[Guide] Sierra/High Sierra on mobos Serie 200 / KabyLake / DSDT

* * * * * 9 votes #kabylake #dsdt #sierra #installation #olarila #intel gigabyte asus asrock #highsierra

• Please log in to reply
978 replies to this topic

blackbird_n1

blackbird_n1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Thank you very very much MaLd0n

I'll test this weekend and will report.

Mille grazie 

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

...filling veins with juice of chaos...

• Moderators
  • 15,949 posts
  • Interests:HacksLikeMacs

Guys, if need edited DSDT, post files, check first post

Welcome!

babyboi

babyboi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Hello MaLd0n!

I finally got all of my files together and I need your help editing my DSDT. My objective is to enable USB 3.0 and to run full speed on my motherboard. Here is the link to my files due to attachment limitations:

https://www.dropbox.... files.zip?dl=0

Note: I did not replace my clover folder with yours as instructed. (I am running El Capitan 10.11.4) 

My hardware configuration:

CPU: Intel i7 7700

MB: Asus Z270G with Wifi/BT

Graphics: GTX 980

Case: Phanteks Evolv ATX

Storage: 256 GB SATA SSD

superchase9000

superchase9000

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Nvme, use pike patches

attachicon.gifCLOVER superchase9000.zip

Damn you went to work! Ironically, I got the install to work using Pike's patches on 10.12.6 like before, but making another (3rd) boot stick with ##### instead of createinstallmedia worked. I just switched out the plist and drivers to be custom for the board. I bet it was just a corrupted installer. I appreciate the help! Your EFI here matches the one I made, so I'm guessing that two people with the same result should be a good idea?

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

• Moderators
  • 15,949 posts

Hello MaLd0n!

I finally got all of my files together and I need your help editing my DSDT. My objective is to enable USB 3.0 and to run full speed on my motherboard. Here is the link to my files due to attachment limitations:

https://www.dropbox.... files.zip?dl=0

Note: I did not replace my clover folder with yours as instructed. (I am running El Capitan 10.11.4) 

My hardware configuration:

CPU: Intel i7 7700

MB: Asus Z270G with Wifi/BT

Graphics: GTX 980

Case: Phanteks Evolv ATX

Storage: 256 GB SATA SSD

use Sierra 10.12.6 or High Sierra for native support

Attached File  CLOVER.zip   2.31MB   10 downloads

Damn you went to work! Ironically, I got the install to work using Pike's patches on 10.12.6 like before, but making another (3rd) boot stick with Unibeast instead of createinstallmedia worked. I just switched out the plist and drivers to be custom for the board. I bet it was just a corrupted installer. I appreciate the help! Your EFI here matches the one I made, so I'm guessing that two people with the same result should be a good idea?

;)

babyboi

babyboi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

use Sierra 10.12.6 or High Sierra for native support

attachicon.gifCLOVER.zip

;)

Thank you sir! I will try this when I get to home to my Hackintosh. Should I start over from scratch and install Sierra/High Sierra, then replace with your Clover to get USB 3 working? 

gagaraz

gagaraz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Works perfectly ! Thank you very much MaLd0n. ( GA-z270 Gaming k3 bios F8 + 7700k + Nvidia gtx 1070 + ssd 960 samsung evo 500 Gb. )

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

• Moderators
  • 15,949 posts

Thank you sir! I will try this when I get to home to my Hackintosh. Should I start over from scratch and install Sierra/High Sierra, then replace with your Clover to get USB 3 working? 

ye

kabylake need 10.12.6 or HS for native support

Works perfectly ! Thank you very much MaLd0n. ( GA-z270 Gaming k3 bios F8 + 7700k + Nvidia gtx 1070 + ssd 960 samsung evo 500 Gb. )

welcome

enjoy

z0rian

z0rian

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hey MaLd0n,

your support is amazing! So here is my Setup:

i7 7700k

Asus ROG Strix z270i

32 Gb RAM

GTX 1060 3GB

Samsung 960 pro 512GB

macOS 10.13

So far my System is running quit good, im having Geforce web driver installed and working. The Setup even sleeps properly and front Panel USB's are working. Im having trouble getting full USB 3.0 speed, there are Sound devices detected but no sound coming form them, also HDMI Sound would be nice. I hope you can help me out with your DSDT's.

thx a lot!

Attached Files

TrustAugustus

TrustAugustus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Thanks MaLd0n. I appreciate what you are doing for everyone. 

