[RYZEN] macOS 10.12.x (Sierra) Kernel Research&Development Thread

Sinetek

774 posts in this topic

Threadripper... SUCCESS.

​My 1950X is officially booting. All of my issues were GPU related. Swapping to a GT 710 made everything work. I'm going to swap in an Ethernet controller that works unless there are drivers for BigFoot networking somewhere, and I should get some GeekBench results in the next day or so, and hopefully I can get my 1080Ti to work.

EDIT: Adding Cinebench score... I'm using the Nvidia Web Drivers, and was able to get my 1080Ti working with Inject NVWeb. I have three monitors working, but the 3D performance is just bad, at least in Cinebench, but it's good enough for 1080p youtube.

Great work on this Kernel!!!

post-2252137-0-78753800-1507293232_thumb.png

• Like 4

Thanks Bronya !

I jumped from my installed system Sierra 10.12.6 on old i7 to a Ryzen 1800X config. (see signature)

I use a usb key with Clover but than instead of doing a fresh install, I cp kernel and prelinkedkernel with terminal.

Then clean all around, and cp the EFI folder to my installed clover folder.

Tada...Everything works !!! :D

PS : Some apps like photoshop and textwrangler are not working yet...

Trying to run Sierra VM on my R7 1700 system, but I keep getting at 'Waiting on.....'

Screenshot included

EDIT:

I'm installing from a SPUD layout HFS+J dmg I created from the latest AppStore version of Sierra using Bronya's kernel and I rebuilt the kernelcache of the dmg on my macbook.

post-1033951-0-98368700-1507195611_thumb.png

Threadripper... SUCCESS.

​My 1950X is officially booting. All of my issues were GPU related. Swapping to a GT 710 made everything work. I'm going to swap in an Ethernet controller that works unless there are drivers for BigFoot networking somewhere, and I should get some GeekBench results in the next day or so, and hopefully I can get my 1080Ti to work.

EDIT: Adding Cinebench score... I'm using the Nvidia Web Drivers, and was able to get my 1080Ti working with Inject NVWeb. I have three monitors working, but the 3D performance is just bad, at least in Cinebench, but it's good enough for 1080p youtube.

Great work on this Kernel!!!

Fantastic news, please keep us updated on this build, I am planning on building one myself soon.

• Like 1

@Bronya

how to disable automatic generating of prelinkedkernel file  ?

because whenever i put my prelinkedkernel file from my Installed Sierra HDD  to  USB/System/Prelinkedkernel/  folder , it gets replaced by the new prelinkedkernel file that is generated by the kernel present in the USB/System/Kernels/  .

How to prevent this ?

• Like 1

@Bronya

how to disable automatic generating of prelinkedkernel file  ?

because whenever i put my prelinkedkernel file from my Installed Sierra HDD  to  USB/System/Prelinkedkernel/  folder , it gets replaced by the new prelinkedkernel file that is generated by the kernel present in the USB/System/Kernels/  .

How to prevent this ?

You need to stop kextd.  This thing generates new kernelcache.

You cannot kill it because launchd keeps alive.  What you need to do

is to edit /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.kextd.plist

first and then kill it.  You might git a crash right away, though.

• Like 1

You need to stop kextd.  This thing generates new kernelcache.

You cannot kill it because launchd keeps alive.  What you need to do

is to edit /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.kextd.plist

first and then kill it.  You might git a crash right away, though.

thanks for the info  :) 

I will try it out .

you can use launchctl to disable it.

If you installed new kexts in /S/L/E , then automatic generation new file prelinkedkernel

i did this instead and it works like a charm !  :thumbsup_anim: 

it always try to generate new prelinkedkernel,  but it could not replace it now.

1iH0EW4jS6_pmNS9szGTOA.png

• Like 2

Fantastic news, please keep us updated on this build, I am planning on building one myself soon.

It was not a bad build at all actually. I'm using the Gigabyte X399 board, and was able to get everything working. Networking, Sound and USB without issue. I have two remaining issues: 1.) Because I'm running in RAID for Windows, OS X can't see any of my drives. I've tried two different SATA cards with the motherboard to get OSX working internally. One doesn't show up in BIOS at all, but works fine in Windows, but I can't boot OSX from it or see it with Clover on USB, and the other card works great... if I reset my BIOS and disable RAID before boot or else the motherboard won't post. Issue 2.) is that my 1080Ti isn't running anywhere close to full speed with the Nvidia Web drivers, but it sounds like there isn't much I can do about it. Overall the system is stable (except for Sleep), and works well.

