Kx audio driver mod [Sound blaster live!, audigy 1/2/4/RX emu edsp]

ITzTravelInTime

584 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

My post states that I did install with your installer to s/l/e. I did see the driver in preferences, sound, output, but when I clicked on sound effects my system froze. This has happened since El Capitan. I wll try to install to kexts/10.12. I am using kext-dev-mode=1

kext-dev-mode=1 have no effects, since El Capitan you have to set BooterConfig 0x28 and CsrActiveConfig 0x3 (partially disabled SIP) or 0x67 (fully disabled SIP)

according to my test the driver will need at least kext-dev-mode=1 on real macs (since it is not code signed) and works properly hackintosh just by using BooterConfig 0x28 and CsrActiveConfig 0x3 or CsrActiveConfig 0x67 on hackintosh pcs, it will work fine, maybe it's another unknown problem on his machine, the same card with an installation of the driver done as i suggested to do it, just works fine fine on my testing machine on both yosemite and sierra

according to my test the driver will need at least kext-dev-mode=1 on real macs (since it is not code signed) and works properly hackintosh just by using BooterConfig 0x28 and CsrActiveConfig 0x3 or CsrActiveConfig 0x67 on hackintosh pcs, it will work fine, maybe it's another unknown problem on his machine, the same card with an installation of the driver done as i suggested to do it, just works fine fine on my testing machine on both yosemite and sierra

Perhaps you could upload your EFI Folder?

I have used the sound card since OS X Leopard. It worked all the way to Yosemite. It even worked with EL Capitan when I used Chameleon Enoch Boot loader. I have never gotten it to work using Clover. I have tried different mods of the Kx driver. I have tried another compatible Sound blaster card. Same result. The driver is loaded, but when I try to play sound the system freezes.

Hi friends! This driver works good in Sierra, but my Hackintosh not going to sleep periodically.

pmset -g assertions | grep PreventUserIdleSystemSleep

PreventUserIdleSystemSleep 1
pid 243(coreaudiod): [0x00005baf00018334] 00:10:00 PreventUserIdleSystemSleep named: "com.apple.audio.com_kXProject_driver_kXAudioEngine:0.context.preventuseridlesleep"

Hi friends! This driver works good in Sierra, but my Hackintosh not going to sleep periodically.

pid 243(coreaudiod): [0x00005baf00018334] 00:10:00 PreventUserIdleSystemSleep named: "com.apple.audio.com_kXProject_driver_kXAudioEngine:0.context.preventuseridlesleep"

Could you upload your EFI folder? What steps did you take to get your sound card working?

perhaps i have to made more tests, please, upload your efi folder so i can see how your hackintosh are working, sorry if i don't get to you an answer quickly, i had to work on mine submission for the wwdc scholarships and to an other small project, if i can, tomorrow i will upload the efi folder of one of mine testing machines in witch the driver works fine with sound cards you mentioned.

this will not work at 100% because the driver uses 8 audio engines, not only 1

for who asked here is the efi folder of one of mine systems, it miss only some networking drivers, but kx driver works fine on it using different intel cpu + nvidia gpu machines

Where is the  kx driver ? I don't see it in the kext folder. Looks like this is for the onboard sound.

it is missing because you have to use the kext i linked on the first post, in that efi folder i uploaded i was using an experimental build of the driver that i can't give to you now because of instability, but the lat version i linked to you will work too, please not that this efi folder will work only when using clover in legacy mode

is that ok for a the name of the sound card in the settings? I am adding some boot args to the driver, so some things like a more detailed name can be enabled using them, more info abut that feature soon

post-1390153-0-22221800-1492034806_thumb.png

Just a quick update:

Sometimes I still get sound issues. Sound gets distorted and gets louder and more quiet periodically in volume. That usually fixes itself after a short while.
Today however after wakeup only the right channel worked (had this before with "old" kx). Left speaker "dead". At some point it did work again, but another sleep killed the left channel again. Restart fixes this.

Any chance to get a SoundBlaster Live II recognized with this driver?

I tried the installer still no output found. :)

thanks for your work!

can you give me the model number of the card? something like SBXXXX or CTXXXX so I can tell to you if your card is supported by this driver

Just a quick update:

Sometimes I still get sound issues. Sound gets distorted and gets louder and more quiet periodically in volume. That usually fixes itself after a short while.

