Reboot at wake, power management, general optimization - ASRock H110M

mirochan

30 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I've been running my hackintosh for a while without any major issues.

My hardware is as follows:

ASRock H110M-ITX

i5-6500

Asus GTX 750 Ti

Though my system reboots on wake and in general I'm only able to follow guides after research but often it's very unclear to me if what I'm doing is necessary or helpful. I'd like to get the system optimized as far as possible.

In the optimization process I found time for lately I've implemented an SSDT for power management and USB following pikers guide, then implemented ACPI fixes from VoiletDragons github:

https://github.com/V...t_patches.plist, but didn't include his SSDTs as I'm not sure if they fit my hardware. Not sure if the fixes are useful then also, I'm trying to get his help in another forum.

My AppleLPC isn't loading, as I've been told that could be necessary for a working sleep mode, so I enabled the FakeLPC fix, it still isn't loading tho.

My BIOS settings are left on default, except that I disabled VT-d and Inter Virtualization Technology. Is there anything important I'm missing out?

I would be very grateful for any directions to get sleep to work and how to check if my system is set up as it should be otherwise. I'm for example very unsure if the power states are working as they should.

I attached my recent IOReg and Clover folder without the themes, but including the F4 dump.

mymac.zip

CLOVER.zip

Try this: CLOVER.zip

I made a clean in your config.plist.

E.g:

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>change _OSI to XOSI</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
X09TSQ==
</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
WE9TSQ==
</data>
</dict>

There's no reason to use this, without SSDT-XOSI

If you use GTX 750 Ti, why use this patch for IGPU?

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>change GFX0 to IGPU</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
R0ZYMA==
</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
SUdQVQ==
</data>

Both are removed.

• Like 2

dont use xosi, xdsm, etc, use original table and devices and edit

CLOVER.zip

if ur mobo have asmedia usb, disable in bios

u can follow it, work for u

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/320288-guide-asus-z170m-plus-core-i5-6600k-dsdt/

use uefi mode and replace clover folder

Patches in DSDT

Fix errors and warnings
Hpet
Darwin
Sata
Dtgp
Power Button Led pulse in sleep mode (thx, Mieze)
Slpb
Als0
Lpc
XHC
Hdas to Hdef
Hdef
Irqs
Smbus
Bus1
Shutdown
Mchc
Hdau
Lan
Mutex
Pnlf
Ec
Plugin Type
Imei
Names in PCI Devices
  • Like 1

Thank you Allan and MaLd0n!!

I've disabled CMS in the bios so it should definitely boot in UEFI, right? It boots way faster now. I replaced the CLOVER folder with MaLd0ns version while running OS X normally then. After that, I rebooted and ran the Olariva command for clearing NVRam, Purge, kextcache. Unfortunately the reboot after wake problem still persists.

Also, now the HDMI Audio isn't working, it's showing up as an output option but I get no sound. I had this installed:

https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverHDMI, before I installed that it didn't show up even as an option.

In my Advanced USB BIOS options, I've got only

"Legacy support" enabled and PS2 Emulator disabled.

In my ACPI settings it looks like this:

Suspend to RAM - auto

ACPI HPET table - enabled

PS2/Keyboard power on - disabled

PCIE devices power on - disabled

RTC alarm power on - By OS

USB keyboard and mouse/Remote power on - disabled

I've attached a new ioreg. Thanks so much for your attention and help!

mymac.zip

• Like 1

Didn't help unfortunately.

The HDMI audio is appearing in the settings but no sound is coming out. Maybe I should just rerun toledas script? I also didn't use the olarila command, should I do that every time I update the CLOVER folder?

I attached the updated ioreg! Thanks again for trying to solve this!

A fresh install I would definitely try but would need to push it off til I finished my current project. I'm running a SSD with a Windows partition and a Sierra partition.

If I'd reinstall, can I keep CLOVER as it is in my EFI partition and just install OS X again or would I need to delete CLOVER from my EFI partition and reinstall it from the USB stick following your guide?

