[RYZEN] macOS 10.12.x (Sierra) Kernel Research&Development Thread

Sinetek

774 posts in this topic

Thanks Dude!   There's no way I could've done it without you.    i figured out your USB fix, works great!   I'll check in there and report your greatness, thanks again.    I'll post more specs and screenshots of my config and bios settings.

I picked up a Nvidia GT 210, and 8400.   I'll test those as well as the AMD 5450 and R7 265 (R9 270X).     This little sub $200 4 core 8 thread is pretty smooth right now even with 0mb graphics.

attachicon.gifRyzen 5 1500X Geekbench.pngattachicon.gifRyzen 5 1500X Luxmark.png

this afternoon, we will made undo the changes you've made in S/L/E ==>the  installing of the USB-FIX for EL Capitan. Since the USB-FIXes are absolete.

Shane has shown me tonight a better alternative, I've worked the night on it and now all USB slots are displayed correctly and all USB slots work wonderfully. This method will work on all hackintosh, whether intel or amd that will not matter.

• Like 2

dart=0 ncpi=0x2000 msibase=0x90 busratio=29 ( enter your minimum MHz # 3200=32 etc. ) PCIRootUID=1 nv_disable=1. I was (am) able to get to password using only these flags. Without dart=0 it wouldn't work. I'll try to eliminate the msibase later during testing.I was trying anything and everything I could think of. 

I changed from a usb stick to ssd now, and put the installer and bootloader on a ssd and attach via sata. In case it is a issue with my usb stick or port. I still get the same error.

Using -v busratio=34 npci=0x2000 dart=0 PCIRootUID=1 nv_disable=1 and tried both with/without -x

post-1610429-0-18883300-1493092212_thumb.jpg

:ph34r: congrats Giga, took a whole learning curve for ya ! ( sounds like u live inside a Hardware Store :D  )

Thanks, my wife thinks so too lately.     You and shanee knew about that graphics issue which reset my thinking.     This thing works well in El Cappy!    Cant wait for Sierra and the RX and then Vega 10.    An all AMD monster is in order!    This is good news about the boot and kernel it works on Ryzen 7 1700 and Ryzen 5 1500X with same configuration it like Intel, lol.   Happy days, I will sleep good tonight.

When Sierra beta came out last july I signed up and tested RX 4XX cards, I had to learn Clover which was a huge learning curve as well.   Glad I did and now I can feel my away around this chameleon a little, I like it.    You veteran AMD chameleon guys got it going on!    This is tough stuff, but worth the pain.

I changed from a usb stick to ssd now, and put the installer and bootloader on a ssd and attach via sata. In case it is a issue with my usb stick or port. I still get the same error.

Using -v busratio=34 npci=0x2000 dart=0 PCIRootUID=1 nv_disable=1 and tried both with/without -x

Check out the files posited by Spakk, and also the files Bronya provided for Yosemite.   

post-1753549-0-08394600-1493096680_thumb.png

post-1753549-0-24116100-1493096704_thumb.png

• Like 3

A noob question please.. (sorry)

Which kernel should I use to try install EL_Capitan 10.11.6 ?

I have no experience at AMD

but i have a system with

R7-1700

Asrock x370 Gaming K4

Thanks.

bronya's kernel go to ryzen thread,,

• Like 1

here we are

ryzenzo_osx116.png

thanks everybody!

it's working good. CB15 and other's benchmarks tools give less robusts results on macos than windows 10. (eg. MT score from 1600 to 1200)

only 2 major issues:

1) my copy of adobe illustrator CC 2017 crashes at startup (other adobe are just fine)

2) can't enable trim on my ssd (tryed several methods)

any suggestions?

• Like 4

thanks. now a different issue.

Same problem my ryzen system.

If Intel system I will dsdt patch and acpi patch..

But I have no idea with amd chameleon system.

Need patch acpi kext patch or acpi module

If you clear that problem reply again

Where u meen my friend can't find RYZEN el capitan help topic.

some link maybe ?

Super, !! Congrats

can u please share the kernel and bootloader ?

chameleon bootloader (guess it's pretty easy to find)

bronya's elcap kernel build  B) (you can find it in this thread post#192)

• Like 2

Same problem my ryzen system.

