Sinetek's Driver for Realtek "RTSX" SDHC Card Readers

Sinetek
335 posts in this topic

I'll collaborate!  ;)

great i need testers. have fun. if a card gets stuck try ejecting and inserting back.

Sinetek-rtsx.kext-0.1-btest.zip

just realized, you'll need to edit the plist to add your pci id, mine is  5227, that's the only one i bothered to add in.

report back if the driver loads on your hardware after that. thx

For more information just see the OpenBSD man page for rtsx, since that's what the driver is based from.

• Like 2

My Sd mounted as expected!

S2Controller (1.8.24) 0D7A1F2C-5FEA-3536-857C-5F96AA30476B <10 7 5 4 3 1>
   49    0 0xffffff7f826c7000 0xd000     0xd000     com.sinet3k.Sinetek-rtsx (1) EFE6D4FF-6B04-3C18-BAB7-6EB08D406227 <15 11 7 5 4 3 1>

thaaaaaaaaaaaaankssssss :D  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :D  :drool:  :drool:

What program are you using to test speed? ... a link please I want test with same condition as you :lol:

ps tested a copy of some file... ok!

EDIT
device id is 10de 5229. Why not add the "IOPCIClassMatch" instead of the "IOPCIMatch"?

EDIT 2
System profiler:

test Enoch:

Disponibile:	7,57 GB (7.570.780.160 byte)
  Capienza:	7,6 GB (7.604.232.192 byte)
  Punto di attivazione:	/Volumes/test Enoch
  File System:	Journaled HFS+
  Scrivibile:	Sì
  Ignora proprietari:	Sì
  Nome BSD:	disk3s2
  UUID Volume:	CECD4C00-F946-3E1E-BD16-8FA9B0B42905
  Unità fisica:
  Nome supporto:	RTSX SD Card Reader Media Media
  Tipo mappa partizione:	GPT (GUID Partition Table, Tabella di partizione GUID)

EDIT 3

the eject button inside the left bar in Finder here works well

EDIT 4

after ejecting it physically a kp happened (see edit 3)

EDIT 5
the system sleep for some seconds than wakeup by itself

EDIT 6

the system is a bit laggy (so good for the first time of this driver!!)

Good job!

• Like 1

@Micky1979   very cool!  I'm surprised hah.
The program I'm using to test disk speed is blackmagic Disk Speed Test.

EDIT
device id is 10de 5229. Why not add the "IOPCIClassMatch" instead of the "IOPCIMatch"?

Well, this chip is not a generic SDHCI device so it's a bad idea to match on anything. i'll go with adding all the id's the openbsd driver tries to match on, that should do it. there's at most 5-6 of them i think.

• Like 1

@Micky1979   very cool!  I'm surprised hah.

The program I'm using to test disk speed is blackmagic Disk Speed Test.

I assure you this is a slow and old SD card:

post-674334-0-10836200-1486863480_thumb.png

so the test is really good!

Well, this chip is not a generic SDHCI device so it's a bad idea to match on anything. i'll go with adding all the id's the openbsd driver tries to match on, that should do it. there's at most 5-6 of them i think.

you're right!

:robot::frantics:

that's good to see. the speed I'm seeing seems pretty constant around 4/9. I don't have one of these super fancy fast sd cards, can't test that.
in theory since we're attached to a pci bus the driver could go blazing fast. it depends on what clocking the driver configures

• Like 2

Sorry folks, this is only for PCI/PCIe chips!

the good news for USB is that it's a generic mass storage chip, so it should work out of the box with the proper matching injection.
I can't help with that much, don't have the hardware

• Like 1

Nice Sinetek,

I was wondering how long PCIE card reader can be available on macOS, not too long!  :thumbsup_anim:

So w/ your driver, why necessary buy a new MacBookPro13,x now?  :hysterical:

Though, I've tested this driver(0.1) on 0x524910EC(Dell Precision M3800), but did not work. I don't think it's hard to implement 0x524910EC, because I saw there's slightly difference between 0x523710EC and 0x524910EC, expect some different register values. So, could you please pm me the source code such that I can see if I can improve this driver(especially for RTS5249)?

Again, thank you for making this happen!

syscl

• Like 1

It works! My findings...

1. Like marco below, my card reader is 10EC:522A. I was able to get it working by altering the value in the plist.
    <key>IOPCIMatch</key>
    <string>0x522A10EC</string>
  2. Card loaded, was able to get full access to it no problem. Changed the card name and loaded it on a real Mac, name had been saved as well as files I'd copied over to it. Yaaaay!
  3. Copying speed was very slow but I think that was just the card itself... I'm at work so can only test with an ancient one I found in a draw which I think is probably Class 2! Will test with my class 10 SDHC when I get home
  4. When I physically ejected without dismounting, no problems, but like some of the other testers here I received a kernel panic and forced reboot when I physically ejected AFTER dismounting in Finder.

Couple of small issues I guess but generally this is excellent. Thank you Sinetek for developing this and I look forward to a second beta :D

Doesn't work for me (anyway thank you :) ).

From linux terminal:

04:00.0 Unassigned class [ff00]: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTS522A PCI Express Card Reader [10ec:522a] (rev 01)
  • Like 2