Sierra OSX Unable to mount disk for Repair

Mehrab

22 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am experiencing some difficulty installing Mac OSX Sierra. When I boot the install from the USB it loads up correctly. But when I goto install the OS on to the disk, it says "Unable to Disk for Repair" and stop the install.

I am using a Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI (having trouble creating the DSDT,aml if anyone can upload one) and an i5 7400 Intel 7th Gen CPU with an AMD RX 480 graphics card.

Does anyone know how I can complete the install?

Also, here is a copy of my DSDT.aml dump from AIDA64 if anyone can give me a hand patching it. 

post-211353-0-77203500-1489282954_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Thank you for the quick reply, your tutorial worked. I was able to use your clover.plist with a skylake FakeCPUID. 

Im not sure whats happening I uploaded my DSDT and SSDT as a zip to the post twice and it does not show

Attempt 3 of Upload

DSDT.zip

I created my installer using BDU for Clover, I extracted the Sierra Installer from the Niresh Sierra-Zone USB.

Right now I am just using Intel graphics HD. My ATI card is plugged but not being used by the computer. And and I not have access to a Mac.

I tried safe mode and all other settings and keep getting stuck at the same screen.

Ok, I wasn't able to get the Sierra-Zone OSX verison to boot, so I decided to try to install the Vanilla version of the OSX. I used the same clover files you provided me, but when I do so the installer stops loading at the HID Legacy Shim 2 point.

When I try the installer with the provided DSDT.aml (both) it stops at the TSCync error, I tried modifying TSCync kext in the folder but that only results in kernel panics. 

Maybe you can provide me a bit of assistance ?

post-211353-0-04868900-1489348396_thumb.jpg

post-211353-0-27047300-1489348409_thumb.jpg

Hey,

Just wanted to update my situation. I solved my problem by removing my GPU (believe it is defective). Deleted the Bluetooth kext from System/Library/Extensions and was able to install the Vanilla version of Sierra.

• Like 1