A few questions about my Dell Optiplex 780 Hackintosh

CharlieTUO

21 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I have a Dell Optiplex 780 Desktop that I turned into a Hackintosh. Everything is okay so far, other then a few things;

I cannot buy a Wifi adapter at this point in time because my router is far away from my Hackintosh and long range adapters are very expensive, far more then I want to spend. I have a MGM Electronics WiFi USB (Part number 831-3397) laying around, is it compatible with macOS Sierra? It worked on Windows 7 when it was installed.

I also created my installer with a universal beast that is titled 7.0.1, and the Clover version is 3766. I have a bunch of kexts and configs that do not work well with the latest version on Clover, and when booting, sends me into a kernel panic. Is there anyway I can install 3766 to my HDD, or do I have to use a new set of configs? I used this setup: CLOVER.zip

Can someone help me install Clover to my hard drive and have these files work for it?

Thank you all so much in advance :)

post KP`s photo.

u use DSDT other machine? Same mobo? Same bios version?

What do you mean "u use DSDT other machine? Same mobo? Same bios version?"

I have not used this setup in another machine, but I booted from the USB with this config file to install OSX, which worked fine. I will post the Kernel Panic in a few.

• Like 1

do u use DSDT from any tutorial etc?

or u extract and edit ur DSDT

if u use DSDT from other people, need same mobo and same bios version. dsdt is a bios table ;)

I used it from a tutorial, and I also modified it a bit. Same bios and mobo. Used same DSDT to install OSX. Works fine.

what happens with new clover? have a photo?

if work good, i think no problem ;)

Just installed the new version of Clover and customized installation for my PC, and it now boots without the USB! No KP or anything. Can I get the integrated WiFi and Sound to work?