The DSDT and/or clover you provided me doesn't seem to work. I get panics (and a weird Don't steal macOS). I've went back to mine for the time being. Thanks!

gagaraz

gagaraz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
try now TrustAugustus

TrustAugustus add EFi =BOOT/BOOTX64.efi . add EFI =CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi

Attached Files

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

• Moderators
  • 15,949 posts

Hey MaLd0n,

your support is amazing! So here is my Setup:

i7 7700k

Asus ROG Strix z270i

32 Gb RAM

GTX 1060 3GB

Samsung 960 pro 512GB

macOS 10.13

So far my System is running quit good, im having Geforce web driver installed and working. The Setup even sleeps properly and front Panel USB's are working. Im having trouble getting full USB 3.0 speed, there are Sound devices detected but no sound coming form them, also HDMI Sound would be nice. I hope you can help me out with your DSDT's.

thx a lot!

Attached File  CLOVER.zip   2.36MB   8 downloads

Thanks MaLd0n. I appreciate what you are doing for everyone. 

The DSDT and/or clover you provided me doesn't seem to work. I get panics (and a weird Don't steal macOS). I've went back to mine for the time being. Thanks!

use fresh install and follow first post

z0rian

z0rian

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

You deserver a Medal! At first it did not work so i made a fresh install with the provided clover folder, USB and audio is now working properly! Thanks so much!

The only thing is, for the fresh install i had to fiddle around with the clover folder you gave me. I was running into "Error loading kernel cache (0xe)" when trying to boot. I swept out OsxAptioFixDrv-64 with OsxAptioFixDrv2-64 which fixed it. Also keyboard and mouse did not work during install so using newest USBInjectAll fixed that one. I also disabled the Nvidiawebdriver in config.plist and just set nvidiasingle. Finally on the Desktop "everything" worked i tested USB 3.0 Speed and front and back panel audio out. Then i installed EFI Partion on boot drive and rebooted, now im running into "Error loading kernel cache (0xe)" again and can't boot to the desktop. I think with some fiddling around i can make it to boot properly, but maybe you have a solution for that too.

Im so happy right now to know that its possible to make it run! If possible i want to donate!

edit: i updated all kexts except for AppleALC and CodecCommander i hope thats no problem!

stehor

stehor

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 113 posts
  • Interests:MacMini6,1/asrock z97m anniversary/4790/hd4600 ozmosis/skylake builds asus h170m-e/i3-7100/16g r...

when using osxoptiofix2 use boot arg slide=128 that will solve the kernelchache issue most of the time good luck

7R0N

7R0N

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I'm running a fresh install of 10.13 (17A405) including the Nvidia web driver and CUDA driver. I'm having some issues with Finder taking a while to show up in some instances (says not responding) and some general Safari/Finder/Desktop lag. Would you mind taking a look at my clover folder and files please? The general boot up is fine but it doesn't seem particularly stable once on the desktop which leads me to believe that this is a DSDT/power management issue.

Thank you in advance.

Attached Files

z0rian

z0rian

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

You deserver a Medal! At first it did not work so i made a fresh install with the provided clover folder, USB and audio is now working properly! Thanks so much!

The only thing is, for the fresh install i had to fiddle around with the clover folder you gave me. I was running into "Error loading kernel cache (0xe)" when trying to boot. I swept out OsxAptioFixDrv-64 with OsxAptioFixDrv2-64 which fixed it. Also keyboard and mouse did not work during install so using newest USBInjectAll fixed that one. I also disabled the Nvidiawebdriver in config.plist and just set nvidiasingle. Finally on the Desktop "everything" worked i tested USB 3.0 Speed and front and back panel audio out. Then i installed EFI Partion on boot drive and rebooted, now im running into "Error loading kernel cache (0xe)" again and can't boot to the desktop. I think with some fiddling around i can make it to boot properly, but maybe you have a solution for that too.

Im so happy right now to know that its possible to make it run! If possible i want to donate!

edit: i updated all kexts except for AppleALC and CodecCommander i hope thats no problem!

so i exchanged the apfs.efi with the one from my installer, that did the trick.

steeg370

steeg370

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi MaLd0n, If you would be so kind as to help me I would really appreciate it! Thanks in advance!

Attached Files

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

• Moderators
  • 15,949 posts

I'm running a fresh install of 10.13 (17A405) including the Nvidia web driver and CUDA driver. I'm having some issues with Finder taking a while to show up in some instances (says not responding) and some general Safari/Finder/Desktop lag. Would you mind taking a look at my clover folder and files please? The general boot up is fine but it doesn't seem particularly stable once on the desktop which leads me to believe that this is a DSDT/power management issue.

Thank you in advance.

Use fresh install

Attached File  CLOVER.zip   2.3MB   0 downloads

Hi MaLd0n, If you would be so kind as to help me I would really appreciate it! Thanks in advance!

what mobo, processor and GPU?

steeg370

steeg370

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

what mobo, processor and GPU?

Sorry...

GB H270M-DS3H

i5-7400

i5 HD630 GPU

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: #kabylake, #dsdt, #sierra, #installation, #olarila, #intel, gigabyte, asus, asrock, #highsierra

Topic Stats Last Post Info

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy