[RYZEN] macOS 10.12.x (Sierra) Kernel Research&Development Thread

Sinetek

774 posts in this topic

VoodooTSCSyncAMD.kext for 8 cores, I hope it will help

For other CPUs, the info.plist file should be changed, check the threads of your CPU and edit the correct value into "IOCPUNumber"

(reading here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/253773-amd-dual-core-optimizer-for-snow-leopard/ )

VoodooTSCSyncAMD

CFBundleIdentifier
org.voodoo.driver.VoodooTSCSyncAMD
IOClass
org_voodoo_driver_VoodooTSCSyncAMD
IOMatchCategory
VoodooTSCSyncAMD
IOPropertyMatch
IOCPUNumber
IOProviderClass
AppleACPICPU

VoodooTSCSyncAMD-8-Core.kext.zip

• Like 2

The boot loaders are not allowing kernels to panic, they are not loading at all.

Sorry , I did not understand ... 

Bootloader not loading ? Or kernel with panic ? Can you here picture with panic from kernel with chameleon ?

Sorry , I did not understand ... 

Bootloader not loading ? Or kernel with panic ? Can you here picture with panic from kernel with chameleon ?

post-598519-0-79895300-1489399096.jpg

Bronya, some users have uploaded an image and have described the error message during booting with Clover: "NT 0Eh Page fault - Halt! ...."

This note is a part of Clover, see here:

https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/code/4044/tree/CloverEFI/CpuDxe/X64/CpuInterrupt.S

# page fault (INT 0eh)

PAGE_FAULT_SEL = .-IDT_BASE

.short 0 # offset 15:0

.short SYS_CODE64_SEL # selector 15:0

.byte 0 # 0 for interrupt gate

.byte 0x0e | 0x80 # type = 386 interrupt gate, present

.short 0 # offset 31:16

.long 0 # offset 63:32

.long 0 # for reserved

but, what does this mean?? should something be modified in clover?

Bronya, some users have uploaded an image and have described the error message during booting with Clover: "NT 0Eh Page fault - Halt! ...."

This note is a part of Clover, see here:

https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/code/4044/tree/CloverEFI/CpuDxe/X64/CpuInterrupt.S

# page fault (INT 0eh)

PAGE_FAULT_SEL = .-IDT_BASE

.short 0 # offset 15:0

.short SYS_CODE64_SEL # selector 15:0

.byte 0 # 0 for interrupt gate

.byte 0x0e | 0x80 # type = 386 interrupt gate, present

.short 0 # offset 31:16

.long 0 # offset 63:32

.long 0 # for reserved

but, what does this mean?? should something be modified in clover?

Hi ! 

This clover - if not compatible, example if wrong detect cpu , then go to in panic or stop ... 

I need result answer from chameleon ... 

Hi ! 

This clover - if not compatible, example if wrong detect cpu , then go to in panic or stop ... 

I need result answer from chameleon ... 

I am not quite sure but someone has written, that his system makes a restarts with enoch bootloader.. I'm looking for a moment

I just tried to boot Enoch on my Ryzen, I briefly saw boot0 and boot1 and then the computer reset. With Clover it just hangs. I have a suspicion it's not using EFI mode booting usb discs so I'll try a few versions of linux and see what happens.

(Secure boot is disabled btw.)

Sory, he has another error with boot0 and boot1

Edit:

No idea, what enoch version he has used.

Edit:

For these reasons, I#ve recently asked the Clover and Enoch developer for help :http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/321965-bootloader-problem-with-amd-ryzen-cpus/

• Like 1

post-1753549-0-23354200-1490209714_thumb.jpg

The chameleon/Enoch error.

When my Ssd is connected to sata nothing but blackscreen. Ssd connected to USB adapter I get the above error message. The sata so far has not shown anything but black screen with clover UEFI, legacy and chameleon/Enoch. Only the USB gets any action or error at all.

I tried formatting in EXFAT and reloading Enoch, and got the same result.

I won't be able to access the build for another 4-6 hours but if their is anything you want me to try let me know.

attachicon.gifIMG_2535.JPG

The chameleon/Enoch error.

When my Ssd is connected to sata nothing but blackscreen. Ssd connected to USB adapter I get the above error message. The sata so far has not shown anything but black screen with clover UEFI, legacy and chameleon/Enoch. Only the USB gets any action or error at all.

I tried formatting in EXFAT and reloading Enoch, and got the same result.

I won't be able to access the build for another 4-6 hours but if their is anything you want me to try let me know.

Please check if you use the current bootloader: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/71-enoch/

spakk , i tried new installer chameleon , no can install boot . 

I can install old version bootloader and success !

Gigamaxx , please format usb for fat32 and install boot chameleon . This usb should did is active . 

Best you download old version installer chameleon and install on usb , and copy new file boot to usb . 

• Like 1

I formatted my 8gb USB 3.0 stick with Mac disk utility MSDOS (fat32?) and placed Bronya's boot file alone and tried booting. I get the white cursor in top left then it jumps down a few rows to the middle then reboot.

