Kx audio driver mod [Sound blaster live!, audigy 1/2/4/RX emu edsp]

ITzTravelInTime

588 posts in this topic

My Audigy2 ZS the system detect, but there is no output sound. How to fix it?

P.S. Sorry for my English.

I have the same problem. The card is detected, I select it from System Preferences sound, but when I try to play sound the computer freezes. This has been the case since Yosemite. I have tried all the KX drivers. I am now using High Sierra. I have also tried 4 different Audigy 2 ZS cards with the same result. All cards work in Windows 10.

• Like 1

I have the same problem. The card is detected, I select it from System Preferences sound, but when I try to play sound the computer freezes. This has been the case since Yosemite. I have tried all the KX drivers. I am now using High Sierra. I have also tried 4 different Audigy 2 ZS cards with the same result. All cards work in Windows 10.

Probably the driver not correctly works with Audigy2 ZS((

ITzTravelInTime

It can be fixed? Need to provide any reports? 

Do you want to know the funny thing? on my own audigy 2 zs sb0350, it just works fine, on my testing machines (2 of them are based on the socket 775), but have you tried the installer pack for the driver? I have seen in some cases some kext injection problems with clover

the installer pack will let the driver to work in any case

To help me to find the problem, can you send to me your clover config.plist?

but have you tried the installer pack for the driver? I have seen in some cases some kext injection problems with clover

Yes, i tried the installer pack for the driver, but nothing has changed.

To help me to find the problem, can you send to me your clover config.plist?

No problem ;)

config.plist.zip

i see a lot of things that could be improved in your config, first of all for this driver is better to use the kext-dev-mode=1 boot arg, since it isn't a signed kext, and then to properly configure the smbios and the rt variables, and in devices try to use reset hda and to put your layout id, but the main issue could be the missing kext-dev-mode=1 boot arg, so try that stuff, as reference for some modifications I leave to you the config.plist I use in one of my working systems, tested with an audigy 2 and an audigy rx

i have also created a modified version of your config.plist

(the second one is the modded version of your config)

config.plist.zip

config.plist.zip

i see a lot of things that could be improved in your config, first of all for this driver is better to use the kext-dev-mode=1 boot arg, since it isn't a signed kext, and then to properly configure the smbios and the rt variables, and in devices try to use reset hda and to put your layout id, but the main issue could be the missing kext-dev-mode=1 boot arg, so try that stuff, as reference for some modifications I leave to you the config.plist I use in one of my working systems, tested with an audigy 2 and an audigy rx

i have also created a modified version of your config.plist

(the second one is the modded version of your config)

Nothing has changed. My config is configured correctly. The problem is not in it. 

For example, with custom dsdt no changes.

P.S. Key kext-dev-mode=1 for 10.11.x-10.12.x is no longer relevant. This key for 10.10.x.!   ;)

Nothing has changed. My config is configured correctly. The problem is not in it. 

For example, with custom dsdt no changes.

P.S. Key kext-dev-mode=1 for 10.11.x-10.12.x is no longer relevant. This key for 10.10.x.!   ;)

yes, i know abut that, but since it isn't a signed kext you should use it, for example, if you install it in the s/l/e or l/e directories, for the smbios, the mods i have done to your config in the smbios and rt variables, they should also let iMessage and Face Time to work if you are lucky, they works on my machine with that settings

yes, i know abut that, but since it isn't a signed kext you should use it, for example, if you install it in the s/l/e or l/e directories, for the smbios, the mods i have done to your config in the smbios and rt variables, they should also let iMessage and Face Time to work if you are lucky, they works on my machine with that settings

At me all perfectly works, including imessage etc. I specifically deleted the keys ROM, MLB, Serial etc. ))
Your driver i'm use in Clover. The driver is loaded.
post-340638-0-14811800-1497951666_thumb.png

But no output sound((

Kx audio driver

After trying with my gigabyte g1 sniper and creative onboard chip, which gives me two chanel output with a blistering bit rate of 32 normally I only get 24 bit not sure  how this came about but using chris voodoo had 889 which installs to the clover efi partition gave good two chanel results.

I also own an Asus 97A 892 sound, and wish to ask you about the kx audio driver

installed is the soundblaster live pci card using this card with the kx drivers (not your own version) I am only able to get 48 hz but no mention of the bit rate also that the black speaker out doesn't produce sound, I get front right front left, center and base. The card is 5.1 and I downloaded a five point one test video.

something I would like to ask and try to understand, the kx audio driver can the 48 hz be increased to say 96 or even 192?

how are the sound channels mapped out? and what of the bit rate ? I appreciate that macs natively put out 48 hz and that it is tied to the quicktime player?

=================

would love to learn more about mapping the sound outputs and also why it is that we know that hackintosh can put out higher bit rates 16,24,32 so not sure why the limit on the kx audio drivers, interested to learn about it though

regards

osxone

Asus z97 A usb 3.1

gigabyte g1 sniper

creative soundblaster 5.1 pci card

the sound channels are mapped, you have to use the midi configuration app that you find built in mac os to set the speakers in 5.1 mode, for the frequency the code in the driver is designed to handle only 48 khz sample rates (the cards itself can go up in sample rate, for exapmle the live cards can go up to 96 khz, the audigy up to 192 khz), for the bitrate the sound blaster live cards are limited to 16 bits, to get the 32 bits you have to use an audigy card, you can also try my driver, it has some fixes for the audio quality, and also proper support for the newer mac os versions and a new naming system for the sound cards

Hello,

Need help with Audigy 4 SB0610. Install driver but nothing changes. No output device, no control panel.

P.S. Mac OS Sierra 10.12.5

the kext seems to not be loaded, try to install it in system/library/extensions using kext utility and then reboot

E-mu 1820m, no sound output, all channels are visible in the system. Tried on sierra

can you send me a video of your system booting with -v?

