SSDT simple errors,but not for me

Brd

15 posts in this topic

Hi guys,i have a little problem with an ssdt(it will not compile),and i want to make it work because i want to apply the gfx0->igpu patch...i've already asked for your help(problems with dsdt),and the god(or maybe better) @Mald0n helped me...now,reading on other topics,my problem is a iasl bug,but i didn't catch how to fix..i attach the file and the original acpi..see if you can(without put a lot of energies into it) resolve my problem(SSDT-15)and..thanks in advance!

Archive.zip

Hi guys,i have a little problem with an ssdt(it will not compile),and i want to make it work because i want to apply the gfx0->igpu patch...i've already asked for your help(problems with dsdt),and the god(or maybe better) @Mald0n helped me...now,reading on other topics,my problem is a iasl bug,but i didn't catch how to fix..i attach the file and the original acpi..see if you can(without put a lot of energies into it) resolve my problem(SSDT-15)and..thanks in advance!

Just delete the entire ATPX method. Nothing references it.

You can remove it with this MaciASL patch:

into method label ATPX remove_entry;

Thanks,it worked! But compiling all and saving i realized that i didn't see that also another SSDT(7-x) has some problems..you know what can i do here?

Why are you trying to compile SSDT-7x.dsl?

SSDT-7x is a dynamic SSDT. Dynamic SSDTs are never placed into ACPI/patched. Therefore no reason to attempt to compile it.

So only DSDT+SSDT-(0,1,2,3,4,5,6,14,15)?

Yes (you should probably read my guide...)

Also,i've seen that on SSDT-7x it's defined gfx0...

It is only an External which came from refs.txt. There is no code that references it.

Yes,i've read your guide,but i didn't catch it...so,i booted with patched SSDTs and seems to work,what i have to do to check if the GPU native power management is working?

I'm not sure what you mean by "GPU native power management"...

For CPU PM, you should notice that X86PlatformPlugin is loaded.

For IGPU PM, you should notice that AGPMEnabler is loaded.

All under CPU0.

So,it seems that my problem is solved..thanks rehabman,you are always over the top!

P.S.: When you have time,and if you want,can you help me to find my ec access?(i'm trying to disable dedicated graphic)

_INI and _OFF should be both on SSDT-14...

So,it seems that my problem is solved..thanks rehabman,you are always over the top!

P.S.: When you have time,and if you want,can you help me to find my ec access?(i'm trying to disable dedicated graphic)

_INI and _OFF should be both on SSDT-14...

I have a guide for disabling discrete graphics in switched/routed dual-GPU systems (such as Optimus).

Read it carefully...

Yes,i've already read it...but i'm stuck at "In SSDT-11.dsl, _OFF is defined as follows: [...] If you examine the code, you can see it accesses the EC (\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC0.SPIN (0x96, Zero)."
The problem is that i don't have EC0...and i can't find an external method...

P.s.: I've read(and used) all of your guides,but i'm not english and sometimes it's difficult to understand.. :( 

Yes,i've already read it...but i'm stuck at "In SSDT-11.dsl, _OFF is defined as follows: [...] 

If you examine the code, you can see it accesses the EC (\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC0.SPIN (0x96, Zero)."

The problem is that i don't have EC0...and i can't find an external method...

P.s.: I've read(and used) all of your guides,but i'm not english and sometimes it's difficult to understand.. :( 

If you have no EC access in _OFF (or any method that _OFF calls), then you don't have to worry about moving any code...