X99 Sierra installation problem

silentkiller82

21 posts in this topic

Hello all, 

I'm trying to install Sierra on two x99 motherboards. Its not my first time installing clover. i have an asus sabertooth with an i7 5930K processor, and an asus x99-E WS with an i7 6900K. And this whole installation thing is getting me crazy. Im stuck at this error at the pre install phase:

OsxAptopFix2DRV: Starting overrides for \System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi
using reloc block: no, hibernate wake: no
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

it stays there. ive tried every fix i can find online, test-2.efi and all similar fixes. 
I tried all possible bios configurations even disabling everything to the strict minimum.
ive tried including all possible texts in my clover usb
i even tried booting from an internal sata drive instead of usb.
ive tried preparing my USB with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and or using the clover regular way.
ive even tried installing the OS on a regular macbook, then installing clover on it, adding whats needed in kext and .efi, still nothing. still stuck at the same place.

Any idea what could be the problem?

im really going crazy   :drool:  :hysterical:  :w00t:  :(  :hysterical:  :rofl: 

Hello all, 

I'm trying to install Sierra on two x99 motherboards. Its not my first time installing clover. i have an asus sabertooth with an i7 5930K processor, and an asus x99-E WS with an i7 6900K. And this whole installation thing is getting me crazy. Im stuck at this error at the pre install phase:

OsxAptopFix2DRV: Starting overrides for \System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi

using reloc block: no, hibernate wake: no

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

it stays there. ive tried every fix i can find online, test-2.efi and all similar fixes. 

I tried all possible bios configurations even disabling everything to the strict minimum.

ive tried including all possible texts in my clover usb

i even tried booting from an internal sata drive instead of usb.

ive tried preparing my USB with ##### and or using the clover regular way.

ive even tried installing the OS on a regular macbook, then installing clover on it, adding whats needed in kext and .efi, still nothing. still stuck at the same place.

Any idea what could be the problem?

im really going crazy   :drool:  :hysterical:  :w00t:  :(  :hysterical:  :rofl: 

Try OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi.zip (this modified version has a higher cache than Clover's) or OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi

Also, you can find plenty of information about x99 systems: here

ok I have some updates.

but I'm using Sierra instead of El Capitan. I managed to pass where I'm stuck. I'm reaching this now: 

[PCI configuration begin]
com.apple.appleFSCompressionTypeZllb mod start

then the computer restarts automatically. 

Any idea could it be? any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

need npci=0x2000

u use it?

actually I recreated my USB from scratch, too many changes done lately, so I was afraid of it being messed up. I use npci=0x3000, I tried npci=0x2000. same result. now its getting to this screen and restarts:

mblnlt: done [128 MB total pool size, (85/42) split]

im using: -v nv_disable=1 darkwake=0 npci=0x3000 (or 0x2000)

now I'm testing on an Asus sabertooth x99 with an i7 6800K and a gtx 960.

actually I recreated my USB from scratch, too many changes done lately, so I was afraid of it being messed up. I use npci=0x3000, I tried npci=0x2000. same result. now its getting to this screen and restarts:

mblnlt: done [128 MB total pool size, (85/42) split]

im using: -v nv_disable=1 darkwake=0 npci=0x3000 (or 0x2000)

now I'm testing on an Asus sabertooth x99 with an i7 6800K and a gtx 960.

I'm also stuck on [ PCI Configuration Begin ].  I have not found the solution yet unfortunately.  I have tried all sorts of bootflags: -v, -x, dart=0, cpus=1, npci=0x2000, npci=0x3000, -xcpm, slide=0, kext-dev-mode=1, debug=0x100, nv_disable=1, rootless=0, debug=0x14e, PCIRootUID=0, PCIRootUID=1, maxmem=4096, maxmem=6144, usekernalcache=no, IGPEnabler=no, USBBusFix=Yes, and quite possibly a couple others that I am forgetting.

From some random posts I read, it seems like it could either be a USB kext issues or possibly something to do with FakeSMC kexts (something with plugins being enabled for FakeSMC?). Not sure how to modify those or what to do.

My x99 system is: X99A MSI Gaming Pro Carbon, i7 6950x, 980 Ti in case anyone is wondering

I'm also stuck on [ PCI Configuration Begin ].  I have not found the solution yet unfortunately.  I have tried all sorts of bootflags: -v, -x, dart=0, cpus=1, npci=0x2000, npci=0x3000, -xcpm, slide=0, kext-dev-mode=1, debug=0x100, nv_disable=1, rootless=0, debug=0x14e, PCIRootUID=0, PCIRootUID=1, maxmem=4096, maxmem=6144, usekernalcache=no, IGPEnabler=no, USBBusFix=Yes, and quite possibly a couple others that I am forgetting.

From some random posts I read, it seems like it could either be a USB kext issues or possibly something to do with FakeSMC kexts (something with plugins being enabled for FakeSMC?). Not sure how to modify those or what to do.

My x99 system is: X99A MSI Gaming Pro Carbon, i7 6950x, 980 Ti in case anyone is wondering

Have you patched your iopcifamilykext?

Update:

After patching the IOPCIFamily.kext, it makes it to: " RTC: Only single RAM bank (128 b " before hanging for a second then rebooting. Any ideas what to do from here on out? Screenshot below.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-03-01 at 8.55.41 PM.png

I'm assuming you're using a Gigabyte board? If so, add AppleRTC patch in config.plist "KernelAndKextsToPatch" (it'll be right above the "KextsToPatch" column, just use the AppleRTC's checkbox)

Also, I JUST switched to a 6950x and the only way I could get it to work (get past the PCI Configuration) was to use USBInjectAll.kext + X99-XHCI-Injector.kext. I also placed my installer usb into a 2.0 port. I had problems when I tried to use a 3.0 port (could be Clover issue).

I'm assuming you're using a Gigabyte board? If so, add AppleRTC patch in config.plist "KernelAndKextsToPatch" (it'll be right above the "KextsToPatch" column, just use the AppleRTC's checkbox)

Also, I JUST switched to a 6950x and the only way I could get it to work (get past the PCI Configuration) was to use USBInjectAll.kext + X99-XHCI-Injector.kext. I also placed my installer usb into a 2.0 port. I had problems when I tried to use a 3.0 port (could be Clover issue).

I have an MSI X99A Gaming Pro Carbon motherboard but I do have the AppleRTC box checked so unfortunately that won't help, I will try it unchecked as well too.

I will try the USBInjectAll.kext and the X99-XHCI-Injector.kext and I can report back tonight.  But yeah, I've been using a USB 2.0 port almost always:)