[Guide] Catalina / BigSur / Monterey on mobos Serie 100 / 200 / 300 / 400 / 500 / 600 SkyLake / KabyLake / CoffeeLake / CometLake / RocketLake / AlderLake DSDT

MaLd0n
5,455 posts in this topic

Hey MaLd0n,

your support is amazing! So here is my Setup:

i7 7700k

Asus ROG Strix z270i

32 Gb RAM

GTX 1060 3GB

Samsung 960 pro 512GB

macOS 10.13

So far my System is running quit good, im having Geforce web driver installed and working. The Setup even sleeps properly and front Panel USB's are working. Im having trouble getting full USB 3.0 speed, there are Sound devices detected but no sound coming form them, also HDMI Sound would be nice. I hope you can help me out with your DSDT's.

thx a lot!

CLOVER.zip

Thanks MaLd0n. I appreciate what you are doing for everyone. 

The DSDT and/or clover you provided me doesn't seem to work. I get panics (and a weird Don't steal macOS). I've went back to mine for the time being. Thanks!

use fresh install and follow first post

• Like 2

You deserver a Medal! At first it did not work so i made a fresh install with the provided clover folder, USB and audio is now working properly! Thanks so much!

The only thing is, for the fresh install i had to fiddle around with the clover folder you gave me. I was running into "Error loading kernel cache (0xe)" when trying to boot. I swept out OsxAptioFixDrv-64 with OsxAptioFixDrv2-64 which fixed it. Also keyboard and mouse did not work during install so using newest USBInjectAll fixed that one. I also disabled the Nvidiawebdriver in config.plist and just set nvidiasingle. Finally on the Desktop "everything" worked i tested USB 3.0 Speed and front and back panel audio out. Then i installed EFI Partion on boot drive and rebooted, now im running into "Error loading kernel cache (0xe)" again and can't boot to the desktop. I think with some fiddling around i can make it to boot properly, but maybe you have a solution for that too.

Im so happy right now to know that its possible to make it run! If possible i want to donate!

edit: i updated all kexts except for AppleALC and CodecCommander i hope thats no problem!

• Like 1

when using osxoptiofix2 use boot arg slide=128 that will solve the kernelchache issue most of the time good luck

• Like 1

I'm running a fresh install of 10.13 (17A405) including the Nvidia web driver and CUDA driver. I'm having some issues with Finder taking a while to show up in some instances (says not responding) and some general Safari/Finder/Desktop lag. Would you mind taking a look at my clover folder and files please? The general boot up is fine but it doesn't seem particularly stable once on the desktop which leads me to believe that this is a DSDT/power management issue.

Thank you in advance.

CLOVER.zip

ioreg_imac.zip

Send me iMac.zip

• Like 1

You deserver a Medal! At first it did not work so i made a fresh install with the provided clover folder, USB and audio is now working properly! Thanks so much!

The only thing is, for the fresh install i had to fiddle around with the clover folder you gave me. I was running into "Error loading kernel cache (0xe)" when trying to boot. I swept out OsxAptioFixDrv-64 with OsxAptioFixDrv2-64 which fixed it. Also keyboard and mouse did not work during install so using newest USBInjectAll fixed that one. I also disabled the Nvidiawebdriver in config.plist and just set nvidiasingle. Finally on the Desktop "everything" worked i tested USB 3.0 Speed and front and back panel audio out. Then i installed EFI Partion on boot drive and rebooted, now im running into "Error loading kernel cache (0xe)" again and can't boot to the desktop. I think with some fiddling around i can make it to boot properly, but maybe you have a solution for that too.

Im so happy right now to know that its possible to make it run! If possible i want to donate!

edit: i updated all kexts except for AppleALC and CodecCommander i hope thats no problem!

so i exchanged the apfs.efi with the one from my installer, that did the trick.

• Like 1

I'm running a fresh install of 10.13 (17A405) including the Nvidia web driver and CUDA driver. I'm having some issues with Finder taking a while to show up in some instances (says not responding) and some general Safari/Finder/Desktop lag. Would you mind taking a look at my clover folder and files please? The general boot up is fine but it doesn't seem particularly stable once on the desktop which leads me to believe that this is a DSDT/power management issue.

