macOS Sierra 10.12.4 is out ...

Wayang-NT

49 posts in this topic

just updated to 10.12.4. sound is gone. *update: installed AppleALC & Lilu and it's fixed.*

6670 here. I don't have night shift. It's fine. And my screen doesn't flicker at all.

The only problem is I still have to use clover 3974. any version after that will give me a black screen after boot. Why? :(

here a Problem   in 10.12.4 Beta 8 with in Terminal: kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel

bash-3.2# kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
String/URL conversion failure.
KernelCache ID: 88945206AC8B151EB304D7B45B465434
String/URL conversion failure.
bash-3.2#
what is this ?

This is still in 10.12.4 final. So much for Apple's QA regression testing...

I am getting hung on AppleACPICPU timing out. Tried newest clover 4035 still no go. I've never had this problem before went back to 10.12.3 until I sort this out. Using a ga-b75-d3h mb with i7-3770 cpu. 

Ahh, my activity monitor crashes with this update,

nothing in system log, any reasons???

For those who have the Activity Monitor crash, and can't access it anymore, here is a temporary solution: The issue causes the Energy Tab, so go to the users/Library/Preferences/com.apple.ActivityMonitor.plist and change the SelectedTab value to 0,1,3,4 not 2, which is the Energy tab. It seems that the cause of the crash is the ACPIBattery kext.

• Like 2

Ok changed the above said value to "0" and activity monitor works.

edit: Spoke too early, if I click the energy tab in activity monitor it crashes again and the plist reverts to value of 2.

Edited by macq
  • Like 1

I am getting hung on AppleACPICPU timing out. Tried newest clover 4035 still no go. I've never had this problem before went back to 10.12.3 until I sort this out. Using a ga-b75-d3h mb with i7-3770 cpu.

Same problem here on ga-b75m-d3h with i5-2500 maybe a bios setting? Gonna have a play later.

• Like 1

Ok changed the above said value to "0" and activity monitor works.

edit: Spoke too early, if I click the energy tab in activity monitor it crashes again and the plist reverts to value of 2.

As I said, it's only a temporary solution that you can access the Activity Monitor app again. The value 2 means Energy Tab and 0 is the CPU Tab. I'd say you do not select the Energy Tab anymore.

• Like 1

Same problem here on ga-b75m-d3h with i5-2500 maybe a bios setting? Gonna have a play later.

I downloaded the combo update for 10.12.4 and ran it instead of the app store download and all went well and all came up running. I must have gotten a bad download.  :rolleyes: