ASUS K50IN Sierra -Kernel Panic- --Help -El Capitan- :) ♥

BadWolfAlfa

28 posts in this topic

Hello

I have a big problem (image attached for see)

I use a installation of Sierra with Chameleon Legacy Bios on my computer but at load the installer USB have a Kernel Panic

I attached the EXTRA-Folder of Sierra USB and the EXTRA-Folder of my working Yosemite... with DSDT and etc...

I tried commom flags: npci=0x2000, 0x3000, and GraphicsEnabler=No nv_disable=1, etc etc...

i dont know the reasson

In another test's i passed the Kernel Panic, but stay on "still waiting for root device" and never load, tried for fix that rd=disk0s2 (partition with Mac Installer) but nothing....

¿If any help me please? i tried the five last day's and nothing....

My laptop specs are:

1. Model: Asus K50IN

2. Processor: Intel® Core2 Duo CPU T4300 (SSE 2, SSE 3)

3. Southbridge: MCP79

4. Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce G102M

5. Audio: ALC662

6. LAN: RTL8111/8168B

7. WLAN: Atheros AR9285

8. HDD and Optical disc recorder - SATA

9. Keyboard and touchpad - PS/2

10. Webcam: Chicony CNF7129

11. Card reader: Alcor AU6433

Thanks in advance!!!

Sorry my bad english im from spain...

post-1672020-0-48401200-1488629828_thumb.jpg

EXTRA-Sierra.zip

EXTRA-Yosemite.zip

First off, it looks like you don't have a Core 2 Duo CPU - you have a Pentium CPU assuming T4300 is the correct model. That's just what Intel calls their lower performing CPUs these days. Regardless, it doesn't support SSE4.1/4.2 instructions that Sierra requires so you cannot run Sierra on this laptop. Sorry :( No kernel has been made yet that can emulate these instructions.

• Like 1

First off, it looks like you don't have a Core 2 Duo CPU - you have a Pentium CPU assuming T4300 is the correct model. That's just what Intel calls their lower performing CPUs these days. Regardless, it doesn't support SSE4.1/4.2 instructions that Sierra requires so you cannot run Sierra on this laptop. Sorry :( No kernel has been made yet that can emulate these instructions.

It's dualcore, but not support SSE4.1 :(

And El Capitan? need SSE4,1?

I only have SSE3 :(

And in El Capitan installation i stoped on: "Waiting For Root Device" no kernel Panic....

attached screen of "El Capitan" installer error...

post-1672020-0-40631900-1488633507_thumb.jpg

Waiting for root device means you lack driver support for whatever controller your boot media connects to. If you're trying to boot USB install media then you have to fix USB support. This is pretty common with 10.11 and newer because they updated their USB kexts. 

Thread for fixing USB in 10.11: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/306777-guide-usb-fix-el-capitan-1011/

There's also USBInjectall.kext you can try out but you'll need to rename your USB devices in DSDT to EH01/EH02. This can be patched in Clover but if you want to use Chameleon then you'll have to manually patch your DSDT. Feel free to upload it and I can take a look.

Waiting for root device means you lack driver support for whatever controller your boot media connects to. If you're trying to boot USB install media then you have to fix USB support. This is pretty common with 10.11 and newer because they updated their USB kexts. 

Thread for fixing USB in 10.11: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/306777-guide-usb-fix-el-capitan-1011/

There's also USBInjectall.kext you can try out.

Hi! i tried the USBInjectall.kext without success...  

For now i need make the new the El Capitan USB 

Thanks a lot !!!

After i make the USB i try and comment!

Heh I forgot to mention the need to rename the devices so I edited my post and it looks like you missed it. Like I said feel free to upload your DSDT and I can look.

edit: Also since you're using an MCP79 laptop I'd suggest using MacBookPro5,1 or MacBookPro5,2 as the model in smbios.plist since they were their MCP79 models. Looks like their MCP79 MacBook Pro models go up to 5,5 but 5,1 should be fine for using here.

Heh I forgot to mention the need to rename the devices so I edited my post and it looks like you missed it. Like I said feel free to upload your DSDT and I can look.

edit: Also since you're using an MCP79 laptop I'd suggest using MacBookPro5,1 or MacBookPro5,2 as the model in smbios.plist since they were their MCP79 models.

Nice i try the MBP5,2

Now i making The USB

This is my dsdt (from Yosemite)

Any failure are the Keyboard And Mouse, no work under installer... of El Capitan (no remember with make for finally boot)

Attached in zip: dsdt.aml, kernel.plist, chameleon config and my actual smbios

asusk50in.zip

That zip doesn't contain your dsdt.aml. Just your plist files. If you never extracted it in OS X you can do it from Windows from the regedit program if you have Windows installed on the laptop. If you still have Yosemite installed then you can extract it from OS X with MaciASL: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-MaciASL-2017-0117.zip- let me know what OS is currently booting on your laptop.

From your Yosemite Extra folder it looks like you never installed a PS/2 kext which is why the keyboard and touchpad didn't work. I looked up your laptop info and you have an Elan touchpad so this kext should work with that: http://files.nawcom.com/ELAN_SmartTouchPad_v4.6.5.zip it will also get your keyboard working.

if u have Apple IntelCPU kp, try patched HPET

DSDT.aml.zip

U use mcid and mcdp, the Master Chief method to replace DTGP _DSM

try extract ur original DSDT and patched again, use normal method DTGP

If u can post original here, many users like edit for help other ppl.

• Like 1

Using Pandora Box's for make the installer works perfect, used your's dsdt and your's flags, now installing in HDD im Happy finally booted, thanks to all♥

In few hours or tomorrow i open a post for help in installation in this computer :)

And add proper credits of course!!!!

Now are installing in theory works ^^

post-1672020-0-39000400-1488712868_thumb.jpg

post-1672020-0-86042200-1488713087_thumb.jpg

post-1672020-0-79198400-1488713159_thumb.jpg

post-1672020-0-24842300-1488713253_thumb.jpg

• Like 1