ASUS X550LDV Mac OS X Guide (UEFI-Clover)

kosakgroove

13 posts in this topic

With the purpose of running the beloved Apple Mac OS X on our Intel ASUS laptop I am writing this guide to share my experience and knowledge about this Hackintosh. This tutorial applies to running versions between 10.9 and 10.11.6, focusing specially in El Capitan.

post-1517295-0-43043100-1485820674_thumb.png

This method applies also for Sierra but at the moment my WiFi Card doesn't work well with 10.12 so I chose to remain in a stable Mac OS X

I have 99% functionality:

What Works :drool: :

WiFi, Bluetooth, Airdrop, HandOff, FindMyMac (WiFi card has to be replaced, I put a BCM94352HMB)

Full QE/CI acceleration with integrated HD4400 graphics

Trackpad with 1finger, 2finger, 3finger and 4finger gestures

Keyboard (Perfect with Volume, Brightness, Play/Pause, Numpad working)

Battery Percentage

Sleep, Shutdown and Reboot

Internal Speakers, Internal Microphone, Headphone Jack, HDMI audio

DVD Drive

HDMI audio and video

VGA out

iMessage and FaceTime

Recovery Partition

What is not working

Internal SD Card Reader

When you install Clover Bootloader to your USB media or HDD you should select the following options:

- Install for UEFI booting only

- Install Clover in the ESP

- Drivers64UEFI (Fat-64, OSxAptioFix2Drv)

After installation is complete, the EFI partition we want to configure will already be mounted, so we proceed to open it and do the following

Install HFSPlus.efi and NTFS.efi in drivers64UEFI folder and remove VboxHFS.efi

Open the folder /EFI/Clover/kexts and delete all the folders starting by 10 and leave only the “other” folder

In the above mentioned “other” folder place the kexts that I will quote next, please note that the kexts marked in red are the absolute necessary ones for booting Mac OS X installer , the rest should only be installed afterwards, after having Mac OS X installed to your hard drive and directly to /System/Library/Extensions :

ACPIBatteryManager.kext

AppleALC.kext

ApplePS2SmartTouchpad.kext

BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext

BrcmPatchRAM (Mavericks) or BrcmPatchRAM2 (Yosemite or later)

CodecCommander.kext

DisableTurboBoostBattery.kext

FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext (Only for El Capitan)

FakePCIID_IntelHDMIaudio.kext

FakePCIID_BroadcomWiFI.kext  (makes my BCM94352HMB work)

FakePCIID_IntelHDGraphics.kext

FakePCIID.kext

FakeSMC, HWInfo, IntelCPUMonitor (HwSensors3 from Slice)

IntelBacklight.kext

RealtekRTL8111.kext

USBInjectAll.kext (Only for El Capitan)

After all the kexts necessary are in the correct folder, proceed to mimic my config.plist

Note that the Kext patches included only work for El Capitan. If you want older version support, post here and I can help.

I recommend using Clover Configurator App

config.plist.zip

For your SMBIOS choose MacbookPro11,2 and shake those serial numbers to really get a genuine one.

In order to get everything working properly , follow these guidelines for ACPI tables patching. Firstly, press F4 at Clover GUI in order to dump the native ACPI tables. You will most probably get a crash, a red screen full of weird black numbers and strange symbols, do not worry, just force shutdown. At the next boot if you look in /EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin in your USB you should have a bunch of files.

After getting MaciASL and acpica tools from RehabMan (always updated) and installing them, and adding rehabman’s laptop dsdt patch repository, which is this:

https://github.com/R...ptop-DSDT-Patch

I recommend patching these tables before installing Mac OS X in order to have a better user experience and better functionality as well as a cleaner and smoother install. Your computer may not even reach the installer since we have no way of disabling our discrete NVIDIA Geforce 820m without getting our hands dirty in DSDT patches.

Delete all files that don’t start with DSDT or SSDT-

If you have an SSDT with an x just delete it because it is dynamically loaded and so does not need our attention.

