[Guide] Catalina / BigSur / Monterey on mobos Serie 100 / 200 / 300 / 400 / 500 / 600 SkyLake / KabyLake / CoffeeLake / CometLake / RocketLake / AlderLake DSDT

MaLd0n
5,455 posts in this topic

Welcome!

Enjoy!

Welcome!

Enjoy!

Same results as before, CPU runs at beginning at idle but when run a CPU heavy App then quit the frequency stays high at above 4 GHz of course no any apps runs at background, here is what I did:

deleted all sensors kexts, restarted and installed Intel Power Gadget

It doesn't matter its maybe because this chip is not fully supported from Apple, I hope next gen iMac will run with Coffee Lake, thanks for all help.

post-1643283-0-34864300-1518653810_thumb.png

• Like 1

Thank you!

Everything appears to be working great!

welcome

enjoy

Same results as before, CPU runs at beginning at idle but when run a CPU heavy App then quit the frequency stays high at above 4 GHz of course no any apps runs at background, here is what I did:

deleted all sensors kexts, restarted and installed Intel Power Gadget

It doesn't matter its maybe because this chip is not fully supported from Apple, I hope next gen iMac will run with Coffee Lake, thanks for all help.

send me ur config.plist

• Like 1

test 1

attachicon.gifCLOVER.zip

DONT CHANGE NOTHING, REPLACE, REBOOT

Didn't change anything, replaced and rebooted.

After exporting video with Premiere Pro the frequency went high as it should, after quit it went down to normal..

Opened iTunes played a song for like 10 sec then iTunes freezes with song playing normally but CPU went to max at that point, after 30 sec the song bar continued (iTunes un-freeze) but CPU stayed there and even after I quit iTunes, now if I play iTunes it'll be no any freeze, this happens since I installed the 8700K, it happens also when I open FCP, it takes some time to load but the App runs great with CPU frequency almost at max.

Do you thing is OS X and 8700K related?

• Like 1

Didn't change anything, replaced and rebooted.

After exporting video with Premiere Pro the frequency went high as it should, after quit it went down to normal..

Opened iTunes played a song for like 10 sec then iTunes freezes with song playing normally but CPU went to max at that point, after 30 sec the song bar continued (iTunes un-freeze) but CPU stayed there and even after I quit iTunes, now if I play iTunes it'll be no any freeze, this happens since I installed the 8700K, it happens also when I open FCP, it takes some time to load but the App runs great with CPU frequency almost at max.

Do you thing is OS X and 8700K related?

run it, post result here

VDADecoderChecker.zip

use it

config.plist.zip

• Like 1

VDADecoder reported this before and after the new config.plist

Last login: Thu Feb 15 03:43:00 on console

Apples-iMac-2:~ apple$ /Users/apple/Downloads/VDADecoderChecker-2 ; exit;

GVA info: Successfully connected to the Intel plugin, offline Gen95 

Hardware acceleration is fully supported

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

The problem with iTunes and CPU still the same before and after the new config.plist

• Like 1

VDADecoder reported this before and after the new config.plist

Last login: Thu Feb 15 03:43:00 on console

Apples-iMac-2:~ apple$ /Users/apple/Downloads/VDADecoderChecker-2 ; exit;

GVA info: Successfully connected to the Intel plugin, offline Gen95 

Hardware acceleration is fully supported

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

The problem with iTunes and CPU still the same before and after the new config.plist

for PM u can try generate one SSDT with Piker script

try disable IntelHDGraphics

for PM u can try generate one SSDT with Piker script

try disable IntelHDGraphics

I had always IGFX disabled in my Hacks coz I don't like it but with 10.13 and RX Vega the FCPX and DaVinci Resolve crash when export H264 video, only Premier Pro did that fine. With IGFX enabled all Apps export H264 with no problem.

Anyway I still don't need IGFX and will try tomorrow and report back, needs some time to modify plist and BIOS again and its too late here 4.20 AM  :)

Thanks for your time for today

• Like 1

I had always IGFX disabled in my Hacks coz I don't like it but with 10.13 and RX Vega the FCPX and DaVinci Resolve crash when export H264 video, only Premier Pro did that fine. With IGFX enabled all Apps export H264 with no problem.

