Attached Files

tjrt

tjrt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

please test this Clover folder.

Many thanks, @truesoldier! I still can't reach the lowest states, but all in all it's MUCH improved as you can see. I haven't seen frequencies this low in idle. What do you think the problem was with the settings I used?

HNPTipR.png

Sherlocks

Sherlocks

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,108 posts

same kernel patch in high sierra.

xtddd

xtddd

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

@truesoldier Tried enabling it, but it didn't make a discernible difference. 

lawNsXj.png

try to change your smbios

gorets555

gorets555

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

This method (the SSDTPrgen part) is not yet working with MBP 13,x and a skylake CPU as reported here:

https://github.com/P...n.sh/issues/293

The HWP option by itself works but the ssdt.aml generated causes a kernel panic.

Man, please attach your latest Clover folder. And answer please to my PM questions.

cyrhex

cyrhex

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

All right. Now I know the usage of the 'Frequencies'! Actually the value is the Max Turbo Frequency. X86 may just read this IMHO to avoid confusions?

e.g. Let's take a look at the configuration file of MacBook9,1. i.e. Mac-9AE82516C7C6B903.plist

For my MacBook9,1, its CPU is Core m5-6Y54, which can turbo boost up to 2.7 GHz / 2700 MHz. And now have a look!

attachicon.gifSnip20170210_39.png

Okay. This is for my CPU. Its value is <integer>1</integer>. This means that the "2nd" ('FrequencyVectors' -> '1') set of the FrequencyVectors will be used. Check the following FrequencyVectors section. Or this picture may help you.

attachicon.gifSnip20170210_42.png

But this is for real Macs. For hackintosh builds. The CPU is typically different from the ones that real Macs used.

So. I suggest everyone edit the 'Frequencies' entry to match your own situations, which the Max Turbo Frequency should correspond to the FrequencyVectors you selected.

For example. @syscl's i7-6560u.

According to its specs, the Max Turbo Frequency is 3.2 GHz / 3200 MHz, and we want to use the first set of FrequencyVectors, which can be the most approachable to the vanilla settings and thus we shall change the 'Frequencies[0]' to '3200'. Just like this. And also. You can even delete the other ones. Like this.

attachicon.gifSnip20170210_43.png

FYI.

attachicon.gifMac-66E35819EE2D0D05.plist.zip

[EDIT]

Or I think we can do it more easily: Select your preferred set of FrequencyVectors, note that just ONE! And then remove the 'Frequencies' entry...

attachicon.gifMac-66E35819EE2D0D05.plist.zip

is it recommended on core i5 3210m ivybridge using macbook pro 9,2 smbios under sierra 10.12.5 to lower my cpu speed when idle?by the way my 3210m lowest speed is 1.2ghz when idle

checked

checked

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Nice guide, HWP is working.

Attached File  Screen Shot 2017-06-27 at 7.43.34 PM.png   379.19KB   9 downloads

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2016 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy