if I manually patch the the AppleGraphicsControl.kext /contents/plugin/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext /contents/info.plist and replace the MAC board ID of an existing device by the board ID then the HDMI Output works again. I would like to have this patched by Clover, so that the Kext remains original. I have already tried in the Clover with Kext to Patch the value of the Board ID in Hex converted by Find and Replace but it didn't work.

I hope you can help me there.

greetings

hitman478

In the original Info.plist there is for example the Value Mac-FC02E91DDD3FA6A4 and that I want to replace with value of Mac-473D31EABEB93F9B. When I do this manually and reinstall the Kext with this value then the HDMI Output starts to work. I hope it is clear now.

I am using the Board ID of MacBook Pro 13.3 with Board ID

This is a part of my config.plist.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<string>Mac-A5C67F76ED83108C</string>
<string>MBP133.88Z.0226.B11.1612220123</string>
<string>MacBookPro13,3</string>
</plist>

​I have wrongly posted the ID of the MacBook Pro 13.1 because I have tested something. The correct Board ID which needs to be patched is Mac-A5C67F76ED83108C. I have tried to convert the ID of the Board ID Mac-FC02E91DDD3FA6A4 into Hex and the Board ID of the MacBook Pro 13,3 also but this didn't work. That is the reason why I am asked if I have maybe done it wrong.

so you want replace Mac-FC02E91DDD3FA6A4 with Mac-A5C67F76ED83108C in the info.plist of AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext?

if so then test this please.

<dict>
	<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
	<dict>
		<key>KextsToPatch</key>
		<array>
			<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy Fix</string>
				<key>Disabled</key>
				<false/>
				<key>Find</key>