[RYZEN] macOS 10.12.x (Sierra) Kernel Research&Development Thread

Sinetek

774 posts in this topic

Me too!    I'm afraid to restart but what the heck, it's a backup to a backup disk.

Restart worked!    Nice, the Sierra 12.4 to 12.5 update went smoothly so far, lost RX 480 metal and Realtek8111 Ethernet but that's to be expected.

Can you or some one else whose Ryzen hackintosh bootable by Clover EFI ?

I found CPU power management and Nvidia Web Driver issues could be fixed by Clover bootloader.

But up to now my AMD hackintoshs can be booted by Enoch r.2877 or Bronya modified r.2667 bootloader only,

except FX-6300 hackintosh which can be booted by Clover r.4061 without the above-mentioned two issues.

Everytime when I try to boot by Clover always got frozen immediately as the attached photo.

Is there anyone can solve this bootloader problem related to Clover EFI ?

This problem have been posted by Shaneee long time ago, but there is no significant progress of solution yet.

It occured at 10.11.x and 10.12. only, no such an error at 10.10.5

post-70188-0-38407700-1494903414_thumb.jpeg

I'm having strange issues in open GL app Uningine Valley with RX 480 everything is rolling along nicely 40-43 fps Extreme HD settings and then about 3/4 of the way through it defaults to the Nvidia GT210 or now the R7 265.    it should be getting a score in the 1800s but the default or reset to the lesser card kills the score.

post-1753549-0-96414300-1494903429_thumb.png

post-1753549-0-35604900-1494903460_thumb.png

need advice

i Used this files

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Use boot_beta.zip and 10.12.4 Patch kernel (auto and fakeMSR kernel)

and kernel_10.2.4_fakeMsr.zip   9.59MB   65 downloads

zip.gif  kernel_10.2.4_auto.zip   9.59MB   106 downloads

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i did

1.replace system.kext    , /system/library/extensions (chmod -R 755 and Chown -R root:wheel )

2. Replace kernel  to /system/library/kernels/kernel

2. frameworks three files Replace /system/library/Frameworks and (chmod -R 755 and Chown -R root:wheel )

CPU halted and auto shut down.

dyld: Library not loaded: /system/library/Frameworks/IOKit.Framework/Version/A~@*$@)*$)@

(Screen shot is this link https://goo.gl/photos/7J4QpoNNACawMLnG6 )

3. So i try different way.

replace 10.12.4 origirinal Frameworks 3 Files and merge patch frameworks 3 files.

than i can see another messages

(Screen shot is think link https://goo.gl/photos/NQ9DqTYAuRqPtGiRA )

and youtube Video link https://youtu.be/3GLlqnuXpsU

--------------------------------------

I Need advice . what mistake ?

need advice

i Used this files

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Use boot_beta.zip and 10.12.4 Patch kernel (auto and fakeMSR kernel)

and kernel_10.2.4_fakeMsr.zip   9.59MB   65 downloads

zip.gif  kernel_10.2.4_auto.zip   9.59MB   106 downloads

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i did

1.replace system.kext    , /system/library/extensions (chmod -R 755 and Chown -R root:wheel )

2. Replace kernel  to /system/library/kernels/kernel

2. frameworks three files Replace /system/library/Frameworks and (chmod -R 755 and Chown -R root:wheel )

CPU halted and auto shut down.

dyld: Library not loaded: /system/library/Frameworks/IOKit.Framework/Version/A~@*$@)*$)@

(Screen shot is this link https://goo.gl/photos/7J4QpoNNACawMLnG6 )

3. So i try different way.

replace 10.12.4 origirinal Frameworks 3 Files and merge patch frameworks 3 files.

than i can see another messages

(Screen shot is think link https://goo.gl/photos/NQ9DqTYAuRqPtGiRA )

and youtube Video link https://youtu.be/3GLlqnuXpsU

--------------------------------------

I Need advice . what mistake ?

Try with just the kernel. Skip the kext and Frameworks for now.

Guys.. I have one more question.

Strange Cinebench Open GL Score

Ryzen 1800X & Gtx 980 Ti. OpenGL Score is 43 fps

Cpu score 1677cb (Yes 1800x 3.8Ghz this score. no problem)

But

GTX 980Ti Cinebench openGL Score too low..

(Normal GTX980 & 980 Ti) Score 95 ~ 120 fps

But ryzen 10.12.4 Cinebench R15 Score 43 or 44 Fps..

is this kernel Problem? or Nvidia Web driver Problem?

can you tell your ryzen & Nvidia 10.12.4 system OpenGL Score? 

Cinebench OpenGL Score screenshot link-

https://goo.gl/photos/WE33P4zum8KNe2uj8

What kind of question is this ???

