Dell Precision M6600 - asking for help

wiewiorcwaniak

95 posts in this topic

After reading of forums there is fix for this:

1. Easier but not always work for everyone is try to make image of whole pendrive and reflash it to another.

2. Put whole  files from /extensions folder to kext/other

3. Reflash Clover to EFI partition (done under Windows in BDU_v2.1.2016.020b -still same problem)

I will try reflash pendrive to another all Sandisk's and we see.

Also searhed about nVidia discrete card if it used only Sandy Bridge for calculations (this is more sure, but I am not exactly sure if QM67 chip somehow interact with nVidia)

I will be left from tonight to sundy - i must visit my ill grandma - and i will tablet with me and we could exchange arguments to each other.

Maby try examine file from little older version of M6600 (that I send to this thread) how he make it done to run nVidia 3000m discrete.

@  wiewiorcwaniak

Hello!

I think, that it is a bit of nonsens to try to correct all problems at the same time.

When I have installed OSX on varios devices, I have been doing this with the following priorities til now:

1. Create proper installer of OSX version.

2. Boot the device with installer without working network, powermanagement, bluetooth, correct gfx, audio etc.

3. Installed system.

Get working:

4. Network  (wired or wifi)

5. Gfx (No NVDA web drivers on MBP 8.2/3)

6. CPU-PM and AGPM.

7. Patching DSDT and SSDT

8. USB

9. Sleep/Wake.

10. Battery

11. Audio

12. etc.

I have a Dell 3d device from the same generation as yours working for more than two years. I ended up with Yoesmite because of the USB3 problems with the not working Nec chipset.

I have digged through the files and informations of your started thread and mixed up a Clover folder. You can try to use it by renaming your existing folder and copy the new one in place on your stick.

In any case you have to boot by ignoring caches. If you can´t boot, add in Clover bootscreen temporary bootargument "-x" for save mode. If you have no success copy back from Clover/Kexts/Backup/ nullcpupm.kext to ..../others.

Have fun.

CLOVER.zip