• Like 1

ReRun script again.

after ur current project, try a fresh install, clean hd with disk utility and install again

the DSDT have all patches u need, HDMI in ssdt and power management too.

• Like 1

Will do that and come back to you!

Just to make sure, sorry for stupid question: I should wipe the whole HD or is it ok if I just delete the Sierra partition? If so, I should be able to boot the installer from the CLOVER on my EFI partition without installing it on the USB stick with the files you provided me and change nothing, right?

Thanks so much one more time.

• Like 1

Hey, I will try to reinstall completely fresh this weekend!

One more short question, in the HDMI audio SSDT, the one I created with the script by toleda, the first line says:

DefinitionBlock ("iASL1CO2TM.aml", "SSDT", 1, "toleda", "ami789n", 0x00003000)

The one in the CLOVER folder you provided last says:
DefinitionBlock ("iASLmvL3pK.aml", "SSDT", 1, "toleda", "ami789n", 0x00003000)

The aml file is different, is that on purpose or could that be why I get no output through HDMI? Also it modifies the config.plist if I'm not wrong, I assume you brought these changes to the DSDT file instead?

Also, when I try to open the latest DSDT you provided me, following error pops up, is that normal?
Thanks!!

post-1537621-0-59122700-1487939293_thumb.png

Hi,

so first thing was, I tried to get HDMI audio working by replace

DefinitionBlock ("iASLmvL3pK.aml", "SSDT", 1, "toleda", "ami789n", 0x00003000)
from your provided file by
DefinitionBlock ("iASL1CO2TM.aml", "SSDT", 1, "toleda", "ami789n", 0x00003000)
from my own old file. After one reboot, it started playing, but then again stopped and I noticed it changes every time I open the file!
I don't understand why it was working one time and now not anymore. The device is being displayed in the options all the time.

EDIT: So when I enable CSM, the HDMI audio works, sound is playing! When it's disabled I CLOVER boots with full resolution and seems faster but it's not working.

Also I'm ready to reinstall, I created a Sierra bootstick with the terminal command and installed CLOVER on it, with following settings (only these 2 nothing else in the bottom either):

post-1537621-0-48969700-1488455508_thumb.png

and then replaced the config.plist from the one from your thread http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/320288-guide-asus-z170m-plus-core-i5-6600k-dsdt/and added the FakeSMC.kext but when I boot from the stick and then want to start the installer over CLOVER, it gets stuck at the beginning with a lot of

++++++++++++ signs, is something missing?

Thanks!

Hi,

work came inbetween the pleasure and the reinstall went well, but unfortunately still no success :(

After booting up I installed CLOVER and the AGDP fix, then replaced the CLOVER folder with the one I had previously with the latest files you provided and ran the olarilla command which gave the following back:

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67013 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA3B for kext AppleMobileDevice.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext

KernelCache ID: D34171FC3DB6E131EC92F39AACCE29B1

symlink("/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel", "/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache") failed 17 (File exists) <createPrelinkedKernel 2795>

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

Oh well, is there maybe anything else that can be tried? Also, do I need to generate a new SSDT or is the one from my old CLOVER folder ok?

Thanks once more for all the help, I've attached the current files.

mymac.zip

CLOVER.zip

• Like 1

try it

CLOVER.zip

dont use SSDT, try without, i apply all in DSDT and config.plist

SSDT for native pm, skylake dont need,

SSDT hdmi, try patch in DSDT and AppleAlc, work in all my hacks

SSDT USB, dont use now, wait solution

Go to System Preferences/Energy Saver and Check the option Start Up Automatically after a power failure

• Like 1

I just tried

Deep Sleep - enabled in C5 State

and - enabled in C4-C5 State

with Power On under Restore on AC/Power Loss, no luck :(

The BIOS version is 1.30, I saw that on ASRock website they offer version 7, should I maybe update?

• Like 1

ofc

u need update bios, after update, extract new dsdt with f4 in clover boot screen and send me, i edit again

send me new ioreg too

remove DSDT before update

• Like 1