Place the files in our interest in a folder and:

cd /path/to/a/folder 
iasl -da -dl *.aml

After obtaining the .dsl files you should open them and check for errors.

In the latest BIOS we have the following errors:

DSDT- We will find 4 errors

post-1517295-0-34914300-1485820232_thumb.png

The parse op Zero errors can be fixed by deleting all the “Zero” you find in the conflicting place

The remaining two errors are fixed by applying the ADBG fix from RehabMan repo

SSDT-1- We find many errors and all can be fixed by applying the patch

“Remove _PSS placeholders”

SSDT-12- We find an error related to a specific sector of a cryptic DOS device, we can safely delete these following lines from the SSDT

post-1517295-0-50174600-1485820307_thumb.png

Now that all our ACPI tables are nice and clean we can proceed to patching :D

First of all, open all the tables at the same time and hit Command + F to bring up the Find Replace dialog box and

Find:GFX0 and Replace it with: IGPU

Find:B0D3 and Replace it with HDAU

Do this in all the tables, so the renames are the same in all your tables

When that is done, apply the following patches to the DSDT:

Use the patch "DTGP" (you can easily find it with our friend Google :P)

Use the patch "Fix _WAK Arg0 v2"

Use the patch "HPET Fix"

Use the patch "SMBUS Fix"

Use the patch "IRQ Fix"

Use the patch "RTC Fix"

Use the patch "OS Check Fix Windows 8”

Use the patch "Add IMEI" 

Use the patch “7-8 Series USB”

Use the patch "USB PRW 0x0D"

Use the patch "Igpu Brightness Fix"

Use the patch "Audio Layout id 3"

When you have applied the Audio Layout Patch just 

Find: layout and it should show the only result, then make that part look like mine, so that you can use AppleALC for native on the fly audio

post-1517295-0-03234800-1485820387_thumb.png

If you want HDMI audio you should open SSDT-10 and find layout again and make it look like the one you just edited in DSDT, we do this because we want layout-id 29 instead of layout-id 3

For battery percentage you should use the ASUS N55SL/Vivobook patch

Finally when you did all that you should follow RehabMan’s tutorial for Disabling Discrete Graphics Cards, on a web which I am not allowed to mention. This will give you much more battery life and a lot less heat. You should read it properly and you will notice there is close to no difference between his example and our laptop so it will be easier than it looks like. Make sure you also use the patch he posts to fix shutdown and sleep when our NVIDIA is disabled. 

After all the ACPI tables are properly patched save them all and

cd /path/to/where/your/patched/tables/are

Then delete all the original aml files

And then

iasl *.dsl 

After getting the resulting patched aml files, place them in /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched for Clover to load it

Place them all together in /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched and in the ACPI section of your config.plist make sure to "Drop OEM" tables and set the "Sorted Order" as I did in the attached config.plist.

Before installing Mac OS X make sure in your BIOS you have legacy mode disabled and you have secure boot and fast boot also disabled, so that Clover works well. Also make sure the controller is set to AHCI mode. Remember to use a GUID partition table on your Hard Drive and if you plan to dual boot just create two Mac OS Extended Journaled partitions, don't create any Fat partition using Disk Utility cause that will leave you unable to install Windows in UEFI mode.

Post-Install 

Finally you will need to generate an SSDT using ssdtPRGen.sh (this can only be done when you have installed Mac OS X)

https://github.com/P...ha/ssdtPRGen.sh

Add it to the Sorted Order and you are done :D

Make sure to set the hibernate mode to either 0 or 2 .

​You can copy the colour profiles from ASUS Splendid Utility and use them in Mac OS X, but for my eyes, I prefer the default LCD one  :yes:

This is the first fully functional Hackintosh I ever accomplished and it took me a few months of learning… 

I am using Mac OS X for about two or more years in this Hack and I am still in love like the very first boot hihihi   :jester: 

This is almost the perfect HackBook and has worked since Mountain Lion until now 

Hope you enjoyed!  :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 6

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Many thanks for the tutorial. Very easy to understand all the steps. I currently installed Mac OS X Sierra 10.12.6 without any problems on the Asus X550ln Notebook.