If this question, ok i close project . 

My cinebench is 50 fps OpenGL Score . My video card is ATI Radeon HD 6870 Series 1024 МБ

post-31928-0-90792000-1495014034_thumb.png

But

not a kernel problem,,it seems like is it ur 1st hackintosh..gpu made for windows performs 20/30 percent slower on macOS

• Like 1

not a kernel problem,,it seems like is it ur 1st hackintosh..gpu made for windows performs 20/30 percent slower on macOS

auctally this is not my first hakintosh. ( many Hackintosh Tested for Intel PC, you think more.)

but AMD System is first.. so I don't know why slow Nvidia OpenGL performance slower half score than Intel Hackintosh

But

Not a kernel problem, it's a configuration problem. On other sites many people are having trouble with the Nvidia web drivers even on real Macs. It usually boils down to configuration issues, I was able to get Nvidia cards working fine e.g.. Nvidia GT210, Gt710, 8400GS, all worked well, but they were not relying on web drivers. The kernel did not cause any problems with Nvidia cards so it must be the drivers and or configuration. Chameleon doesn't have the clover fixes for injecting web drivers or at least not yet a clear and easy solution.

Are there some bugs and problems with Ryzen and Sierra, yes? It's been a very short time and to have working Ryzen hackintoshes so soon is a miracle and we all owe Bronya a big thank you for making it possible. These little bugs here and there are what need to be worked out like USB, sound, Bluetooth, Ethernet etc.., These issues may require reworking some of the kexts or replacing them with modified kexts. This is the work that now needs to be done, we can't rely on the kernel to do it all. At some point we need to look at the software and or bootloader configuration or lack of.

When the Kaby Lake Intel chips came out it took some time to get fixes working for many of these same issues (3-6 months), and that was with clover support and many testers finding solutions. Ryzen launched less than 2 months ago and this isn't a tick-tock change like Intel. Kaby lake used Skylake fixes we can't really rely on older AMD fixes the cpus are way too different. We are in good shape so far with these CPUs and the boot and kernel files are working well ahead of time for what most predicted for a timeline.

We should be counting our blessings because we are lucky enough to have Bronya boot and kernel files to work with.

• Like 2

My cinebench is 50 fps OpenGL Score . My video card is ATI Radeon HD 6870 Series 1024 МБ

attachicon.gif17_may.png

yes but.....

macOS 10.12.6 beta 1 works ;)

post-2087795-0-48797200-1495065879_thumb.png

post-2087795-0-40182100-1495065898_thumb.png

post-2087795-0-59483900-1495066862_thumb.png

post-2087795-0-92777100-1495067720_thumb.png

• Like 1

attachicon.gif17_may.png

hi bronya 

my english is not good..

so i don't understand 100% english.

so sometimes i dont understand.. what happend?  

but i guess...and feel....

i seem to offend someone 

am i right? 

first

i want say to you.  " i'm sorry "

maybe.. my language problem make Communication problem. 

i really think Bronya Kernel is Awsome  :)

is this kernel Problem? or Nvidia Web driver Problem?   = I Mean . i thunk 'Why My GPU SLow.  i mistake something? hmm..how to fix this. i need more information. i have to ask someone'  = it's mean "I need help."

so i write question...it's was just question. 

it's  my language communication problem.. 

thanks a lot . bronya

Not a kernel problem, it's a configuration problem. On other sites many people are having trouble with the Nvidia web drivers even on real Macs. It usually boils down to configuration issues, I was able to get Nvidia cards working fine e.g.. Nvidia GT210, Gt710, 8400GS, all worked well, but they were not relying on web drivers. The kernel did not cause any problems with Nvidia cards so it must be the drivers and or configuration. Chameleon doesn't have the clover fixes for injecting web drivers or at least not yet a clear and easy solution.

Are there some bugs and problems with Ryzen and Sierra, yes? It's been a very short time and to have working Ryzen hackintoshes so soon is a miracle and we all owe Bronya a big thank you for making it possible. These little bugs here and there are what need to be worked out like USB, sound, Bluetooth, Ethernet etc.., These issues may require reworking some of the kexts or replacing them with modified kexts. This is the work that now needs to be done, we can't rely on the kernel to do it all. At some point we need to look at the software and or bootloader configuration or lack of.

When the Kaby Lake Intel chips came out it took some time to get fixes working for many of these same issues (3-6 months), and that was with clover support and many testers finding solutions. Ryzen launched less than 2 months ago and this isn't a tick-tock change like Intel. Kaby lake used Skylake fixes we can't really rely on older AMD fixes the cpus are way too different. We are in good shape so far with these CPUs and the boot and kernel files are working well ahead of time for what most predicted for a timeline.