Thank you in advance.

Use fresh install

CLOVER.zip

Hi MaLd0n, If you would be so kind as to help me I would really appreciate it! Thanks in advance!

what mobo, processor and GPU?

• Like 2

Hi, MaLd0n! First of all, thanks for your efforts here to make people happier with their hackintoshes!
Btw, I've just installed High Sierra 10.13 on my pc: 

Gigabyte GA-Z270M-D3H (rev. 1.0), 

Intel i7-7700,

iGPU HD 630

Everything works well instead of internal GPU. It works in general but I can use only 1 hdmi monitor unfortunately. I have another monitor that connected to DVI with HDMI adapter and it works if I unplug the first one but not both in the same time. Please take a look in my files attached, may be you can provide patched dsdt or another solution that help me.

Thank you in advance.

CLOVER_brutalMac2.zip
ioreg_brutalMac2.zip
Send me_brutalMac2.zip

• Like 1

Hi Mald0n,

I have a new 8700K on Z370XP mobo, got it running on 10.12.6 but with lots of issues like USB, sleep, and power management in general. Please take a look if you can,

Thanks in advance :)

OHHH, good, thx

CLOVER.zip

• Like 2

Hi, MaLd0n! First of all, thanks for your efforts here to make people happier with their hackintoshes!

Btw, I've just installed High Sierra 10.13 on my pc: 

Gigabyte GA-Z270M-D3H (rev. 1.0), 

Intel i7-7700,

iGPU HD 630

Everything works well instead of internal GPU. It works in general but I can use only 1 hdmi monitor unfortunately. I have another monitor that connected to DVI with HDMI adapter and it works if I unplug the first one but not both in the same time. Please take a look in my files attached, may be you can provide patched dsdt or another solution that help me.

Thank you in advance.

attachicon.gifCLOVER_brutalMac2.zip

attachicon.gifioreg_brutalMac2.zip

attachicon.gifSend me_brutalMac2.zip

video = clover config

CLOVER.zip

• Like 2

OHHH, good, thx

attachicon.gifCLOVER.zip

Thank you very much, almost everything works great except couple of things:

USB3 is really slow, it works a little bit faster than USB2 but still much slower than USB3 suppose to be,

And the boot process takes looong minutes, on the attached picture it slows down on the following 3 lines:

"IOPPF: XCPM mode", "HID: Legacy shim 2", and the bottom line "Ethernet [intelMausi]: Link up on en0".

post-263039-0-62027400-1509009388_thumb.jpeg

Z370’s iMac.ioreg.zip

• Like 1

Thank you very much, almost everything works great except couple of things:

USB3 is really slow, it works a little bit faster than USB2 but still much slower than USB3 suppose to be,

And the boot process takes looong minutes, on the attached picture it slows down on the following 3 lines:

"IOPPF: XCPM mode", "HID: Legacy shim 2", and the bottom line "Ethernet [intelMausi]: Link up on en0".

attachicon.gifFile 26-10-2017, 12 10 28.jpeg

last clover version? i think is a inject kext problem

Thankyou for your good post.

Can you help me with my DSDT?

CLOVER.zip

• Like 2

Hi MaLd0n!

Thanks a lot for the work done. Have 2 questions to you.

First: i have same mobo (GB z270 gaming k3), i5 7500 and EVGA GTX 1060 6GB (nvidia driver is installed and working well). OS High Sierra.

How do you think to use your DSDT and ssdt files is the right method?

And second question: my Realtek ALC1220 does not work. I can't find the right recipe and your link in a first post is not working. Can you tell me how to activate audio?

• Like 1

Hi MaLd0n!

Thanks a lot for the work done. Have 2 questions to you.

First: i have same mobo (GB z270 gaming k3), i5 7500 and EVGA GTX 1060 6GB (nvidia driver is installed and working well). OS High Sierra.

How do you think to use your DSDT and ssdt files is the right method?

And second question: my Realtek ALC1220 does not work. I can't find the right recipe and your link in a first post is not working. Can you tell me how to activate audio?

dont use my dsdt, only if u have same bios version and same mobo, u need extract ur DSDT and edit

all hacks need DSDT edit

• Like 1