Anyway I still don't need IGFX and will try tomorrow and report back, needs some time to modify plist and BIOS again and its too late here 4.20 AM  :)

Thanks for your time for today

k

many ppl in all foruns have a same problems, start after 10.13.3, fix intel security bug discovery...bad

• Like 1

k

many ppl in all foruns have a same problems, start after 10.13.3, fix intel security bug discovery...bad

Tried to disable IGFX in BIOS and modified Clover folder but still gave me the same problem with iTunes, now I went to enable IGFX and modify Clover folder again to have that H264 video export ability.

it can be iTunes and Apple server communication problem (as I saw in an official OS X update listed as fixed maybe it still not), sure not big problem for me, I can deal with it as the machine runs perfect with all apps including iTunes despite CPU running up and down at high frequency, I underclocked from BIOS to 4.50 GHz and still have result of 29K in Geekbench 4 which is very good.

Thank you for all your support and time, much appreciated  :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1

Tried to disable IGFX in BIOS and modified Clover folder but still gave me the same problem with iTunes, now I went to enable IGFX and modify Clover folder again to have that H264 video export ability.

it can be iTunes and Apple server communication problem (as I saw in an official OS X update listed as fixed maybe it still not), sure not big problem for me, I can deal with it as the machine runs perfect with all apps including iTunes despite CPU running up and down at high frequency, I underclocked from BIOS to 4.50 GHz and still have result of 29K in Geekbench 4 which is very good.

Thank you for all your support and time, much appreciated  :thumbsup_anim:

frequencies work now?

• Like 1

Frequency works if I don't use iTunes, but if I open iTunes the frequency goes high all the time till I restart.. When frequencies is high the system still works normally and even iTunes

go to 10.13.4 beta 2 and check if solve

• Like 1

Hi MaLd0n, 

I ask your help for my first build: I called it Hiro :) and after a couple of week it is almost stable and all stuff works.
Some weeks ago I downloaded one of your .dsdt file from a user with my same configuration but I had some issues with sleep/wake.

For this reason I stopped using that .dsdt file. Having said that, I don't have a strong technical background, so I'd appreciate if you could check my system and generate a custom .dsdt file. 

Hiro is based on Rog Strix Z270G, 4,2 GHz Intel Core i7 7700K, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Radeon RX 560 4 GB and MacOs High Sierra 10.13.3 (17D47) startup disk is on Samsung SSD 960 EVO 250GB.

I'll soon substitute RX 560 with a new RX Vega 56, and I think I will manage fan speed issue: What do you think about changing value for "PP_PhmUseDummyBackEnd" from 0 to ? It is a good fix?

Attached you can find my RunMe'd files, my clover config.plist.zip and SSDT files I charging. Here the entire EFI Clover https://www.dropbox.com/s/k7a8antny09ko87/EFI.zip?dl=0

Thank you for your Time!  :thumbsup_anim:

Send me Hiro.zip

config.plist.zip

SSDTs.zip

• Like 1

Hi MaLd0n, 

I ask your help for my first build: I called it Hiro :) and after a couple of week it is almost stable and all stuff works.

Some weeks ago I downloaded one of your .dsdt file from a user with my same configuration but I had some issues with sleep/wake.

For this reason I stopped using that .dsdt file. Having said that, I don't have a strong technical background, so I'd appreciate if you could check my system and generate a custom .dsdt file. 

Hiro is based on Rog Strix Z270G, 4,2 GHz Intel Core i7 7700K, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Radeon RX 560 4 GB and MacOs High Sierra 10.13.3 (17D47) startup disk is on Samsung SSD 960 EVO 250GB.

I'll soon substitute RX 560 with a new RX Vega 56, and I think I will manage fan speed issue: What do you think about changing value for "PP_PhmUseDummyBackEnd" from 0 to ? It is a good fix?

Attached you can find my RunMe'd files, my clover config.plist.zip and SSDT files I charging. Here the entire EFI Clover https://www.dropbox.com/s/k7a8antny09ko87/EFI.zip?dl=0

Thank you for your Time!  :thumbsup_anim:

dont need ssdt

CLOVER.zip

check kexts in folder other

use last whatevergreen, check folder other

• Like 1

Hi Mald0n,

I fixed the problem with iTunes freeze on my system Z370N Wifi which was causing CPU frequency to go high, it appears the new iTunes update was causing the issue, fresh installed 10.13.3 (17D47) and stopped App Store updates now iTunes works like a charm, when I update to the new iTunes it will freeze again for while and cause the frequency to go high too.

But now I'm in a new problem with high frequency, if I eject any USB drive CPU frequency go high again and stays there, if I just pull the USB out the frequency will stay normal, I know it sounds weird but that how it is  :(

I tried all different USB patches possible and also left it without any patch but it does the same thing

Also, if any USB is connected the PC will automatically start after any shutdown, if no USB the system will shutdown normal 

• Like 1