Unable to use DisplayPort on an Nvidia GTX570 HD 2.5gb

Eidola

2 posts in this topic

I have been trying to get the DisplayPort on my GTX570HD 2.5gb card to work, but so far no-joy.

I am running El Capitan 10.11.6 using the iMac 10,1 system identifier.

This card is unusual as it has 4 output ports, 2x DVI, 1x HDMI and 1x DisplayPort... however, for some reason 1 of the DVI ports and the HDMI port do not seem to function, under macOS or under Windows. I don't know why they don't show up, but under Windows it only displays 1 DVI port and 1 DP port, the others are simply not detected... though the card works fine and as it can only use two of the four ports it's not a big deal if they don't work.

Under Windows the DisplayPort does work (using a DP to DVI adaptor), although it doesn't display anything until the OS has fully booted. However, under macOS I am unable to get any sort of signal out of the port.

I was thinking perhaps the NVCAP may not be set correctly via Enoch as this card is a bit unusual with having 4 output ports... is there any way to determine the NVCAP and Display-Cfg parameters from within windows?

Has anyone had any luck getting the DisplayPort on the GTX570HD 2.5gb card working?

If anyone can assist me it would be greatly appreciated. Please let me know whatever information you may require!

Also, I tried downloading the web drivers from nVidia, but all that happened there was my monitor turned itself off. I was able to screen-share and reset things back to the macOS drivers, thankfully!

I am thinking the graphics enablers may not be setting the device capabilities correctly due to the card having 4 ports instead of the usual three. Sadly, the main site that talks about the display-cfg parameter seems to be offline! :(

Well, this thread can be ignored now, I have a working second monitor.

Apparently the video bios on my graphics card wasn't quite right... after re-flashing it the other two missing ports reappeared and I was able to hook up two DVI connectors under macOS and they both work.

For some reason the DisplayPort to DVI adaptor cable still didn't work under macOS but since both DVI ports work that just means I have an extra DP to DVI cable now! ;)