Been trying installing different versions of OS X/MacOS on my main PC with no success

TemperateCone0

6 posts in this topic

So I have been trying to install OS X 10.10/10.11 and MacOS 10.12 on my main PC with no success.

So I once got Sierra working couple of days ago without Graphical Acceleration but afterwards it didn't even boot at all. I read that I would be able to get the graphical acceleration on Yosemite so I thought I should give it a try. There's 2 pics what kind of error message I get when trying to boot to the installer. I think it's about my GPU but do you have any kind of suggestions that how could I at least boot into the installer and install the OS?

Any kind of help would be appreciated.

Specs: 

CPU FX-8350

Mobo: ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z

RAM: 16GB of Kingston HyperX DDR3 RAM

GPU: XFX R7 260X ( I know it's not a very optimal card for this, but I've found out it's possible to get it working )

Tried using Clover but I got reboots so I started using Enoch.

post-1637430-0-48471500-1488631415_thumb.jpg

I've found that people with AMD FX CPUs and R7 260x were able to boot with Yosemite in safe mode (-x) and apparently replacing the vanilla IOPCIFamily.kext and AppleACPIPlatform.kext took away the need to boot in safe mode: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/354-amd-replace-kext-for-yosemite/

So give either of those suggestions a try and see if it helps. 

Thread related to this: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/303275-radeon-r7-260x-no-qecigraphicsaccel-on-chameleon-cant-boot-with-clover/

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Help needed

I installed Sierra 10.12.3 on my new PC : Intel i7 6700, Gigabyte H170M-D3H motherboard, 8GB DDR4 Adata, Asus AMD R7370 4GB Video Card and Kingston 120GB SSDnow. OSX was downloaded from Appstore. The installation went fine. 

My problem is that the display doesn't see to work properly. I checked the system info and it shows AMD R9 270 3MB VRAM. The other problem is no audio device. Can any one help me out?

Thanks in advance