h170, g3900, hd510, can it be done?

zeg66

3 posts in this topic

A friend of mine who has upgraded to a "better" system, let me have the following pieces for very little money:

Motherboard: Asus H170M-E D3, bios version 1802, Lan: Realtek 8111H, Audio: Realtek ALC887 8-channel HDA

CPU: Intel Skylake Celeron G3900, HD510 graphics

RAM: 8GB: 2 x 4GB Crucial DDR3L 1600 1.35V CT2K51264BD160B

Is that a candidate configuration, preferably without paying extra for a graphics card? If yes, which osx version?

I can verify that Jessie Gnome runs fine on this and a 120GB 2.5" sata3 ssd, which I wouldn't mind erasing for osx.

What have you tried so far?

The best way to find if something does/will work is to try.

Have you got a mac or hackintosh already to create a USB installer?

Have you searched the forum for your motherboard?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thank you for your reply.

Yes I have created an installer with latest Clover and Sierra 10.12.3 but it gives a kernel panic very early on, it's so fast I can't read the first line but further down it says "thread 0 crashed".

After having looked around, I put the following kexts in the 10.12 folder: AHCI_3rdParty_SATA, FakeSMC, NullCPUPower, RealtekRTL8111 and USBinjectAll

Haven't done anything with CloverConfigurator/config.plist because I don't know which settings would be suitable.

Have tried various UEFI firmware settings but the early KP persists. There are people who say perhaps a Celeron cannot run osx?

Any help would be welcome.