If Intel system I will dsdt patch and acpi patch..

But I have no idea with amd chameleon system.

Need patch acpi kext patch or acpi module

If you clear that problem reply again

Still not working, but progress?

Things I've changed, I included spakk's files in post #44. And the instructions inside:

delete these drives from System/Library/Extensions/ ==> IOUSBFamily.kext, IOUSBMAssStorageDriver.kext, IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext. and AMD - users must remove also these too: ===> pmtelemetry.kext (caused problems during the creation of prelinked kernel !), AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext (makes kernel Panic!) and AppleTyMCEDriver.kext (makes MSR Error !) All drivers tested with Enoch bootloader with USB 3.0 GenericUSBXHCI.kext (current vers.) installed in to /Extra/Extensions/

Except I had to restore IOUSBFamily.kext because GenericUSBXHCI.kext gave a dependency error for it when I deleted it.

And attached is my current result with these changes...

post-1610429-0-31798600-1493142263_thumb.jpg

Still not working, but progress?

Things I've changed, I included spakk's files in post #44. And the instructions inside:

delete these drives from System/Library/Extensions/ ==> IOUSBFamily.kext, IOUSBMAssStorageDriver.kext, IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext. and AMD - users must remove also these too: ===> pmtelemetry.kext (caused problems during the creation of prelinked kernel !), AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext (makes kernel Panic!) and AppleTyMCEDriver.kext (makes MSR Error !) All drivers tested with Enoch bootloader with USB 3.0 GenericUSBXHCI.kext (current vers.) installed in to /Extra/Extensions/

Except I had to restore IOUSBFamily.kext because GenericUSBXHCI.kext gave a dependency error for it when I deleted it.

And attached is my current result with these changes...

When I changed the kexts or removed and replaced them I also added those folders to the chameleon Extra folder and included Bronya's kext in the Yosemite folder and his modules as well. It's a combination of Spakks and Bronya's files that got me working.

• Like 1

When I changed the kexts or removed and replaced them I also added those folders to the chameleon Extra folder and included Bronya's kext in the Yosemite folder and his modules as well. It's a combination of Spakks and Bronya's files that got me working.

Just the kernel and the Bronya boot with a bit of know-how is enough to see Ryzen running, the rest is bubble!  ;) 

• Like 1

doesn't work for me with this...

post-1610429-0-44402700-1493145831_thumb.jpg

post-1610429-0-05015700-1493145993_thumb.jpg

Thanks @spakk for the support.

For usb has try that solution but not works i have major prob because some times not Working all the ports > http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/521-usb-fix-for-el-capitan/

IntelMausiEthernet.kext noT working on GigaLAN Intel® I211AT

My Internal SSD has external icon.

and can't make restart and shutdown the system.

To day i clean the patches and i try different solutions like that "upper USB drivers"

One more question is on boot "kexts patch start" after to " kernel patch" i waiting about 3 min to scroll and continue,can fixit this ? and how ?

EdiT

i try these upper kexts and nothing change

with GenericUSBXHCI.kext only i have 1port USB 2 and 1port USB 3

on system info USB is blank

my tricks to enable vanilla iousbfamilyhost.kext and iousbfamily.kext is u need to delete the appleusbehcipci.kext on iousbfamilyhost.kext/contents/plugins so that appleusbohcipci.kext will take control all the usb 2.0 port but the downside is your usb 2.0 speed would downgrade..it is ok on my side bcos im using usb 3.0 to transfer my data frm usb,,im using usb 2.0 for my mouse and keyboard

• Like 1

Thanks @spakk for the support.

For usb has try that solution but not works i have major prob because some times not Working all the ports > http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/521-usb-fix-for-el-capitan/

IntelMausiEthernet.kext noT working on GigaLAN Intel® I211AT

My Internal SSD has external icon.

and can't make restart and shutdown the system.

To day i clean the patches and i try different solutions like that "upper USB drivers"

One more question is on boot "kexts patch start" after to " kernel patch" i waiting about 3 min to scroll and continue,can fixit this ? and how ?

EdiT

i try these upper kexts and nothing change

with GenericUSBXHCI.kext only i have 1port USB 2 and 1port USB 3

on system info USB is blank

Use an unchanged Extensions folder! Then use the files as described.

