So close! [i7-7700k and Z170mx-Gaming 5] Can't boot into installer

gachogavacho

51 posts in this topic

Well, I'm not sure what to do at this point so im uploading my entire EFI folder to see if someone knows what i'm doing wrong. Followed a few guides in the forums.

I'm using Clover 2.4k r4035
I have used clover configurator to do the following:

Set FakeCPUID to 0x0506E3 (since Kaby Lake isn't yet supported?)

Tried booting with OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi

All this did was create a few lines of text with "+++++++++++++++++++" Which other's have reported changing FakeCPUID fixes. and then the computer restarts over and over again.

Tried booting with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi 

I Get: OsxAptioFixDrv error: requested memory exceeds our allocated relocation block.

I've tried both these options with cpus=1

I'm not sure if my BIOS settings are accurate and I saw some conflicting info but I loaded optimized defaults and then did the following:

Enabled Extreme Memory Profile(X.M.P.) I Choose [Profile1] it's crucial to choose this option if you want your memory modules to work with their full frequency (mine is 3400), Fast Boot is disabled, CMS Support is Enabled, Windows 8/10 Features is set to Windows 8/10, Storage Boot Option Control is UEFI Only, LAN PXE Boot Option is disabled, Other PCI Device RPM Priority is UEFI Only and Network Stack is Disabled and Secure Boot State is Disabled.

VT-d is disabled, Internal Graphics is set to Auto, Audio Controller is Enabled, Wake on LAN and High Precision Timer are Enabled. Under Super IO Configuration Serial Port must be disabled as well.

I feel like i'm missing some few obvious things but this is the first time I've installed MacOS Hackintosh where I've had to do a lot of hacking at the configuration. The last time I did it was with Mavericks and it was almost entirely a breeze. 

EFI.zip

• Like 1

@mfc88 ...i mentioned above that I tried them both and my version of that file are all clover 2.4 r4035 EFI drivers. Not sure which version that is. But they both gave me errors.

The link I've provided is a modified OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi with 512MB of unallocated memory (versus Clover's 128MB). If still getting memory allocation errors, you can use this: 20000_OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi.zip or OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi (only use one, not both)

• Like 1

try it

attachicon.gifconfig.plist.zip

need fakecpuid and fakeid for intelHD, but, for install dont need video enable, try

:hyper::thumbsup_anim:    :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:

It booted. I didn't even look at the files you sent over the first time so I didn't see fakecpu was missing and I also didn't know about the Intel graphics. You saved me and really know your stuff!

Now i'm off to try the install. I'll have to read up on which things to include for final install for USB 3.1, graphics, etc.

Big thank you!

• Like 1

MaLd0n, Here are those reg files. I was able to install without issues. I have not ran post install but have tried to install drivers (mac supported) on a cheap wifi adapter while I wait for the better one to arrive. I've never ran ioreg or runme before but I can see they give you information about my hardware installed, very nice. 

I'd love to know what adjustments you made in the EFI folder you sent me, since I see the config.plist you noted the fakecpu and intel hardware ID's were missing after. I still have to make sure I run post install with whatever is needed for complete install.

thank you!!!!

Send me iMac.zip

iMac.ioreg.zip

• Like 1

Install Clover in UEFI mode

https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/files/Installer/Clover_v2.4k_r4035.zip/download

with options

attachicon.gifDaNiEl 2017-03-10 às 10.21.57.png

after replace full folder, just replace

attachicon.gifCLOVER.zip

if work, send me new ioreg after reboot

MaLd0n, I'm sad to say that when I installed Clover to Sierra, and then replaced the folder with your upload, it restarts in a loop. I will attach pictures.

I am able to boot up with the previous clover configuration from my USB install disk and just choose my SSD in the computer: it boots normally.

Maybe I did something wrong and need to do it over again?

post-751986-0-44545800-1489394293_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi MaLd0n, I haven't been able to do as you suggested until now. Now is the time we pay taxes here in the United States, so I've been preparing.

I did as you asked and checked bios settings after reading this posting about stolen memory. Apparently I have to increase my memory above 32MB (It was set to 32 and I changed it to 256MB) When I did that, it booted without the error but now I have a CPU 3 Panic as shown in the picture. I googled this also, and can't make heads or tails of it.

