Boot0af/Boot0ss error..

^GoJo^

8 posts in this topic

Hello, been long I haven't been around! I installed my first hackintosh after years of inactivity.

I can boot it from my USB drive only, not directly: I get the mentioned error.

I read a lot about boot1h but it's not clear. Wish you'll help me there.. thanks ;)

Sent from my Redmi 3s

It means you're booting in legacy mode on hard disk with 4096 byte sectors instead of 512 byte ones and the boot1h file doesn't get imaged correctly because of it.

You should find a copy of boot1h in /usr/standalone/i386 on the hard drive partition you already installed Clover to. If you can't find it there, here's a copy: http://files.nawcom.com/boot1h.

1. Copy boot1h to your USB OS X Installer in its root directory.

2. Reboot and boot up your USB OS X Installer.

3. Under menu go to Utilities -> Terminal

4. Enter

diskutil list

to figure out your needed hard drive partition's device node where you installed OS X to. In this example I'll use /dev/disk0s3.

5. Enter

diskutil unmount /dev/disk0s3
dd if=/boot1h of=/dev/rdisk0s3 bs=4096

6. Reboot and try booting from the hard drive.

fb8ca569b41990be6f29d7b6b47d57f6.jpg

Sent from my Redmi 3s

It workeded!! Thanks ;) now I'm looking forward to get sound and multi touch trackpad if possible. Can you help? The pack I got from GitHub which state x230 @10.12.2 (I'm at 10.12.3) does not work for these.

Sent from my Redmi 3s

Correct - if you booted in UEFI mode you wouldn't be using boot0af / boot1h so you wouldn't run into this issue. This is specifically for BIOS booting.

now I'm looking forward to get sound and multi touch trackpad if possible. Can you help? The pack I got from GitHub which state x230 @10.12.2 (I'm at 10.12.3) does not work for these.

Sent from my Redmi 3s

As far as I know it uses Synaptics for the touchpad and the latest VoodooPS2Controller kext includes VoodooPS2Touchpad for Synaptics so try that out first. Here's the latest that supports 10.12.x: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-voodoo-ps2-controller/downloads/RehabMan-Voodoo-2016-1208.zip

The GitHub you're referring to has the same VoodooPS2Controller.kext build as the one I'm linking you which is the latest one, and nothing happened between 10.12.2 and 10.12.3 that affected PS/2 support. So you'll have to figure out what's causing the issue. Try booting into single user mode and check if the PS2 kexts are loading via the kextstat command. 

As for audio, if it's not working it probably has something to do with the layout-id not being set if you're not using the patched DSDT.aml that's also on that GitHub page. It's set to use layout-id 3 which the included AppleHDA.kext on GitHub uses by default.  It's usually best to make your own modified DSDTs but if you want to try using it then go ahead: https://github.com/chuckhacker/ThinkPad-X230-macOS-10.12.2/blob/master/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/DSDT.aml

That's what I used first and no sound as said. Different hardware I guess. I opened a thread on 12.2 post install.

Asked for help with DDST. Someone made one for me but it doesn't work well, actually much worse than the one in the archive..

Sent from my Redmi 3s

• 7 months later...

It means you're booting in legacy mode on hard disk with 4096 byte sectors instead of 512 byte ones and the boot1h file doesn't get imaged correctly because of it.

You should find a copy of boot1h in /usr/standalone/i386 on the hard drive partition you already installed Clover to. If you can't find it there, here's a copy: http://files.nawcom.com/boot1h.

1. Copy boot1h to your USB OS X Installer in its root directory.

2. Reboot and boot up your USB OS X Installer.

3. Under menu go to Utilities -> Terminal

4. Enter

diskutil list
to figure out your needed hard drive partition's device node where you installed OS X to. In this example I'll use /dev/disk0s3.

5. Enter

diskutil unmount /dev/disk0s3dd if=/boot1h of=/dev/rdisk0s3 bs=4096
6. Reboot and try booting from the hard drive.

hi, after following this turorial i cannot find my mac instaled disk on clover recovery, did i miss something please help.

thank you

post-1963110-0-71412400-1506765442_thumb.jpg

post-1963110-0-31493800-1506765480_thumb.jpg