[SOLVED & CLOSED] Can't boot to install screen on Acer Aspire F 15

dannymozzer

39 posts in this topic

Hi, (I known I have posted about an Acer Laptop before, but I got a new one recently)

I have so far managed to create a bootable USB with macOS Sierra on and I can't get to the install screen. I can boot to the flash drive and see the clover screen but then it won't boot to an install screen. It shows the Apple Logo and then the progress bar shows up and does nothing. (It basically stalls I think)

My Laptop specs are. (Acer Aspire F15 (F5-573G))

Intel Core i7-6500u
Nvidia GTX 950M
Intel HD Graphics 520
8GB DDR4 Memory
120GB SSD

I don't own a mac so I had to create the USB using a .raw file I downloaded which must work because it worked on the tutorial and I followed every step.

I have pretty good knowledge of computers but no where near an expert. But if you need any more information, you will need to give me a clue on how to answer your question.

Please don't comment if this is stupid or something, I'm only hear to get an answer and to get to the installation screen to install macOS Sierra.

Thanks,
Daniel

Always boot in verbose mode with installers so you can see what's going on. You can't get much help without providing more info. For configuring Clover I'd suggest to use this config for a start: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config/blob/master/config_HD520_530_540.plist replace your current config.plist in EFI/CLOVER with it.

For making install media in situations where you don't have access to a system running a version of OS X, I usually suggest finding a premade VMware image running OS X and run it in VMware Workstation with the vmware-unlocker patch applied to it. I've never worked with the .raw files myself but I'm sure it's quite possible to use it as a competent install source. I'd also guess that these .raw files aren't premade for supporting laptops, so if you're missing PS/2 support then be sure and add it: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-voodoo-ps2-controller/downloads/RehabMan-Voodoo-2016-1208.zip your Acer model uses a Synaptics touchpad so the included touchpad kext in this should work fine.

This is the latest error I got. Like I said, if you need more info, you'll have to tell me how to get it. Also I created this image (on the USB) using the software on a VMware image. So I don't know why it still doesn't work.

post-1554697-0-30463400-1488718811_thumb.jpg

Try removing EmuVariableUefi-64.efi from /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI as well as /nvram.plist if available on the USB install media. nvram.plist may not have been created yet. It's also hidden in Finder so you can either remove it via Terminal:

ls /Volumes/Your_USB_Volume_name

and see if it's there.

sudo rm /Volumes/Your_USB_Volume_name/nvram.plist

If you want to do it from Finder run

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES && pkill Finder

and you'll be able to see it in Finder if it's there.

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles NO && pkill Finder

turns it back off. Like I said nvram.plist might not be there if this is USB media hasn't successfully booted yet.

Not sure which version of FakeSMC.kext you're using but you can use the latest one from here: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-fakesmc-kozlek/downloads/RehabMan-FakeSMC-2017-0117.zip ignore the other kexts in there and just use FakeSMC.kext.

This error you're getting is atypical for people running OS X on real hardware. It more common with virtual machines that aren't injecting the SMC key. Let me know if this gets you past this or if you're still stuck.

No, still no luck. Different error though. I didn't have the .plist and the only kext I have is the fakesmc (after deleting the others). I do use a fake cpu Id which was explained in a video (0x000106E0) the error is the first image (Image_0508). If I don't use the fake id I get the error in image 2. (Image_0509)

post-1554697-0-17104300-1488790278_thumb.jpg

post-1554697-0-60459600-1488790302_thumb.jpg

to create bootable stick, use it

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/559-flash-drive-maker/

after, install clover in usb stick in UEFI mode

replace folder Clover

CLOVER.zip

if install up, send me files

run it

RunMe.app.zip

and extract ioreg

IORegistryExplorer 3.app.zip

u can try a replace folder in ur usb stick too ;) only uefi

It's just the same error over and over again. And I can't disable vt-d because my bios is way too basic. Could you maybe just attach a EFI folder that I could drag onto my memory stick with the right Kexts, conifgs, etc? It would probably make it easier. Or could I use a different boot loader or another hackintosh file from somewhere else? (This is the reason why I closed the topic, because I'm starting to give up)

post-1554697-0-15788200-1489228101_thumb.jpg

I finally got it, I just found another guide online and got a working install that booted to the desktop. But I messed up the boot loader so I had to go back to Windows 10. Also I didn't have wifi, so it was a bit useless, if someone can help get me wifi drivers and set up the boot loader that would be good. Thanks.

• Like 1

-Post ur full Clover folder
-Post Ioreg, extract with Ioreg Explorer
-Run it, post files, generate in ur desktop

what ur audio codec?

I am once again on Windows, because I can't access the internet on Mac. Please find attached a .zip file with the Ioreg and Post files. All I know is my audio is Realtek. And how am I supposed to find the full clover folder? Do you want me to post the one from my Memory stick? (I've done that anyway) If you can help me get wireless drivers on the Mac install. Then I might be able to reply, but I have to keep removing Mac and Installing Windows again. (And It's getting frustrating re-installing Windows all the time)

Would it be easier if I bought a wifi dongle that supports both PC and Mac?

post-1554697-0-67314900-1489667335_thumb.png

EFI.zip

Files from Mac Install.zip

I'll do this tomorrow when I get a wifi adapter, because I've just got windows sorted again, and I don't want to keep installing mac and windows over and over again. How can I get boot camp to work? Because I get the gpt error and Windows won't install. If I can dual boot then I would be able to do this, I just don't have a spare computer to upload any files, the only thing I can do is post pictures using my iPad.

• Like 1

I was able to get a dual boot of Windows and mac. (Finally!) But I bought a tp-link archer T2U and I need to obviously install drivers for it. But getting and following instructions from http://www.osx86.net/files/file/4676-mediatek-mt7610u-and-mt7612u-kext-and-network-utility-sierra-confirmed-working/it basically corrupted my install of mac and it won't boot because the kext provided clearly doesn't work for my version. So could anyone help please? Provide me with drivers and instructions please?

EDIT: I used kext utility and the problem I had was I received a kernel panic and it just restarts.