To all the other people having the no sound problem, can you send me a video of your machine booting with -v?

the kext seems to not be loaded, try to install it in system/library/extensions using kext utility and then reboot

Hello,

iMac-UAnton:~ uanton$ kextstat | grep kX
  136    0 0xffffff7f82ef9000 0x3d000    0x3d000    com.kXProject.driver.kXAudioDriver (2.00b0) BE3142F1-03DB-3F40-92FD-31D891C0600E <87 12 5 4 3 1>

kjYD8MSNRVCDHqVpOR-37w.pngeCu2nr1-TOWiyvXUI25b7Q.png

But same time sound UP with integrated sound card. It's very strange.

fixing permissions...
permission fixing complete
loading KEXT...
Notice: Using running kernel architecture x86_64 to generate symbols.
Diagnostics for /System/Library/Extensions/kXAudioDriver.kext:
Code Signing Failure: not code signed
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/kXAudioDriver.kext"
kext signature failure override allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/kXAudioDriver.kext"
Defaulting to kernel file '/System/Library/Kernels/kernel'
Diagnostics for /System/Library/Extensions/kXAudioDriver.kext:
Code Signing Failure: not code signed
/System/Library/Extensions/kXAudioDriver.kext appears to be loadable (not including linkage for on-disk libraries).
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/kXAudioDriver.kext"
kext signature failure override allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/kXAudioDriver.kext"
Loading /System/Library/Extensions/kXAudioDriver.kext.
/System/Library/Extensions/kXAudioDriver.kext successfully loaded (or already loaded).
kext loading complete
processing kext cache...
rm: /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache: No such file or directory
rm: /System/Library/Extensions.mkext: No such file or directory
cache processing complete
Process complete

Not work on Creative audigy se :(

I am read all messages on this thread. 

PCI Devices:  https://prnt.sc/ftuj0i

KxAudio loaded, audio devices list is empty if voodoo full deleted.

My config attached.

BooterConfig 0x28, CsrActiveConfig 0x67

PCIRootUID=1 or not. npci=0x3000 or not

kex-dev-mode=1 

etc.

p.s. sorry for bad english 

Creative audigy se

Asus P8H61-M LE / USB3

Gtx-960 2Gb

Cpu i5-2310

El capitane 10.11.6

config.plist.zip

Can anyone confirm if this driver supports "Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX 5.1" ?

I'm considering buying it and don't have the specific SBXXXX or CTXXXX modal. 

Edit: Just found in another thread that it uses a different chip so it won't work. Thanks.

Can anyone confirm if this driver supports "Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX 5.1" ?

I'm considering buying it and don't have the specific SBXXXX or CTXXXX modal. 

Edit: Just found in another thread that it uses a different chip so it won't work. Thanks.

no it does not supports audigy fx, if you are looking for a pcie card that works with this driver, go with the audigy rx sb1550, if you want a good legacy pci card, go with the audigy 2 zs sb0350, if you want a cheap card with the legacy pci that works with this driver, look on eBay for a sound blaster live ct4830

Not work on Creative audigy se :(
I am read all messages on this thread. 
PCI Devices:  https://prnt.sc/ftuj0i
KxAudio loaded, audio devices list is empty if voodoo full deleted.
My config attached.
BooterConfig 0x28, CsrActiveConfig 0x67
PCIRootUID=1 or not. npci=0x3000 or not
kex-dev-mode=1 
etc.

p.s. sorry for bad english 

Creative audigy se
Asus P8H61-M LE / USB3
Gtx-960 2Gb
Cpu i5-2310
El capitane 10.11.6

i do not know if the audigy se works with this driver, i need the pci id and the subsys id for this card to verify that the card could work with this driver, but i don't think it could work with it, sound blaster audigy SA instead seems to be supported, but i don't have a card to test and confirm that to you

no it does not supports audigy fx, if you are looking for a pcie card that works with this driver, go with the audigy rx sb1550, if you want a good legacy pci card, go with the audigy 2 zs sb0350, if you want a cheap card with the legacy pci that works with this driver, look on eBay for a sound blaster live ct4830

i do not know if the audigy se works with this driver, i need the pci id and the subsys id for this card to verify that the card could work with this driver, but i don't think it could work with it, sound blaster audigy SA instead seems to be supported, but i don't have a card to test and confirm that to you

Thanks for the informative answer.

I ordered a $1 usb dongle for now but I'll check if the audigy rx is available around my area for a permanent solution. 

• Like 1

for the audigy se guy, i have checked the pci ids and your audigy se can't work with this driver since the chip is not supported by this driver, there is also a check point inside the driver that allows only devices compatible with it to work, so no hope for the audigy se with this driver

Thanks for the informative answer.

I ordered a $1 usb dongle for now but I'll check if the audigy rx is available around my area for a permanent solution. 

you can easily find online the audigy rx, i got mine on eBay, new from a shop in UK, for half the price (they used it as display item for some time, that's why it was so cheap), so you can find this kind of deals

for the audigy se guy, i have checked the pci ids and your audigy se can't work with this driver since the chip is not supported by this driver, there is also a check point inside the driver that allows only devices compatible with it to work, so no hope for the audigy se with this driver

you can easily find online the audigy rx, i got mine on eBay, new from a shop in UK, for half the price (they used it as display item for some time, that's why it was so cheap), so you can find this kind of deals

Are all audigy rx are sb1550? Is there anything I need to make sure before getting one?

Are all audigy rx are sb1550? Is there anything I need to make sure before getting one?

the audigy rx is only sb1550, so you should get the card with this model number

and this is what the card can looks like:

post-1390153-0-32269600-1499903428_thumb.jpg