Intel Xeon L5640 / Sierra / Kernel Panic booting into Installer

waqy

32 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

got a Fujitsu R570-2 desktop computer.

It's got an Intel Xeon L5640 with 6 cores and 12 threads at 2.3GHz.

Despite being able to make a couple of hackintosh machines over the last couple of years, I just can't seem to boot into the Sierra installer using Clover EFI.

I've used a variety of flags ( -v, -s, cpus=1, -x, maxmem=4096, etc) but I can't seem to get into the installer.

The predominant error message is always "Should have 12 threads, only found 13" This occurs with any number if I have multithreads disabled or core numbers reduced in the BIOS settings as well.

Is this processor even supported? Should I be using somethign else apart from Clover?

Your help would be very much appreciated.

post-734470-0-15359400-1490459946_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I downloaded and installed Clover EFI e4035 to USB stick and put FakeSMC kext inside 10.12 folder inside the Kext folder.

DI7kl7S.png

To make the Sierra USB, I used the terminal command to copy the base image from the Application to USB

• Like 1

Checked BIOS. System config is AHCI.

There's a ton of config options for the CPU though. Not sure what I should be leaving enabled and disabled:

wNtLdC1l.jpg

JCPeu33l.jpg

you need  AppleACPIPlatform.kext in your Clover folder and your patched DSDT 

Thanks for your input, Rockey12.

Do you have a link to the kext for Sierra, please??

• Like 1

put the kext in clover  10.12 kext folder

i hope you have all the other kext 2 but you still need patched dsdt 2

use all of these kexts in ur clover folder

a hackintosher will never give up  :yes:   :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks again, Rockey12.

Still no luck, so I will have to try and find a way to get dsdt from the computer

https://www.google.de/amp/s/mackonsti.wordpress.com/2012/02/13/extract-dsdt-using-ubuntu-live-cd/amp/

When you get your dsdt attach It along with your config.plist for the very Frist Time you have to use macbook pro 7.2 SMBios After the Installation you can Change It to macpro 5.1

I managed to extract the tables through Ubuntu. I then ran it through MaciASL and then googled any errors I had and now there isn't any.

I've attached the DSDT.aml and config as well.

Edit: As a last resort, I used my macbook pro to install Sierra on to the hard drive of the desktop via a usb caddy. I then put the drive in the computer but I still get the same kernel error unfortuately :(

Archive.zip

• Like 1

Try this dsdt

So I copied those files to my USB.

Now getting the following error, although no kernel panics (yet)

HDeWEAIl.jpg

According to the SMBIOS this machine is :

nHSrgPjl.png

• Like 1