Hello guys, new Ryzen owner here. im quite experienced with Intel hackintoshes but not on AMD. can i install Sierra with clover? how do i implement a different kernel? Thanks

You can do Sierra the links the materials are on post 1-2.    There is also High Sierra working on Ryzen now so thats an option.

Can you list your system specs in your signature line like:  CPU, Mobo, Graphics card so it makes it easier to help for others with similar builds.

Its a mid level project you should be good to go if you have basic Hackintosh knowledge.    

Hi guys, I'm successfully running Sierra 12.6 on Ryzen 1700 w/ Nvidia GFX but struggling to get virtualisation running. I have enabled virtualisation in the BIOS, Docker and other VM software running well under Ubuntu and Windows, but can't seem to get macOS to recognise. I was wondering if anyone had successfully enabled virtualisation, VT-x on an AMD powered hackintosh. I've removed the dart=0 boot flag but that didn't make a difference.

I was hoping to use this as my daily driver dev machine to replace ubuntu, but without VM support I'm doomed. Thanks!

I'd be interested to see if anyone had VMX enabled in their builds! If anyone could try running this command to check if VMX is enabled on your systems I would really appreciate it.

sysctl -a | grep machdep.cpu.features

Source: http://kb.parallels.com/en/5653

Any responses would be appreciated!

Info About System & Applications on Ryzen & Threadripper Hackintosh ?

Dear all of you trying the Hackintosh with AMD Ryzen or AMD Ryzen Threadripper CPU. I really do not know your aim of building a Hackintosh with AMD CPUs. If it is just for testing, for fun or really FOR WORKING.

I am also very interested in a Hackintosh with the AMD CPUs (Ryzen or Threadripper). But, there is something that no one is really commenting about…

If it is for WORKING platform rather than just a mere test,

All who have tested either Ryzen or Threadripper;

• Can you please say if it is really worth choosing the AMD CPUs for Hackintosh?

• What are the pros and cons of choosing the AMD CPUs?

• What is working perfectly in the platform and what is not working perfectly?

• Mostly interested if the performance of Softwares… (Adobe: Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Acrobat, Dreamweaver, Flash, Premiere, Lightroom & Final Cut Pro & Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) & Fonts Applications & All other common small applications that we daily use (Safari, Mail, Skype, Messages, Zip/Rar applications, etc…)

>> About the softwares… Do they work perfectly on a click? Do they Crash? Or they cannot be launched at all, because it is on AMD?

Because all the people trying here, never gives a feedback well about what is working and what is not. That would be a great help in deciding to choose or not the AMD CPU for Hackintosh.

I hope I am not offending anyone. I am really interested in the feedback of the users who tried AMD RYZEN / THREADRIPPER, clearly pointing out what is working and what is not.

Because a Hackintosh for working is very different when you are building one as a daily working tool. I hope you understand my kind request…

Thanks

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

Hello everyone, I have EX motherboard EX Designare, processor Ryzen Threadripper 1950X, Ram Corsair Dominator Platinum Kit DDR4 16GB (8x8GB), 3600MHz C18 XMP 2.0, Graphic Card-Asus TURBO-GTX1080TI-11G, can someone tell me how to install Sierra or High sierra? I tried with: AMDHS_Installer_v1, AMDHS_Installer_v2_clover, AMDHS_Installer_v2_enoch, probably something escapes me, maybe Bios configuration? or the Kernel is not right?

Please help me. Thanks everyone. Nik

• 3 years later...
On 6/30/2017 at 5:23 PM, Bronya said:

Hi !

Here kernel 10.9.5 for ryzen ? ))

Ok .

Try new kernel and boot(chameleon) for Ryzen !

This kernel and bootloader maked 1 July ! 

boot_kernel_10.9.5_ryzen.zip 3.93 MB · 90 downloads

Hi Bronya! Is the source code to your kernels available anywhere? I've been scouring Github and the rest of the internet... I'm particularly interested in these Mavericks kernels, because I really want to get Mavericks working on a modern CPU some day.

Or, because Bronya seems like he might have disappeared... @Shaneee and @Sinetek, I think you've worked with Bronya in the past, is there any chance one of you would know where the source is? It would be such a shame if it was lost to time forever!

Thank you so much!

Edited by Wowfunhappy