[RYZEN] macOS 10.12.x (Sierra) Kernel Research&Development Thread

Sinetek

774 posts in this topic

I have seen "Raven" in the AMD9500ControllerKext. Maybe it's Raven ridge? The Zen APU. Is there an old AMD GPU with that code Name?

You never know,

According to reports, Apple is seriously considering Raven Ridge as the choice for MacBook Pro 2017. Should Apple decide to go with Raven Ridge, it could give MacBook Pro 2017 an edge which will be hard to beat. Competitors are also likely to go ahead with Raven Ridge if the Cupertino company gives the Raven Ridge a green signal.

This is just rumours though.

• Like 1

You never know,

This is just rumours though.

It would be nice, as the RX 4xx cards require a IGPU or integrated graphics, if you have one Ryzen in the CPU/APU and one in the PCIE slot that could be great for performance.

I'm still,trying to find Chameleon 2667, does anyone have a link? I would like to reproduce Gil's method, or at least try, lol!

hello Shaneee,

this boot bronya's ?

Did you use 2667 and Bronya's boot2 only? Did you use Spakk's files too?

-v arch=86_64, any others to add to plist?

During chameleon bootloader configuration any other settings to add or standard load?

Thanks for the help, from both of you.

I have e good understanding of clover configurations, this chameleon is a little new to me but I'll get it. I'm limited to El Capitan and Sierra but I might have a disk with Mavericks on it from my MacBook 6.1 would one be likely to be more compatible?

During chameleon bootloader configuration any other settings to add or standard load?

I have e good understanding of clover configurations, this chameleon is a little new to me but I'll get it. I'm limited to El Capitan and Sierra but I might have a disk with Mavericks on it from my MacBook 6.1 would one be likely to be more compatible?

hello,

ce n'est pas un sujet d'aide, il n'existe rien pour l'instant, c'est à nous (testeur, codeur, développeur) à trouver une réponse ;) 

This is not a help topic, there is nothing for now, it is up to us (tester, coder, developer) to find an answer ;) 

• Like 1

hello,

ce n'est pas un sujet d'aide, il n'existe rien pour l'instant, c'est à nous (testeur, codeur, développeur) à trouver une réponse ;)

This is not a help topic, there is nothing for now, it is up to us (tester, coder, developer) to find an answer ;)

But for the entrance it is legitimate to ask such questions ... but otherwise I have just opened a new page, where you can ask specific questions about the installtion etc.

I was fighting with myself on whether it is necessary to opened a new special help-topic for ryzen ..but at the end, I think that we should keep this separated from the other amd cpus

new help topic for ryzen cpu, see here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/322268-help-topic-ryzen-macos-1012x-sierra/

I thought I was a tester? Oh well, i guess I should just trade in my Ryzen and get an Intel and take the easy route,lol!

please do not weigh all words on the gold scale. :) .. I see so far no problems :yes:

:)

first test with SL kernel Nawcom  :P

584432Capture4.png

It looks just as modest as for older amd cpu. :(  Which MacOS version do you using?

The picture is not good.. can not read the lines correctly

It looks just as modest as for older amd cpu. :(  Which MacOS version do you using?

The picture is not good.. can not read the lines correctly

hello spakk, :) 

Ryzen 1700 ? modeste ?  :D   Ryzen 1700 = 6900 k   ;)