Intel Core i5 - 4210U

Intel HD 4400 1536 MB - 1920X1080

Nvidia Geforce 840M

In fact the only problem I was having was some graphic glitches. The problem has been solved by adding the following code in ¨KextsToPatch¨:

AppleIntelFramebufferAzul: (Enable 9MB cursor bytes, 0x0a260006)
Find (Hex): 0600260a 01030303 00000002 0000300100006000
Replace (Hex): 0600260a 01030303 00000002 0000300100009000

Currently I was able to install High Sierra Beta 1, 2 and 3 without problems. However from beta 4 the graphical interface is not initialized.
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

You failed to follow the tutorial mate.. check rehabman’s hdmi audio thread which will show you all the requirements for that, at least you had success with the Hackint0sh.. it’s fairly easy

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Bro! i restored sierra using transmac and was not able to find hdef in ssdt10. When i was disabling my discrete gpu settings at that time my files and Rehabman's ssdt codes were different.
That's why i am requesting you to upload your ssdt10 file or mail it to me pls at enroidv7@gmail.com

• 2 months later...

Many thanks for the tutorial. Very easy to understand all the steps. I currently installed Mac OS X Sierra 10.12.6 without any problems on the Asus X550ln Notebook.

Intel Core i5 - 4210U

Intel HD 4400 1536 MB - 1920X1080

Nvidia Geforce 840M

In fact the only problem I was having was some graphic glitches. The problem has been solved by adding the following code in ¨KextsToPatch¨:

AppleIntelFramebufferAzul: (Enable 9MB cursor bytes, 0x0a260006)
Find (Hex): 0600260a 01030303 00000002 0000300100006000
Replace (Hex): 0600260a 01030303 00000002 0000300100009000

Currently I was able to install High Sierra Beta 1, 2 and 3 without problems. However from beta 4 the graphical interface is not initialized.

Hi, I have the same Notebook, can you share your EFI folder?

You failed to follow the tutorial mate.. check rehabman’s hdmi audio thread which will show you all the requirements for that, at least you had success with the Hackint0sh.. it’s fairly easy

Hi, can you share your EFI folder? I have a similar notebook, I would like to test. Thank you so much.

Hi, I have the same Notebook, can you share your EFI folder?

Hi, can you share your EFI folder? I have a similar notebook, I would like to test. Thank you so much.

Please don't be such a spoon fed baby. Many people including me have worked hard to get their Hacks working, now you want an EFI folder, when you have mine in the post, and you could simply study the differences.. I really dislike people that have no will to learn.

So now don't go asking for more advice. Read, Read, Read, Read and Read some more..

Hey Bro! i restored sierra using transmac and was not able to find hdef in ssdt10. When i was disabling my discrete gpu settings at that time my files and Rehabman's ssdt codes were different.

That's why i am requesting you to upload your ssdt10 file or mail it to me pls at enroidv7@gmail.com

Sorry mate, not a good idea at all to load SSDTs from another system on yours. It simply doesn't work, and most times prevents your device from booting. Read here, for any parts you may not understand :

https://www.acpica.org/documentation/

• 2 weeks later...

Please don't be such a spoon fed baby. Many people including me have worked hard to get their Hacks working, now you want an EFI folder, when you have mine in the post, and you could simply study the differences.. I really dislike people that have no will to learn.

So now don't go asking for more advice. Read, Read, Read, Read and Read some more..

Sorry mate, not a good idea at all to load SSDTs from another system on yours. It simply doesn't work, and most times prevents your device from booting. Read here, for any parts you may not understand :

https://www.acpica.org/documentation/

Sorry if I was offended, I confess that I followed the tutorial and tried to do it in my notebook, without success. In the last case I asked the files to test and adapt them in my system, because other guides in this forum make available all the necessary files, including EFI. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...