[HELP] X99A MSI GAMING PRO CARBON, i7 6950X, 96 GB DDR4 RAM, GTX 980 Ti, Samsung 256GB NVMe M.2 SSD

rafamundez

11 posts in this topic

Hey guys! Running into some problems with my x99 build and hoping someone can help:)

I've been following a mix of x99 guides (found both here and tonymacx86) to no success thus far. The furthest I have gotten is a hang up on AMFILoad after [ PCI Configuration Begin ] as seen below

post-1625628-0-26093900-1487354275_thumb.jpg

Obviously the first error is that it hangs on AMFILoad. I haven't had much luck in finding out what I need to change/fix to get past this. The other error is "Unsynchronized TSC for CPU" (also seen in that screenshot). That one seems more likely to be an issue with the VoodooTSCSync kext but I'm not quite sure why as I have literally just used someone else's (successful) voodoo kext who modified it for the i7 6950x (which is the processor I have) using @Brumbaer's patch where you simply change the IOCPUNumber to 19 (10 cores, 20 threads, subtract 1 from 20 to get the 19) in the kext.

I also have a successful Windows 10 boot on a different SSD so I extracted the DSDT.bin and SSDT.bin with RW Everything, converted them to DSDT.aml and SSDT.aml and placed them in the EFI>CLOVER>ACPI>patched folder.

Currently, I'm also running it with 1 single 16 GB stick of RAM (and not the full 96 GB of RAM). Additionally, I have tried various usb sticks and usb ports with no additional success. Any and all help would be much appreciated on this issue as I'm pretty much totally stuck :(

Let me know if there is any additional information I can provide or upload, etc.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! Running into some problems with my x99 build and hoping someone can help:)

I've been following a mix of x99 guides (found both here and tonymacx86) to no success thus far. The furthest I have gotten is a hang up on AMFILoad after [ PCI Configuration Begin ] as seen below

attachicon.gifIMG_0214.JPG

Obviously the first error is that it hangs on AMFILoad. I haven't had much luck in finding out what I need to change/fix to get past this. The other error is "Unsynchronized TSC for CPU" (also seen in that screenshot). That one seems more likely to be an issue with the VoodooTSCSync kext but I'm not quite sure why as I have literally just used someone else's (successful) voodoo kext who modified it for the i7 6950x (which is the processor I have) using @Brumbaer's patch where you simply change the IOCPUNumber to 19 (10 cores, 20 threads, subtract 1 from 20 to get the 19) in the kext.

I also have a successful Windows 10 boot on a different SSD so I extracted the DSDT.bin and SSDT.bin with RW Everything, converted them to DSDT.aml and SSDT.aml and placed them in the EFI>CLOVER>ACPI>patched folder.

Currently, I'm also running it with 1 single 16 GB stick of RAM (and not the full 96 GB of RAM). Additionally, I have tried various usb sticks and usb ports with no additional success. Any and all help would be much appreciated on this issue as I'm pretty much totally stuck :(

Let me know if there is any additional information I can provide or upload, etc.

Try not to use any CPU PW when you first install. I didn't. 

I removed all my SSDTs/DSDT from my ACPI patched folder and only used Clover patches (5960x patch, USB 15 to 21 port patch, reboot fix patch and a DSDT patch for USB XCHI => XHC). Try to eliminate as many variables as possible. 

Here's my install usb efi...

EFI.zip

Try not to use any CPU PW when you first install. I didn't. 

I removed all my SSDTs/DSDT from my ACPI patched folder and only used Clover patches (5960x patch, USB 15 to 21 port patch, reboot fix patch and a DSDT patch for USB XCHI => XHC). Try to eliminate as many variables as possible. 

Here's my install usb efi...

Thanks a ton! I will try this out! Do you have this same motherboard too?

EDIT: Don't mind my question, I saw that you have an Asus x99 mobo :P

Thanks a ton! I will try this out! Do you have this same motherboard too?

EDIT: Don't mind my question, I saw that you have an Asus x99 mobo :P

No. See signature.

Just tried the EFI you sent me @mfc88 and it looks like I hit the " RTC: Only single RAM bank (128 bytes) " hang/error:

attachicon.gifIMG_0223.JPG

Any ideas on what I should change to get past that?

Thanks again!

If you're using a DSDT.aml/SSDT.aml, don't. Remove it.

If you're using a DSDT.aml/SSDT.aml, don't. Remove it.

Nope. Not using a DSDT.aml or SSDT.aml.  I'm attaching a screenshot (below) of the Acpi page from the clover configurator of the config.plist from the EFI you sent (that is what I was using).  Are there any changes I should make?

post-1625628-0-46396400-1488742555_thumb.png

Thanks again!!!!

Nope. Not using a DSDT.aml or SSDT.aml.  I'm attaching a screenshot (below) of the Acpi page from the clover configurator of the config.plist from the EFI you sent (that is what I was using).  Are there any changes I should make?

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-03-05 at 1.40.56 PM.png

Thanks again!!!!

Try this... (for you, under "new way" tab).

2YWkNGE.png

So I tried FIX_RTC and still ran into the " RTC: Single RAM Bank (128 b " error (the last word was cut off as seen from the screenshot).  I tried it again and got the same error except the last few lines were different (see the screenshot).

post-1625628-0-18669900-1488757335_thumb.png

post-1625628-0-91201800-1488757344_thumb.png

I also tried using the HDMI port instead of the DVI-D port got the " RTC: Single RAM Bank (128 bytes) " error but it got past it to " [ PCI Configuration Begin ] " hang.

post-1625628-0-63063100-1488757401_thumb.png

So I'm not sure what exactly causes these errors and why having the monitor plugged into either the DVI-D port or HDMI would make a difference.  Thanks again for any and all help!!!

• 10 months later...