GA-Z97N-WIFI & G3258K for El Capitan?

TwistedMetal

3 posts in this topic

I have been trying to install El Capitan on my build but haven't had much success even after reading heavily. When I go to boot I seem to always get a CPU thread 0 panic error. From my readings this is not a supported CPU but others have supposedly gotten it to work. Is it still possible with the current release of el capitan?

I'm running a GT 730 graphics card which I believe is compatible out of the box and 1x8GB stick of ram.

It does say the following message when I do -v booting

Kernel Extensions in backtrace:

com.apple.driver.appleintelCPUPowerManagement (210.0) ......

So far I tried; rootless (even though I heard thats not in use any longer), kext-dev-mode, CSR-active command, etc. I tried some others but they where all graphics related which I don't think pertain to this issue.

I did fakecpuid to  0x0306A0 but that didn't work either. 

Am I S.O.L. for getting the G3258 to work with El Capitan?

I tried a bunch of different things. Even the yosemite guide for running a haswell with yosemite but that didn't work. I added the null cpu kext and now it seemed to hold up at the following before I had to give it a rest for the night 

mac-mini.local com.apple.xpc.launched[1] (org.ntp.antp.117) <warning>: service exited with abnormal code: 255

Is that audio driver related?

I am going to try planning around with the clover folders and fakesmc deal as people have suggested.

I'm not sure why but if I add clover to the USB I get an EFI partition that shows up on the desktop. If I reboot back to the desktop on the older osx it disappears. I'm not sure if the kext is actually working or not. I keep adding nullcpupowermanagement but it doesn't seem to be working.