Having trouble with a stable build on my Asus X99-A & 5820k I7

moviemaykr

4 posts in this topic

I used the Clover boot loader and a few known boot args and managed to install Sierra but have not been able to finish the process since. Im also a little confused on what to do next to make my build stable. 

My main build is:

Asus X99-A & 5820k I7 (with the latest Bios Flash)

740 EVGA FTW 1GB gpu

32 gb DDR4 

Samsung 850 Evo 120gb SSD

After I was able to install Sierra, I tried to install the latest web drivers from Nvidia but it asks me to restart the computer which I can't do at the moment. I was able to get back into the Mac hard drive twice using a combination of the following boot args:   ncpi= 0x2000 nv_disable=1 dart=0 kext-dev-mode=1

Am I supposed to boot back up using the install boot loader or should I be trying to load up with the new Mac ssd? Either way I can't get back in.

Every once in a while it will try to load then go back to the clover boot loader screen.

Sometime I get a white circle with a line through it. 

Can someone tell me what might help me get this build stable?

So as of now The video card drivers are causing it not to load up into my Mac SSD consistently? I was able to get into it now and am trying to figure out how to make this a stable build. I have not run Clover configuration and do not have an EFI partition on my desktop of my Mac SSD main drive. Would that help me consistently get into Sierra without using the boot loader and boot args all the time?

Should I just go and buy a newer video card? I have a XFX R9 280x just sitting on my desk because it is not recognized by my system as of now. 

If I were to install an EFI partition on my desktop would that help and do I do that through Clover configurator? I do have the Nvidia icon that I can click on and try to change it to web drivers instead of OS X Default Graphics Drivers but when I do it asks for a restart which as you know I can't to to make it take effect. 

Part of me wants to just give up and get a Gigabyte motherboard but this Asus X99-A is a great board and was not cheap. I have also seen in forums that other people have done it with the Asus X99 boards so I just need to know whats causing the problems on mine. 

I just want to be clear that I shouldn't need to reinstall Sierra on here do I? I worry I won't be able to and it is not the problem anyways. Am I correct that if you have already managed to install Sierra and it works when you load into it then the only problem is my boot args are not right?