I can't wait to go back to Rio, by the way. I went for a week in November 2015. Thank god I speak Spanish, it was a lot easier to learn Portuguese that way!

my friend, thank you for all you do on this forum. without you, I would be in a world of pain.

Meu amigo, obrigado por tudo que você faz neste fórum. Sem você, eu estaria em um mundo de dor. And i've learned a lot by your help!

post-751986-0-89282400-1490771136_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Well, I tried both the 96 and then with the new Config file (still set to 96).

When I tried just 96 pre-allocated I got the first pic below with "Panic CPU 0 caller"

Then when I replaced the config file, I got the second pic with "Panic CPU 4 Caller"

Is this all video memory issues?
I compared the files and I see the changes you made including the minStolenSize (I understand a little) but even more confused now. 

Not sure why the pictures uploaded sideways? They are all upright.

post-751986-0-92246800-1490831922_thumb.jpg

post-751986-0-25382100-1490831940_thumb.jpg

OK I will try that now. I'm not sure how to disable patch, I can't find a "stolen Memory assertion" option in Clover

But this is all because of the Internal Video card, right?

If I installed another compatible card, this issue would go away with the right driver installed (Nvidia, of course)

• Like 1

ofc

the gpu need fakeid

IntelGFX fake id 0x19168086 + Inject Intel + ig-platform-id 0x19160000 and patch

Name
com.apple.driver.AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer

Find
8945c839 c67651

Replace
8945c839 c6eb51

Comment
Disable minStolenSize less or equal fStolenMemorySize assertion

if u use other gpu, is easy with folder ;)

disable patch

MaLd0n 2017-03-29 às 21.29.22.png

I'm going to have to give a donation after all this  :thumbsup_anim:  :2cents: 

This is my first time putting in custom patches :) But your guidance is teaching me a lot.

So the IntelGFX fake id 0x19168086 + Inject Intel + ig-platform-id 0x19160000  was already in there, when I loaded config.plist into clover. I searched it and saw them.

Is this correct? I need to go to Clover and KERNEL AND KEXT PATCHES and add the AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer Info as you put above?

I have to add these custom because of my hardware and the fact that Clover doesn't have them under "list of patches. Am I correct?

If so, I did do that and restarted. (Remember I loaded optimized defaults, so I had to reset my memory clock so it was 3400mhz again, and also My video memory is back at default, which is 32. 

In any case, I got an "unexpected payload found" here is what happened:

post-751986-0-78590200-1490871312_thumb.jpg

try it

remove inject intel, remove pig-platform-id and disable patch, use only fakeid intelgfx

for instal u dont need video 100%, just install, later we try solve

:whistle:  Well, When I marked the thread [sOLVED], was when I could boot the installer. It installed Mac OS 10.12 so our discussion now has been about how to solve the video. I'm writing this from Safari in my Hackintosh now :).

Should we leave this thread and I start another one?

What isn't working:

-Video artifacts (Not using GPU)

-Won't wake from sleep

Mald0n, I'm going to upload my working USB stick EFI folder for clover. 
I think this has gotten a bit messy with all the edits and I'm not sure where I'm at.

I've been making changes to my "Sierra" drive SSD, and keeping my USB stick intact until I get the install to boot normally with Clover, kexts and patches.

The good news: this has taught me A LOT, so far! I have learned so much more how these things work by trial and error!

Why don't I do this: I'll replace my Clover EFI on my "Sierra" drive with the EFI on my USB so they are the same and start over on how to fix VIDEO and Audio.

EFI.zip

OK, I did as you recommended.

-Replaced Clover folder

-Updated 10.12.4

-Reboot.

Graphics did not work properly.

I opened my Clover configurator and booted the system with settings shown in the pictures below.

Then I got another error, also about graphics. Did I do it right? I was almost sure it would work.

Also MY system is reporting

Graphics: Display 18 MB

I have not changed any BIOS settings since you told me to "load defaults" except for the memory clock (3400mhz). The last image is the error I got, CPU 4 Panic again, related to the graphics. 

Did I miss something?

post-751986-0-13187400-1491287093_thumb.png

post-751986-0-56116800-1491287102_thumb.png

post-751986-0-05801500-1491287112_thumb.png

post-751986-0-00830300-1491287151_thumb.jpg

• Like 1