We should be counting our blessings because we are lucky enough to have Bronya boot and kernel files to work with.

thanks your long reply.

i know your message. and agree

• Like 1

I totally agree with you regarding Ryzen kernel & boot.

Without Bronya's contribution we can NOT get Ryzen hackintosh working so soon and so few issues up to now.

The only issue bothered me is Power Management related to Shutdown/Restart/Sleep/Wakeup problem at 10.9.5 ~ 10.12.5 which should be fixed by bootloader instead of kernel I think.

I can get much higher OpenGL score by Cinebench R15 for GTX-980 & GTX-680 in Intel hackintosh at 10.12.5 (16F73), but always got lower score in my AMD hackintoshs.

post-70188-0-00470900-1495074594_thumb.png

post-70188-0-90820700-1495102659_thumb.png

• Like 1

I totally agree with you regarding Ryzen kernel & boot.

Without Bronya's contribution we can NOT get Ryzen hackintosh working so soon and so few issues up to now.

The only issue bothered me is Power Management related to Shutdown/Restart/Sleep/Wakeup problem at 10.9.5 ~ 10.12.5 which should be fixed by bootloader instead of kernel I think.

I can get much higher OpenGL score by Cinebench R15 for GTX-980 & GTX-680 in Intel hackintosh at 10.12.5 (16F73), but always got lower score in my AMD hackintoshs.

Very interesting.

Your 680 and 980 same fps score 112~113

980= 680? No...

In my case have 1800x  gtx660 and gtx980 ti two card have

Same score 10.12.4 

Gtx980 ti= 45 fps / gtx660 = 45 fps

Gtx980ti <=====FAR FAR away lineup8==> gtx660

But same score.. me and you..

Actually fps 45 is too low. 

If you clear this.problem give hint. And advic

Thx

• Like 2

Very interesting.

Your 680 and 980 same fps score 112~113

980= 680? No...

In my case have 1800x  gtx660 and gtx980 ti two card have

Same score 10.12.4 

Gtx980 ti= 45 fps / gtx660 = 45 fps

Gtx980ti <=====FAR FAR away lineup8==> gtx660

But same score.. me and you..

Actually fps 45 is too low. 

If you clear this.problem give hint. And advic

Thx

My hypothesis is these GPU scores of GTX-9xx/6xx depend upon the optimization of performance from Nvidia Web Driver.

For example my GTX-980 got very low score at 10.10.5 in Ryzen 1700X hackintosh too.

Unable to test it at 10.11.6 or 10.12.5 because Nvidia Web Driver not properly loaded at all.

Maybe Cinebench R15 is not so reliable at Mac OS X of AMD hackintoshs either.

post-70188-0-56087400-1495107132_thumb.png

• Like 2

I also get very poor performance with a GTX 1070, i am more thinking the web drivers are not mature yet.

I think there has to be a way, I have seen Geekbench compute of a 1080ti with a score of 215,000+ using macOS Sierra on a i7 7600k. Someone figured it out and is running the drivers to max performance levels. The CPU scores were very impressive as well, so the drivers do work they just seem to be elusive to many people. Obviously they were using clover for injecting to get drivers properly loaded, we just need to figure out how to get it done in chameleon.

One note on the wifi and Ethernet connections. My wifi was loading at boot but as soon as I opened safari it dropped out. This was on original install of Sierra with the intelGb Ethernet fix working. After the update I noticed that wifi stays loaded and works well. I have not configured my Ethernet drivers yet. Has anyone else noticed similar problems with wifi and Ethernet when both are working?

Do not confuse opengl and opencl, nV always has very poor results with opengl / OS X.

Under Lion 10.7 an HD 5770 was a better score than a GTX 460 opengl

forza aMéDé !!

I understand the difference but the point is the web drivers were working and many Nvidia users have had trouble with both opencl and OpenGL formats. Usually the open gl works ok and the open CL (Geekbench) has issues and bugs.

I have seen many 1070 and 1080 scores well below my RX 480 card in Geekbench so it's a matter of proper configuration of the web drivers.

I can install 10.9.5 alone without problem.

But I have tried to install 10.9.5 at 10.12.5 in Ryzen 1700X hackintosh by Parallels Desktop 12 in vain.

It always shows only Intel CPUs are supported.

Can anyone show me how to install 10.9.5 at 10.12.5 in Ryzen hackintosh by Parallels Desktop 12 ?

• Like 1

Hi, great work.

how would i set this up so i can too get it on my Ryzen computer?

as i haven't seen many helpful guides for creating a boot load for this.

Use search tool and check out "Ryzen Patcher" thread.