Try reinstalling, on a free partition, from scratch! Do not install on an already installed partition! It will not work.

• Like 1

i m Back  :angel:

Ethernet Fixed,

Usb's i will try many solutions for now i do my Job

any idea solution for the others prob's ?

Check these whether it can help to fix the problems with SSD?
  • Like 1

Hello all!

I must say, I am very impressed that some folks have managed to get OSX working on Ryzen this quickly. I figured there wouldn't be anything for 6-12 months..

My previous foray into the AMD/Hackintosh realm was a very frustrating experience. Tried for about a week, but I was never able to achieve 1080p resolution or 3d acceleration. Afterwards, I resolved to make my next primary workstation Intel-based. But then Ryzen was released..

Can't say I'm much of a fan of the Mac. Could be that I'm so used to Windows that everything only feels counter intuitive, but it's slowly growing on me. I bought an Intel-based laptop last year, and now have a macOS installation running inside VMWare with zero issues. I use it exclusively for web design and development to test projects in Safari (and Xcode > Mobile Safari).

Based on what I've read here, would it be possible for a VM-based Hackintosh within the next 3 months, or is that time frame too optimistic?

Major kudos to Bronya, Spakk, and Giga.. and whomever else I'm forgetting ;) Stellar job so far!

PS. Bronya, I saw your post early on about being in a tough spot, and plan to throw you some "gifts" (not sure what that means) if your kernel leads to a successful macOS/Sierra VM-install :)

• Like 2

Hello @all first sorry if i'm in the wrong section :wink_anim: and of course thanks for your hard work !

After buying my new ryzen7 rig, i wanted to go hackintosh but i have been away from all this for a long time so I feel a little rusty so i have a few noob questions.

My goal is to make it the good way so i can write a step-by-step guide for new Ryzen users.

I bought a 128GB SSD for my hackintosh.

3 partitions = 8 GB for install 64 GB for system and a last one ExFAT to share data with windows installed on another disk

Stuck for now with error "Unable to find driver for this platform"

Bonjour de france ;)

post-1298918-0-99156700-1493242717_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Hello all!

I must say, I am very impressed that some folks have managed to get OSX working on Ryzen this quickly. I figured there wouldn't be anything for 6-12 months..

My previous foray into the AMD/Hackintosh realm was a very frustrating experience. Tried for about a week, but I was never able to achieve 1080p resolution or 3d acceleration. Afterwards, I resolved to make my next primary workstation Intel-based. But then Ryzen was released..

Can't say I'm much of a fan of the Mac. Could be that I'm so used to Windows that everything only feels counter intuitive, but it's slowly growing on me. I bought an Intel-based laptop last year, and now have a macOS installation running inside VMWare with zero issues. I use it exclusively for web design and development to test projects in Safari (and Xcode > Mobile Safari).

Based on what I've read here, would it be possible for a VM-based Hackintosh within the next 3 months, or is that time frame too optimistic?

Major kudos to Bronya, Spakk, and Giga.. and whomever else I'm forgetting ;) Stellar job so far!

PS. Bronya, I saw your post early on about being in a tough spot, and plan to throw you some "gifts" (not sure what that means) if your kernel leads to a successful macOS/Sierra VM-install :)

hello,

Spakk and other are strictly for nothing to the success of Ryzen on OS X, only the success returns to Bronya;)

get it right !!!

;) 
  • Like 1

@GILS

Did you sleep badly or do you have stress with your neighbor? I've never wrote here that I am responsible for the ryzen kernel.

hey I am not ten years old to decorate with false laurels. I do not need that !!!! ^_^

This should now be good, otherwise all word attacks against other users are deleted here without comment and now please go to the topic. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

hello,

Spakk and other are strictly for nothing to the success of Ryzen on OS X, only the success returns to Bronya;)

get it right !!!

;)

I only read the first few pages, and then glossed over every other page. Seemed to me that Giga has had the most success thus far, and I believe he thanked people other than Bronya.

I didn't see any screens directly from Bronya, so I was giving credit elsewhere to those who seemed to help aide in the development of the working kernel (i.e. reason for this thread).

If you're busting my balls, I guess you got me, otherwise I was attempting to make my introduction as politely as possible :P

• Like 1