I left it there and ran Chameleon 2848 per Spakk's link and got this new error message. When I connected my clover Ssd (previous build) with Sierra and clover UEFI to sata it was black screen even with the USB installed at the same time.

post-1753549-0-79876700-1490228933_thumb.jpg

I was reading that Fat32 cannot have anything more than 4gb total does that mean the 8gb partition is not correct? Any advice or ideas on how to partition with a guid and Fat32 200mb setup. Do the guid first then partition and erase with MSDOS format?

I just repeated process using 8gb USB 2.0 stick in 2.0 slot= same result.

Edited by Gigamaxx

Try to boot with my files, see the appendix, save first all original files.

Add the complete Extra folder into root directory, all data are contained, including kernel and modules and boot files etc.

Then navigate to usr/standalone/ and rename the existing i386 folder into a_i386, then add my i386 folder. Then add the boot file to the root directory...alternatively test it with modified boot file from bronya

Edit:

Do not forget to change the org.chameleon.boot.plist with the correct bootargs for your hardware

Then restart and report what happens

Info:

Because I do not know your hardware components, no specification in your signature.

so I have added some drivers into E/E, you can supplement these later.

CPU Ryzen 7 1700

Mobo Asus prime X370

Crucial DDR4 2400. 16gb

Corsair Smart 600W power supply

Visiontek AMD 5450 2gb DDR3 Graphics card DVI, VGA, HDMI

Ryzen report.txt

Do not forget also to use the FSB and BUSRATIO values in your org.chameleon boot.plist

post-1753549-0-77498400-1490245104_thumb.png

Where? boot args?

I've tried setup, is there something wrong with the color dots, its different.     I'm getting the same boot0 done elf init.     I'l try with Bronya's boot.

Gigamaxx, try my boot chameleon file with your cpuid ryzen . 

attachicon.gifboot_bronya.zip

I tried this, it produced the same error as Enoch r2848:

boot0:GPT

boot0:GPT

boot0:done

b1f: init

...and then reboot

Try to boot with my files, see the appendix, save first all original files.

Add the complete Extra folder into root directory, all data are contained, including kernel and modules and boot files etc.

Then navigate to usr/standalone/ and rename the existing i386 folder into a_i386, then add my i386 folder. Then add the boot file to the root directory...alternatively test it with modified boot file from bronya

Just tried this, same error as above.

• Like 2

Sound: you have to search for AppleHDA solutions an alternative such as eg. the VoodooHDA or an OS X compatible sound interface card or USB sound card

Graphics card: install the two Graphics drivers (AMD 5450 2gb DEV-ID: 0x68F9  VEN-ID: 0x1002) into S/L/E and use the org.chameleon.boot.plist (with all bootargs) which I've loaded in the appendix..

Ethernet:

Probably the Intel®Gigabit-LAN I211 will not work under macOS but check this again

you can check this driver: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/304235-intelmausiethernetkext-for-intel-onboard-lan/

otherwise, plan another alternative ... OS X compatible USB LAN or LAN card

Boot0 error, I think bronya can fix this, I can not help

Thank you Spakk, I have a TP Link N900 for WIFi to install and a Sabrient sound card as well.  I will install.

A clear indiz that the problem comes only from the bootloader. I think that now the coders could see that the bootloader files have great programming deficit and need urgently action to implement the Ryzen Cpus..

It is always better to test several at the same time and to help each other by the experience.

I think that we should wait for the results of Gils, he has very good experiences with testing of AMD CPUs on MacOS.

Sound: you have to search for AppleHDA solutions an alternative such as eg. the VoodooHDA or an OS X compatible sound interface card or USB sound card

Graphics card: install the two Graphics drivers (AMD 5450 2gb DEV-ID: 0x68F9  VEN-ID: 0x1002) into S/L/E and use the org.chameleon.boot.plist (with all bootargs) which I've loaded in the appendix..

Ethernet:

Probably the Intel®Gigabit-LAN I211 will not work under macOS but check this again

you can check this driver: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/304235-intelmausiethernetkext-for-intel-onboard-lan/

otherwise, plan another alternative ... OS X compatible USB LAN or LAN card

Boot0 error, I think bronya can fix this, I can not help

Thank you Spakk, I have a TP Link N900 for WIFi to install and a Sabrient sound card as well.  I will install. fules

Please download and check my last files, here are the files:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/321626-ryzen-macos-1012x-sierra-kernel-researchdevelopment-thread/page-3?do=findComment&comment=2389815

Gigamaxx, you try all more old versions files boot ... )))

No, the last I did last night was Spakk's files and chameleon 2848 and then I placed your boot file in the i386 files a_and i386 with Spakk's files. I had a system problem my bios screen got stuck and wanted the F1 command but I couldn't get my keyboard to respond. I removed battery cleared cmos, removed ram and even removed the CPU but still had the same problem. I switched keyboards and all was good but it was late by then. I willl try tonight with your suggestions. I only see two versions of chameleon available is there another link to access more options?

P.S. For expediancy (time savings) I'm only loading the bootloaders on the USB drives not OS Sierra. If it works I should get a chameleon screen showing up, right? I don't need the OS as well at this time is this correct?

Should I try some older versions of chameleon? And try adding your boot file?