Today however after wakeup only the right channel worked (had this before with "old" kx). Left speaker "dead". At some point it did work again, but another sleep killed the left channel again. Restart fixes this.

i am also doing tests with seep and wakeup and it seems to work fine check if there are other sleep issues with your machine, for example without the sound card, maybe you have some problems with the card itself I suggest you to test the sound card under linux to exclude any possible hardware problem (if you still have that problems under linux the card is your problem, but cards compatibile with the kx driver are easy and cheap to find)

With the KX driver, do I still need  AppleHDA.kext   AppleHPET.kext?

if you will still have the on board audio to work (because kx audio driver is designed only for dedicated sound blaster cards) you have to keep AppleHDA.kext and i think you have to keep AppleHPET because that kext is used for the HPET system to get the pc to work wth mac os, so i suggest to keep both, but they are not needed to get kx audio driver to work, but maybe you should keep at least AppleHPET, but with clover that kext is not needed anymore because clover has it's own HPET fix system, but i don't know much about it, so you should ask someone else to have more info.

But i suggest to you to keep the AppleHDA kext because currently the kx audio driver does not support audio inputs, so you have too use another sound card or the on board audio to have some audio inputs to use in your machine

can you give me the model number of the card? something like SBXXXX or CTXXXX so I can tell to you if your card is supported by this driver

i am also doing tests with seep and wakeup and it seems to work fine check if there are other sleep issues with your machine, for example without the sound card, maybe you have some problems with the card itself I suggest you to test the sound card under linux to exclude any possible hardware problem (if you still have that problems under linux the card is your problem, but cards compatibile with the kx driver are easy and cheap to find)

Thank you, I do have the same issues in Linux. Since the drivers are not related to each other I really guess it's my card's problem, especially considering my old emu10k1 SB Live! never had those problems under Linux or OSX.

Stupid me gave it away.

Do you know if there's a compatible PCIe kX supported card? To be future-proof if I buy a new one..

Thank you, I do have the same issues in Linux. Since the drivers are not related to each other I really guess it's my card's problem, especially considering my old emu10k1 SB Live! never had those problems under Linux or OSX.

Stupid me gave it away.

Do you know if there's a compatible PCIe kX supported card? To be future-proof if I buy a new one..

I suggest to you to find a used audigy 2 zs if you want to still use a pci card, or if you want a pcie card there is the audigy rx sb1550 (that I own) that is compatible with this driver and works fine with it (it is not fully compatible with the original kx driver, I added the support for it in mine driver mod) you can still find it new on amazon.For the others you have to look on eBay, and also if you want a cheaper card you can look for older sound blaster live 5.1 or just a standard live card, all of them will be compatible with macOS

• 2 weeks later...

Just some pictures from the last test sessions of the driver, i used a socket 775 system with an asus, p5b se, 2gb of ddr2 800 ram, pentium dual core e2200, geforce 210, on mac os x yosemite, i used a lot of cards at the same time to see what the driver does: i used the sound blaster live ct4830 (3 of them), sb0060, sb0220 audigy 2 zs sb0350, and the only compatible pcie card i have tested, the sound blaster audigy rx, for now the driver initializes all the cards, but only a random one will appear in system preferences as usable audio device, i am still finding a solution to how to let the driver to show all the devices in system preferences

post-1390153-0-62184000-1493384559_thumb.jpg

post-1390153-0-99624200-1493384566_thumb.jpg

post-1390153-0-21930000-1493384579_thumb.jpg

post-1390153-0-05061300-1493384606_thumb.jpg

post-1390153-0-95136700-1493384616_thumb.jpg

post-1390153-0-34825900-1493384695_thumb.jpg

Just some pictures from the last test sessions of the driver, i used a socket 775 system with an asus, p5b se, 2gb of ddr2 800 ram, pentium dual core e2200, geforce 210, on mac os x yosemite, i used a lot of cards at the same time to see what the driver does: i used the sound blaster live ct4830 (3 of them), sb0060, sb0220 audigy 2 zs sb0350, and the only compatible pcie card i have tested, the sound blaster audigy rx, for now the driver initializes all the cards, but only a random one will appear in system preferences as usable audio device, i am still finding a solution to how to let the driver to show all the devices in system preferences

Have you tried the same setup with El Capitan and Sierra?